Writers' Corner #17

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ General Writing Discussions ā€ŗ Writers' Corner #17

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    valtmy
    @valtmy
      • Total Posts: 732

@seekjustice

My WIP. I have *sigh* this compulsive need to edit what Iā€™ve already written when I really should be moving on.

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@valtmy

Donā€™t. Give. In. To. It!!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

valtmy
        @valtmy

@seekjustice

šŸ˜“

Btw have you taken a look at the chapters Iā€™ve uploaded for my WIP? Cos I think it might be helpful if I got some comments before I proceed any further.

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@valtmy

I havenā€™t yet and Iā€™m really sorry. Iā€™ve just had a hectic month.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

valtmy
            @valtmy

@seekjustice

Haha itā€™s fine I completely understand!Ā šŸ‘Œ Thereā€™s no real rush since Iā€™m also still not done with the second part.

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine
                • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice @valtmy Are either of you still around?Ā  I wasnā€™t on before because I was completing a law school assignment, but itā€™s done now and Iā€™ll be writing for a little bit.

@leumeister
                You said you might be on this topic sometimes?Ā  How about now? šŸ˜‰

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Yep, I just rearrived šŸ˜€ Iā€™m supposed to be editingā€¦but whoops, Iā€™m watching YouTube videos on the historical inaccuracies of Anastasia.

Ā 

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@rochellaine

The funniest thing about that is that the video pointing out the historical inaccuracies is also rather extremely inaccurate šŸ˜›

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@seekjustice I love those!Ā  ā€¦oh, I hate those!! šŸ˜›

I love discussing historical inaccuracies, and watching videos about them is very fun.Ā  However, I also am horrified when I see a video that is itself purporting to be accurate and is instead very inaccurate.Ā  I saw a few of those recently when I was watching fashion history videos.Ā  Some of them were horribly done and seemed just slapped together with peopleā€™s misconceptions of the fashion of the era, rather than actual well-researched videos.Ā  It was so annoying!! šŸ˜›

Oh, recently I watched an episode of The Time Tunnel, a 60s tv show about time travel, where they time traveled to the Titanic just a few days before it sank.Ā  A girl played the piano in one scene, and I recognized the song she was playing.Ā  On a whim, I looked it up, and lo and behold!Ā  The song had been introduced only one or two days before the sinking of the Titanic, so there was no way the girl could have gotten the sheet music!Ā  ā€¦I wonder if you can telegraph sheet music?Ā  I donā€™t think so. šŸ˜›Ā  I assume you do the same type of thing when you watch historical movies/shows?

I was just wandering through the ages old pages of the Character Art Exchange and found a drawing by Dragon Snapper of Justice!!!Ā  I didnā€™t know she drew him! šŸ˜€Ā  I love her style of art, so I was really excitedā€¦and saved the picture to my computer. šŸ˜›

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Leumeister
                      @leumeister
                        • Total Posts: 244

@rochellaine

I was pinged. Thatā€™s cheating. šŸ˜›

@emma-flournoy
                        is beta-reading a story for me (Thank you, dudette! ^_^), and sheā€™s really helping. Itā€™s also nice to go through my story and see it through someone elseā€™s eyes.

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

It was crazy :D. ā€œAlexei, unfortunately suffered from haemophilia, which meant he had to be carried around everywhere, until the disease took his life. After that, times got very dark for the surviving members of his familyā€ā€¦Iā€™m sure it did, since they were all shot a minute later. šŸ˜›

Yes, I do that as well šŸ˜€ It drives everyone else insane. In fact, Iā€™ve been championing for a movie/tv series about the Wright Brothers for years now, since Iā€™m sort of obsessed with them, and this afternoon, I actually said to my mum that the directors of this hitherto nonexistant series should hire me as a consultant.

Me: No, no, sir, you canā€™t do that! ThatĀ neverĀ happened! I donā€™t care about drama! Its not accurate!

Me: And NO! He canā€™t wear that bow tie!! That style didnā€™t come until two years later. You canā€™t just throw away history for the sake of fashion!

Director: Why donā€™t you go and consult for a documentary?

Anyway. One of my favourite movies isĀ Chariots of Fire and it opens at the funeral of Harold Abrahams, where the eulogy is given by a friend of his whoā€™d died 20 years earlier.

Oh yes, I remember that. I had forgotten but Iā€™d saved the picture into my ā€œfangirlingā€ folder. Dekreel also drew a picture of Chessy and Sapphire.

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@leumeister Because I tagged you? šŸ˜›Ā  Thatā€™s how we always get people to come on here.Ā  Anyway, it worked, didnā€™t it?Ā  Youā€™re here now! šŸ˜›

Oh yes!Ā  Having someone beta-read is definitely helpful!Ā  If only I could get the next section of my book done for my own beta-readers. šŸ˜‰Ā  (I am an extremely slow writerā€¦)Ā  Do you write faster, or edit faster?Ā  There is a divide among us here.Ā  @seekjustice is a lightning-speed writer, but hates to edit, and I write like a snail who forgets where heā€™s going, but love editing. šŸ˜›

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

a snail who forgets where heā€™s going,

Oh my goodness šŸ˜›

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice Good analogy, huh? šŸ˜›

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Well, it made me laugh šŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,005 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >