@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice 🙂 Oh good. I’m glad you like it.
Oh, hahaha! That sounds funny. But it was sweet of him, wasn’t it? 😛 At least he was trying to make you feel better. I’d not heard of Skippy the Kangaroo, but I get the idea. I just looked it up anyway and see that it’s a tv show.
You know what? I really need to go to bed now, too. So good…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I quite like it! I usually like Phantoms with softer voices, but his is quite appealing 🙂
Oh, that’s hilarious but also kind of sad! Deer/kangaroos mean much more to city folk than to us 😀 Have you ever heard of Skippy the kangaroo? Once my dad hit a roo and this half drunk fellow came out to give us a hand with it because we…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice His version is very different from the other versions I’ve heard in that it’s more fierce than creepy. 😛 He does a few of the soft notes softly, but the rest is powerful and fierce rather than creepy and gently weird like some of the other men sing it. Now I’m listening to him sing “Stars” again, and I think I might like that b…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I quite like his voice too 😀 Yep, I remember that, I’ve just looked it up and I’ll tell you what I think in a minute 😀
Yes, all the time. Its hilarious!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, I’ve actually heard him sing “Stars” before. I just didn’t know his name. I don’t listen to Les Miserables very often. (I’ve only ever listened to a couple of songs, not the whole thing.) He has a very good voice. I started to listen to his version of “Stars” but got sidetracked when I realized recordings had been rel…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Ah, I was just wondering because he’s been one of my favourite Javerts (probably my favourite) ever since I first started listening to Les Mis and I found out the other day that he’s Aussie and that he was in Mary Poppins when I saw it 🙂 That was pretty exciting.
Yeah, but not for ages. 🙂
I’m still laughing at that 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice No, I’ve never heard of him. I’m looking him up now, though, and I’ll tell you what I think.
Have you ever seen the Mary Poppins movie? The musical is very different from the movie.
I know. City people have no knowledge of anything. 😛 (Well, anything related to country life, anyway. 😉 )
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I know, its a sad story. Now I’ve moved on to listening to the cast recording of the Australian Mary Poppins I saw way back in 2011. Have you heard of Philip Quast before??
😛 We must be terrors to watch movies with 😀 I just generally pull apart every movie, historical inaccuracies or not.
DUCKLINGS?????????? What is even wrong…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 3 months ago
@rochellaine you got the hair color right 😉
Yeah I think I can see a gymnast wearing that 😉 it’s a ballet type outfit too I believe (I did it for 7 years, wrap skirts were very ‘in’ with the dancers) 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Ah, the story of Anastasia sounds amazing in the movie and musical…until you read the truth of the matter and hear about the entire family’s horrible, gory deaths, including Anastasia’s. It’s terrible!
I was considering asking you the name of that Wright Brothers show when I thought of Little House on the Prairie and thought…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Well, it made me laugh 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Good analogy, huh? 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@leumeister Because I tagged you? 😛 That’s how we always get people to come on here. Anyway, it worked, didn’t it? You’re here now! 😛
Oh yes! Having someone beta-read is definitely helpful! If only I could get the next section of my book done for my own beta-readers. 😉 (I am an extremely slow writer…) Do you write faster, or edit f…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
It was crazy :D. “Alexei, unfortunately suffered from haemophilia, which meant he had to be carried around everywhere, until the disease took his life. After that, times got very dark for the surviving members of his family”…I’m sure it did, since they were all shot a minute later. 😛
Yes, I do that as well 😀 It drives everyone…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I was pinged. That’s cheating. 😛
@emma-flournoy is beta-reading a story for me (Thank you, dudette! ^_^), and she’s really helping. It’s also nice to go through my story and see it through someone else’s eyes.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 3 months ago
@jenwriter17 Thank you! It was a lot of fun. Oh well, I’m glad you like her hair anyway. I started out with it a bit longer, but when I did the second edits for some reason it ended up the length it is now. Oh say, I was meaning to ask, her hair isn’t dark enough either, is it? How dark did you mean when you said “dark brown?”
Haha, the shir…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice I love those! …oh, I hate those!! 😛
I love discussing historical inaccuracies, and watching videos about them is very fun. However, I also am horrified when I see a video that is itself purporting to be accurate and is instead very inaccurate. I saw a few of those recently when I was watching fashion history videos. Some of…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
The funniest thing about that is that the video pointing out the historical inaccuracies is also rather extremely inaccurate 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Yep, I just rearrived 😀 I’m supposed to be editing…but whoops, I’m watching YouTube videos on the historical inaccuracies of Anastasia.
- Load More
