@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Raspberry Blood in the forum Poetry 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Wow, that’s an amazing poem! I love it!!!
@catwing *hides* when I promised to get it done “as soon as possible” I forgot that we would be out of state all weekend. We’re visiting some friends, but we’re staying at a hotel near them, so basically I’m only able to be on my computer at the hotel before 9:00 a.m. or after 11:00 p…[Read more]
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Maybe…
No, seriously, you thought that too? That’s funny.
-
Alia replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@princessfoo *clutches notes closely* have you been peeking at my mental notes for the story???
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Pen Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, as you know, I use my real name on my books…or did you know that? 😛 There was never really any question about that with my parents, since it’s a business for me, and for business everyone uses their real name, obviously. (Unless you’re an actor, in which case you can change your name to whatever fancy name you want.)
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Maybe Rumple heard that the royal family woke up and went to “return” the girl (though that doesn’t seem like the right word after raising her for 17 years) to the castle and they arrested them there. Then the girl has to sneak away from the royal family to prove Rumple’s innocence.
While I was thinking this through, I thought of two…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira I’d let you have a look at the machine, but I just sent Bobert in it to Australia. He wants to check on @seekjustice and make sure she’s okay after all those threats @alia made. 😀 Maybe when he gets back you can have a tour. Though I think it’s actually @dekreel who should be in charge of the time machine since she has studied ti…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@princessfoo, but then how do the re-awakened royals find him so quickly?
@rochellaine, there are so many possibilities for that idea…*squeals* *grabs story notebook and jots them down* *squeals again*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia This is a very cool idea. As you know, I don’t read fantasy, but it does sound very interesting, and I like retellings.
I didn’t respond at first because I couldn’t think of anything, but I just had a really funny idea, and thought I’d tell you. 😉 I don’t know that you’d actually be able to use it, but it does mix up a couple of fa…[Read more]
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Maybe the witch is trying to hunt them down, but Rumple and the girl live in a small town and/or in the middle of no where and keep to themselves, and she just hasn’t been able to find them?
-
Alia replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking, she wanted the child because the queen owed her a debt. And at first I thought, sure Gothel cursed the family. But then I realized, wouldn’t she try to come to power if she was the one to curse them? And if that was so, wouldn’t she hunt down Rumple? But Rumple and the girl living on the run for 17 years doesn’t fit my plan for…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Raspberry Blood in the forum Poetry 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira *starts crying raspberry blood*
Wow. That was pretty inspiring.
-
Joy replied to the topic Pen Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17Â I suppose it depends on how much you want to protect your identity. Personally, I use a pen name because my real name isn’t common in the USA, so it would be easy to search for on the internet, therefore, more prone to people nosing about my personal information.
But I don’t know how rare your name is. *grins*
That’s all I got. 🙂
-
Alia replied to the topic Pen Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17, I decided on using a pen name a while back simply because while I doubt I will even be one of those big name authors, on the off chance I will be I want to have some privacy from author me and real me. Even if I stay small time, I still don’t necessarily want my real name to be out there. But for me, growing up in China probably…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese started the topic Pen Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Hi, all! As some of you may know, I’m planning on self-publishing a novella late summer. I’ve been figuring out self-publishing and marketing and I’ve begun rewriting the little beast, but one question arises; do I need a pen name? my parents want to kind of keep me protected, and though having my real name on my published book has been a dream of…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you go into the backyard to wave a stick around aggressively, pretending to fight wolves and whatnot. One of my characters fights with a staff. It’s RESERCH. I’m being PROFESSIONAL. Not just having way too much fun. RESERCH, I tell you.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character Song Swap in the forum Music 8 years, 4 months ago
@leumeister I don’t even remember asking that. 😛
I did listen to your music, I liked it. Nice job.
You can ignore this, it’s just my opinion/advice. If you want to sell them you may have to bring your price down a bit. On average it seems that albums sell for roughly $10-$15, and have roughly 10-15 songs. I think someone might by your album for…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Okay, I’ll try to remember to create that soon then. :3
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@catwing uh no I don’t think I know how to do that.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice @ariel-ashira @valtmy @jenwriter17 @alia @dekreel @kaya-young
I’ve been thinking about creating a new thread about how to retrieve a doc if you can’t use the undo button. Or do y’all already know how to do that? What do you think?I’m working on a blog post.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@catwing thank you! 😉 <3
- Load More
