@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder @rochellaine @clairec @aislinn-mollisong
The Beast is back!! Hi, guys! I’m writing
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine that sounds awesome! Have you read A Voice In The Wilderness by…uh…hold on. *looks at book on Kindle* Grace Livingston Hill? I LOVE that book!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic WE WON! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal Yeah I totally didn’t watch it either. was writing 🙂
But…..
I AM SO GLAD THE EAGLES WON! MORE IMPORTANTLY; THE PATRIOTS LOST! 😉 it was so cool that some of them on the team gave glory to God. (oh, yeah I realize @livgiordano just said that)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@joisebeth Welcome to the bestistest place in the world! (hmm, seems I’ve been beaten to saying it)
I like to write Christian contemporary and fantasy too. I also like historical fiction.
what are your favorite books/movies?
I like music too. I’m guessing by your profile pic you play an instrument? I play piano and guitar. I LOVE music by…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Hi!
@aislinn-mollisong Yes, it’s the one with the snake. 😀 But the snake isn’t really part of the plot, just part of the story. I’m trying to make it like the old westerns except set in modern times. It’s about a girl who goes out west to visit her uncle and aunt. They actually live in the city, but she meets some young peop…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I agree too. more conflict makes things more interesting *rubs hands together*
I’m in the USA too. 😊
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I can’t bring myself to skip. IT GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING IN ME! I must write linearly, for some strange reason. *shrugs* What’s the plot of your western? Is it the one with the snake?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Your Online Notebook here in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@princessfoo Cool! *high fives*
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 7 months ago
@jane-maree yay, thank you! that means a lot coming from you 😊
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@nicoleriver03 That looks great!👍
Here’s a character collage for my main character, Rin Adachi:

-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999 lol, sometimes it’s just best to keep things private. ah, us writers are so misunderstood. 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong I am just at that place in my western, too! It’s awful. Right now I’m doing a little bit of outlining, and I might just skip the hard part and write the next part, then come back to it later.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Still working on Embers Burning, (as it’s still my only major project) and I haven’t gotten far. I’ve sort of worked myself into a corner, as it were, because I know what needs to happen LATER, but I need to get past what’s happening NOW, and what’s happening now is rather tricky, yet important. (That statement is basically the last…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hey! @aislinn-mollisong I’m working on my western, and chatting with @clairec about how – contrary to what most people here think – fantasy isn’t the only genre out there. 😀
What are you doing?
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec @rochellaine @dekreel @catwing @anyoneelse
Aislinn here! Wotcha doin’? I’m writing.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Okayyy, that sounds interesting. I’m a real stickler for historical accuracy, but not so much historical events as culture. I will freak out if someone wears a 1947 dress in 1943, or talks about an actress whose first movie was released six months later than the time in which the book was set, but if you want to add a few historical e…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Yes! Everyone is so into fantasy now it seems all other genres are forgotten for young people!
I have read a little fantasy. I liked the Chuck Black Kingdom and Knights series okay a couple of years ago, and I love the Frank Peretti Cooper Kids series (which is only semi-fantasy). Other than that, though I mostly read histori…[Read more]
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel *blinks* Whoa, you’re right.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a KaPeeFer (KeePer) when you paid attention to the etymology of the words KeePer and KaPeeFer and decide you are both a Kingdom Penner and a Kingdom Pen Fan. (Yes, there is a difference.)
You know you’re a KaPeeFer when you try to sneaky-sneak other KaPeeFers into your books. (Yes, I have a dragon named Snapper. And catwings. And…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Yeah, I have a feeling I would be a sweet, well-meaning character who unintentionally ruins everyone’s plans because I would deal with things in a real-world way. 😀 That would be very annoying for fantasy believers, and could really mess up the cliched plot for them. *snickers*
I don’t know…if you act enough like a person I might f…[Read more]
- Load More
