@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira @rochellaine Excuse me??? Talking about names without me? That is only my favourite subject ever (after using symbolism in stories).
But I don’t often use “weird” names, because I don’t usually make up my own names. Probably the weirdest names I’ve used are things that aren’t really names (Waif, Justice, etc)
Having said that,…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @princessfoo @daughteroftheking @dekreel @catwing
And guess what? I’m currently reading The Return of the King! I’m fine for fantasy (but please, please can we do historical next month????)
Also, just a suggestion. What if we were to read for the whole month and share what we learn as we go, but we don’t necessarily have to read t…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @ariel-ashira Either of you on? I’m editing……..
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@dekreel Great! 😀 we’ll be closing the voting on Monday I think, then start reading/discussing 🙂 You don’t have to read really fast, we’ll be pretty much going at our own pace and sharing what we learned from the authors.
tagging also @princessfoo @kate-flournoy @northerner
-
Joy replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’d like to join! I need to read LOTR anyways. 😛
Hopefully I will have the time!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @ariel-ashira Well I have to go now gals 🙂 have fun!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine yeah I like the names you chose in your western 🙂 wow those names are strange 😀
hmm, none of my weird names are coming to mind *flips through years-old notebooks*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira What happened to your biblical era story? Are you still working on that?
What type of names are from the medieval era? I love names like Ethel and AEmilia but those are from a lot earlier. For some reason my brain isn’t letting me remember the medieval style right now. Could you give me some examples of what you’ve fou…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine haha, yes spicing up names is fun! I used to choose either very plain names or names that sounded like they were from another planet. Weird and hard to spell and pronounce 😛 I’m finding an in-between ground 😉
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @jenwriter17 Im glad you like it! I will likely name it that, but of course I dont really know for sure yet. I am having the worst time I have ever had naming characters yet! Medieval English names are pretty awful for the most part. 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira *facepalm* Ohh, I can’t believe I forgot that! Sorry. 😛
That name sounds very cool. It confuses me because I usually hear the variation, “My blood for his” so that makes your version interesting and different.
@jenwriter17 Choosing names is hard, but also extremely fun! But only recently have I discovered the joy in it. I am…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Awesome 🙂 I’m actually writing a letter and outlining my next WIP some.
@ariel-ashira name deciding is hard. 😉
ooh, that’s an intriguing title.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Like I mentioned, I am only able to research right now, not actually write the thing. So no, my character is a ways from being burnt.
How does the title “My Blood for Yours” sound?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Hey, how’s it going? Did you burn your character yet? Or are you already healing him/her? 😛
@jenwriter17 Hello! I’m still working on my parents books. I’m setting them up so people can buy them online, since I’ve been procrastinating and still haven’t done that. 😮
How about you? Still editing?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine aw, okay. I’ll let ya know 😉
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 I am trying to come to a decision on what I am gonna name some of my characters.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @ariel-ashira I think I can be on for a little bit. 🙂 what are y’all working on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m not going to join in this time, but do let me know when you start a different genre, will you? It sounds like fun!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine HI!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Anyone here? @jenwriter17 @valtmy @dekreel @catwing @ariel-ashira
- Load More
