@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper What are you working on?
@seekjustice Do you ever write anything besides the Stars Fill Infinity series(I don’t know if you have a series title)? If you do, you never talk about it, and if you don’t I’m extremely impressed because I can never work on less than three stories at once. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Wow! That is a schedule. 😀 Welcome!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper @seekjustice I’m here for about half an hour, then I’ll be gone for about half an hour, then I’ll probably be back for a couple of hours. See how well I know my schedule? 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Hi! 😀 Which first draft are you reading through?
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
Although I write science fiction, a little piece of fantasy will always stay with me. I still write best while listening to celtic music.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 @rochellaine @dekreel @seekjustice I haven’t been on here in a while… Let’s see what happens. 😀 Anyone writing with a dragon?
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re not a bookworm when you look at your bookshelf, shrug and say “Meh.”
*does not hide in shame*
-
Snapper replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Ummm. I think @bluejay still owns that position. I guess we’re just all developing major immunities to ice cream and raspberries while she’s gone. 😉 @dekreel
@clairec This was really obscure, but Daeus nominated me the substitute doctor a while back. No one’s gotten sick… so.
And yeah. I miss Tessa too. 😀 (Wherever you are… here’s a smi…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a Kapeefer when all of a sudden you start loving the name Josiah/Daniel/Anna/Daeus/Reagan/Snapper when you used to think nothing of it
@dekreel Haha!
-
Joy replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Joktan is a really cool name! I’ve never thought of doing that – picking the name first, and then the character. It sounds like a fun way to mix up the monotony of plotting. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@introvert_girl oh, just a little novella I wrote over the summer of 2017. It’s not my best work (I might rewrite it) because I was still just beginning to learn about how to write. I’m just self-publishing it with Lulu so family and friends can see it in book form. I do hope to get a blog up before summer though😊
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you make up a minor character based on a name you like, then they take over, become a love interest, and you almost want to give them their own book.
You know you’re a writer when this describes your life.

You know you’re a writer when you read this dedication: “To the fictional; you don’t have to do what your…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
I don’t have any trouble coming up with names at all. Actually, I usually START with a name, and then make up the character from there. Like Joktan.
(Okay, I’m going to say something about Joktan here because I love him to bits.)
Originally, I just really liked the name, and so wanted to have a character with that name in Embers. Then, a line…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
You. Guys. This is supposed to be INSPIRATION COLLAGES, not DISNEY/VEGGIETALES SONGS!
Ahem. I’m still working on my collages, but I’ll post them as soon as they’re done.
*whispers* I might also make one of Joktan….
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter Stella is adorable! Pets were made to be spoiled 😜
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus I actually went to church with an author, and his books are great! Robert Treskillard at kingarthur.com.uk (this is the books’ website. link his author website on this site). Also, maybe Nadine Brandes at nadinebradnes.com. I agree with IntrovertGirl; Morrill, Williamson, and Dittemore at goteenwriters.blogspot.com might want this. Maybe C.…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree Okay, I’ll keep all this in mind 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus BTW I am sorry if that GIF made you feel uncomfortable in any way. I’ll restrain myself from now on XD
@rochellaine I know! That was my reaction, too X/
@clairec @notawriter @graciegirl @jenwriter17 @epicaddie2 Thank you all! 😀
Claire — Umm…. I’m going to see how comfortable Daeus is first… X)
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@Jenwriter17 as Princess said, some of the elements are fairly generic with the dystopian genre. Evil government and Outcasts are common features, BUT that doesn’t mean you can’t use it. I definitely say you can still do this well if you have your own aspect and take on the situation and use your own style to make the story unique and different.
- Load More
