@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Agreed. Not that I’ve read @dragon-snapper ‘s book, but that I’ve read others and definitely done that. 🙂 When I read the book @seekjustice wrote…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Have fun! And definitely let me know! 🙂 Sorry I missed you. 🙁
@seekjustice No, I haven’t. I have tried to read some classics but I usually end up not liking them – Jane Austen, anyone? So if I hear the name of a book over and over the back of my mind puts it in the “don’t read” category. Whoops! 🙂 But I’ll try it and see, and…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh well. 🙂 Actually 77 Sunset Strip is a tv show from I think 1958-1962. It’s about two private detectives, so as far as rating goes, I’d put it with Star Trek: pretty clean, and good plots, but some violence. (Star Trek has some mild cursing, though, which I don’t think 77SS has – and that’s a plus.) It’s usually very hard to fin…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Okay, I’m going to watch Star Trek now
@rochellaine I’ll tell you about it the next time I run into you 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec @seekjustice @dragon-snapper @aislinn-mollisong @rochellaine @skredder @waterlily @anyone
I’m going to see if I can write (Rochellaine — before TNG comes on TV ;D)
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec @epicaddie2 @rochellaine @kapeefers

In honor of @dragon-snapper‘s book which I have just finished beta-reading
#SectorOneInsurrection
I almost never use hashtags. THAT’S HOW AMAZING THIS BOOK IS, KAPEEFERS.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine oh yeah…………yeah no I still don’t know him. 77 Sunset Strip sounds a teensy bit familiar but I’ve never seen it. is it a good family movie?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Questions about Motifs and Archetypes in the forum Plotting 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel I’m glad @rochellaine included this link ’cause I don’t know the answer to your questions. I’m learning right along with you! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic New Blog in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec I think @gh24682468999 @sage-g and @seekjustice all have blogs.
@catwing had a topic like this a little bit ago here, so you might be able to use some of the advice offered there. (Link to the Catwing’s topic.)
-
Joy replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Haha! My phone is like that! XD
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec I’m glad you guys are safe! I love storms too 😂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Oh praise the Lord! So glad you all are safe. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Questions about Motifs and Archetypes in the forum Plotting 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine *geeks out at the sight of salute emoji* 83
-
Joy started the topic Questions about Motifs and Archetypes in the forum Plotting 8 years, 7 months ago
Greetings, my fellow Kapeefers! I have two questions:
- What exactly is a motif? And what is the difference between a motif and a theme or symbol?
- What is the difference between a symbol and an archetype?
@princessfoo @jane-maree @daeus @sam-kowal @rochellaine @skredder @that_writer_girl_99 @dragon-snapper @seekjustice @jenwriter17 @anyone
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Well, there is a Vulcan salute emoji, but it’s only for phones, I think. It looks like this:
(Found in Google images.)@notawriter 😀 Why? Because your mother finds him attractive, or because she would think it weird that you have opinions on whether guys are attractive? (My mom just thinks it’s funny when I do, 🙂 though my you…[Read more]
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic Romance Novel Pet Peeves and Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daughteroftheking I get what you mean, once I watched a Hallmark movie about this lady who was training to be a shrink, and coincidentally struck out a friendship with this 11 year old girl and her widowed father. At the Dark Moment of Doom of that movie, the dad read part of the MC’s therapist thesis paper thingy, that closely described the…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I haven’t watched TNG yet. I might watch it tonight if I’m not busy 😀
@daughteroftheking Which is your favorite series? Mine is TOS. Favorite character? Mine is Spock 😎 *wishes there was an emoji for the Vulcan salute*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@daughteroftheking *welcomes you because I could talk about Star Trek all day* Actually, my brother’s the Trekker in the family, but because he likes it so much I’ve been exposed to it and like it too. My favorite series is Voyager, but my favorite character is Worf from TNG, so yes, I like it. Captain Picard is really cool, and he’s Brit…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter Actually, you’re right. Chara’s hair is straighter. As I told @kaya-young, that’s kind of what she looks like when she’s dressed up. 🙂 (She actually looks kind of like me, and if you look at my hair in my profile pic you’ll see it’s straight, but I can tell you that it’s really easy to curl, and I can get my hair to look similar t…[Read more]
- Load More
