The Better Books Survey

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Better Books Survey

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@introvert_girl They’ll be posted on KP. 🙂

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

introvert_girl
      @introvert_girl
        • Total Posts: 153

@daeus Great! Thanks. 🙂

And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

MNValentine
        @mnvalentine
          • Total Posts: 123

@daeus I took it. Looks awesome!!!

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Daeus
          @daeus

Alright, KeePers, Josiah recommended I contact some published authors about this survey. I’m going to ask if they want to see the results when they come out and maybe if they want to share it with their audience too.

I’ve got a few authors in mind, but I don’t know a tone of authors. Any you can think of who might be interested in this?

@emma-flournoy
             @introvert_girl @sam-kowal @dekreel @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @dragon-snapper @epicaddie2 @mnvalentine

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@daeus Yeah….. no.

I don’t really know that many authors. Haven’t been to any conferences really–one local teen one–but otherwise… not yet. XD I’ll let you know if I can think of any.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
              @daeus

@dragon-snapper That’s fine. 🙂

To clarify though, it doesn’t have to be an author you know. It could just be one you read.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine
                  • Total Posts: 3322

@daeus Norma Jean Lutz is a really good author (one of my favorites) who published her books in the 70s-00s.  Now most of them are out of print, but she recently put them on kindle.

She now runs a young authors coaching website, and has published several booklets with snippets of writing advice.  If you contacted her she would probably be able to get the survey out to a lot of authors.

Her personal website is normajeanlutz.com, and her coaching website is beanovelist.com

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

introvert_girl
                  @introvert_girl

@daeus My favorite author is James Riley, though I’m not sure what his website is called or how to contact him, but I’m sure if you search James Riley Story Thieves you’d find something.
                    The ladies who put together the Go Teen Writers blog also come to mind. You could see if any of them would be interested. 🙂

Jenna Terese
                    @jenwriter17
                      • Total Posts: 2522

@daeus I actually went to church with an author, and his books are great! Robert Treskillard at kingarthur.com.uk (this is the books’ website. link his author website on this site). Also, maybe Nadine Brandes at nadinebradnes.com. I agree with IntrovertGirl; Morrill, Williamson, and Dittemore at goteenwriters.blogspot.com might want this. Maybe C. R. Hedgcock at crhedgcock.com too.

Would I be able to see results? I’m going to published soon I think and I’d be interested to see this. If not though that’s okay.

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                      www.jennaterese.com

introvert_girl
                      @introvert_girl

@jenwriter17 I’d wondered that too. He said they’d be available here on KP. 🙂
                        And that’s so cool! What are you planning on publishing?

Jenna Terese
                        @jenwriter17
                          • Total Posts: 2522

@introvert_girl oh, just a little novella I wrote over the summer of 2017. It’s not my best work (I might rewrite it) because I was still just beginning to learn about how to write. I’m just self-publishing it with Lulu so family and friends can see it in book form. I do hope to get a blog up before summer though😊

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                          www.jennaterese.com

Sam Kowal
                          @sam-kowal
                            • Total Posts: 635

@daeus I have three suggestions off the top of my head, but I have no idea if they would want to or not.

N.D. Wilson- contact@ndwilson.com, ndwilson.com

I’ve read all of his books, and thought they were gripping. I’ve been in contact with his wife about book merchandise a couple times so he would probably respond 😛

J.R. Rasmussen-  jenrasmussen.com, jen@jrrasmussen.com

JR Rasmussen is actually a pen name, and she’s a self-published author with one epic fantasy book out and two more to come, called the The Last Prince series- the first one was very solid, and she might be interested.

Rachel O’Laughlin- I can’t find an email, but you can contact her on Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, etc, or on a website form, rachelolaughlin.com.

Another pen name, I actually have sorta met her before, although I haven’t read her books, and she’s a great person. She interacts with her audience regularly and might be interested, too

Anyway, 🙂 Good luck!

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                            Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Joy
                            @dekreel
                              • Total Posts: 2304

@daeus  Does a master’s thesis author count??

Umm…… I don’t know anyone personally, but maybe Andrew Peterson

The only one I can think of that’s closer than Peterson is @hope XD

You can pronounce it however you want.

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 1352

@Daeus I thought Andrew Peterson too—he’s got his own website andrew-peterson.com, and then a community he’s head of, rabbitroom.com, which I think has a large following of writers with the same general worldview of KeePers. Which is nice. And from what I’ve read he seems like a nice personal guy who’s always interested in helping others out.

Also, Brandon Sanderson, maybe. If he’s not too famous. ;P

And maybe Gillian Bronte Adams, though I don’t know a ton about her.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >