Writers' Corner #17

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #17

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Ah, the story of Anastasia sounds amazing in the movie and musical…until you read the truth of the matter and hear about the entire family’s horrible, gory deaths, including Anastasia’s.  It’s terrible!

I was considering asking you the name of that Wright Brothers show when I thought of Little House on the Prairie and thought better not. 😛  My siblings don’t even call me anymore when they want to watch that, since they know how much I despise it for its inaccuracies. 😀

The funniest “goof” I ever saw in a movie, though, was one that wasn’t even historical inaccuracy.  It was just inaccuracy in general.  I don’t know how it happened, but every single person on the set must have been from the middle of the city and known nothing about farm and animal life…or else I have no explanation.  The actresses were having a conversation about the family of “chickens” that had just hatched in the barn.  They brought them into the house in a box, and when the camera switched the viewing angle to show the little birds they were most obviously DUCKLINGS!!! 😛  That was weird.

@leumeister
      You’re into film.  What’s your favorite inaccuracy or goof?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I know, its a sad story. Now I’ve moved on to listening to the cast recording of the Australian Mary Poppins I saw way back in 2011. Have you heard of Philip Quast before??

😛 We must be terrors to watch movies with 😀 I just generally pull apart every movie, historical inaccuracies or not.

DUCKLINGS?????????? What is even wrong with them??? 😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@seekjustice No, I’ve never heard of him.  I’m looking him up now, though, and I’ll tell you what I think.

Have you ever seen the Mary Poppins movie?  The musical is very different from the movie.

I know.  City people have no knowledge of anything. 😛 (Well, anything related to country life, anyway. 😉 )

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Ah, I was just wondering because he’s been one of my favourite Javerts (probably my favourite) ever since I first started listening to Les Mis and I found out the other day that he’s Aussie and that he was in Mary Poppins when I saw it 🙂 That was pretty exciting.

Yeah, but not for ages. 🙂

I’m still laughing at that 😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@seekjustice Okay, I’ve actually heard him sing “Stars” before.  I just didn’t know his name.  I don’t listen to Les Miserables very often. (I’ve only ever listened to a couple of songs, not the whole thing.)  He has a very good voice.  I started to listen to his version of “Stars” but got sidetracked when I realized recordings had been released of my favorite contemporary Broadway singer as the Phantom!  Do you remember when I told you Ben Crawford had been cast as the Phantom and I was so excited?  Anyway, I just found a recording of him singing “Music of the Night” so now I’m listening to that on repeat… 😛  He has a very different style from the other singers I’ve heard do it.

Do you often see city people doing or saying weird things that show they know nothing about the country?  I’ve seen it SO many times, and laughed aside with my siblings so as not to laugh in the face of the poor city people. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I quite like his voice too 😀 Yep, I remember that, I’ve just looked it up and I’ll tell you what I think in a minute 😀

Yes, all the time. Its hilarious!

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@seekjustice His version is very different from the other versions I’ve heard in that it’s more fierce than creepy. 😛  He does a few of the soft notes softly, but the rest is powerful and fierce rather than creepy and gently weird like some of the other men sing it.  Now I’m listening to him sing “Stars” again, and I think I might like that better than “Music of the Night”.  Between his two versions, I mean.

I once saw a woman stop her car in the middle of the road (not a place to park, just the middle of the road) to take a picture of a “tractor crossing” sign.

Another woman hit a deer near our house and tried to get my dad and our neighbor to put it in her car so she could take it to the vet.  She was trying to hug it and calling it “Bambi” and my dad and the other guy were freaking out because it was kicking and its hooves were sharp and they were afraid she would be hurt.  Finally my dad got her to get in the car and drive away so he could shoot it and put it out of its misery.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I quite like it! I usually like Phantoms with softer voices, but his is quite appealing 🙂

Oh, that’s hilarious but also kind of sad! Deer/kangaroos mean much more to city folk than to us 😀 Have you ever heard of Skippy the kangaroo? Once my dad hit a roo and this half drunk fellow came out to give us a hand with it because we hadn’t killed it and my dad doesn’t have a gun. It wasn’t hurt badly, so the guy kept saying “Skippy’ll be fine” to me, because apparently I seemed upset 🙂

Anyway, need to disappear now 😀

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@seekjustice 🙂 Oh good.  I’m glad you like it.

Oh, hahaha!  That sounds funny.  But it was sweet of him, wasn’t it? 😛  At least he was trying to make you feel better.  I’d not heard of Skippy the Kangaroo, but I get the idea.  I just looked it up anyway and see that it’s a tv show.

You know what?  I really need to go to bed now, too.  So goodnight!  See you sometime. (I’ve no idea how often I’ll be on the next couple of weeks, because finals are coming up and I’ll be cramming. 😉 So, see you whenever I get a chance.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice @jenwriter17 @valtmy Anyone around?  I’m writing!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

‘Allo!

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Halloo!  How are you doing?  Are you being happily distracted from editing as usual? 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

How’d you guess??

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice I’ve been noticing a pattern… 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Well, I’d tell you that I’d turned the Wifi off and I was wholly concentrating on torturing Chessy….

But you probably wouldn’t believe me.

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,005 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >