@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine…I CAN’T BELIEVE I FORGOT YOU WERE GOING TO GO SEE NEWSIES!!!! The best musical out there…you better tell me how it was.
reorganizing the library, my mom won’t let us do it anymore because we end up sitting down and reading instead.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia And I had to take a break as well, because…housework. 🙂 I got to start reorganizing our library; fun stuff. 😛
But now, it’s my day to go see Newsies! So I have about half an hour and then I’ve got to get ready to go.
Are you still here? How’s it going now?
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
@ingridrd Aww. I like him already. *hugs Randal*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
@notawriter Randal is from my fantasy WIP. He’s basically the heartthrob. XD 🙂
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, in my older sister’s book one of her characters is a mix a younger sister and myself. its kind of funny because we both claim Cassie.
I had to take a break from writing because…school
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
@catwing You know what? This one’s for you:
Threatening voice: “You never know until you find out. And finding out can be very dangerous.”
Timid voice: “Could it kill you?”
Threatening voice: “It could. That is within the realm of possibility.”
Timid voice: “By the way…what exactly is it that you never know, again?”
Threatening voice: “Whet…[Read more] -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia My characters usually have a little bit of me in them, and a little bit of my brother, my sister, or my friend, or a random person I meet on the street. 🙂 But this particular character she was talking about actually has several very similar character traits to me, which are pretty obvious to my siblings when they read the story. I us…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, well I had already killed off most of the group in that scene, so I thought I’d spare them, this time.
That’s funny. My characters are usually like my family, but I don’t think any of them are like me
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Aaand, I’m back. 😛
Oh, that’s wonderful. 🙂 It’s amazing to realize that I have the power to save the lives of fictional people in a fictional world which exists at present only in the mind of a girl who lives quite far away from me, and whom I’ve never met.
*sits back and contemplates my impact on society* – that is – fictional…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, actually, if they had stayed they would have been killed. But knowing how hard that would be for you to hear, I saved them.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy My problem isn’t infodumps as much as it is “bridge” sections. I don’t know if there’s an actual name for them, but they’re the parts where you go down in between the exciting passages and have to get the characters from one place to another. There are things that have to happen in between, so I can’t just skip the bridge and go on to t…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, and I’m back!
Its going pretty well. my characters are finally understanding that they can’t stay behind the rocks for eternity.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy Really? If you figure that out, will you please let me know the secret?! I’m working on an annoyingly boring passage myself. 😉
-
Skredder replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 That’s fine. 🙂
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
@ingridrd Thanks! I’m glad you like it. 😀 What kind of story is Randal from? (if you don’t mind me asking)
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
You know you are a writer when you accidentally self-narrate in your head.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Goodbye! 🙁
@valtmy Oh, okay. SeekJustice is in Australia, about sixteen hours ahead of me. Usually I stay up really late and talk with her at about 11:00-2:00 a.m. while it’s only lunch time for her. 😛 What are you working on right now?
@alia Hello! How’s it going? (I’m on and off right now too, since I’m watching my litt…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17, @valtmy, @rochellaine
I’ll be off and on for a bit
@seekjustice…I finally finished tale of two cities. I understand everything that happened in the first half, but then I just got confused
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Yes, let’s stick loyally to KP!!! 😀 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder I am so sorry! I said I’d be able to read it yesterday, but I didn’t get a chance. I’ll do it today though 🙂
- Load More
