@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine X’D
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel A STAR TREK GIF!!! 😀
@ariella-newheart Have you ever tried rice milk? That’s my favorite.
-
Joy replied to the topic *waves* hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@bekreations Ahh, cool! Which is your favorite Halo song? Mine is either Library Suite or Truth and Reconciliation.
Do you have a favorite Pixar soundtrack? Mine is probably Finding Dory
You Me & Gravity is from a game called Planet Coaster, and it is one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard.
Funny how much we have in common with the…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
OH MY GOODNESS! I forgot to mention that this is PART 8! @supermonkey42 A heads up. I forgot to mention it on the post itself *facepalm*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel @catwing @kaya-young Heyeeee! I’m writing! Anyone want to join me?
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk That’s what I love about Kapeefer literature: Tension and hilarity at the same time. 😀
Actually he’d be better at being a henchman, but yeah
NOT UNTIL TUESDAY! ;-P
-
Joy replied to the topic *waves* hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@bekreations What kind of soundtracks and filmscores do you like? I mostly listen to Pixar soundtracks, along with the music from Halo (even though I’ve never played that game), the Lord of the Rings (haven’t watched it XD ), and Studio Ghibli (have watched some of those 😛 ).
Have you heard of the album You, Me & Gravity?
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Thank you!! HAHA, that what everyone says XD
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@mnvalentine Yes, I was laughing, too, as I wrote it. It’s another one of my favorite parts XD
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel this is so cool! 😀 I CANNOT wait until the next part!!!
-
Joy replied to the topic Introducing Myself in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
By the way, I really loved your poem “Autistic”! That was really beautiful.
Thank you!! 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks. That’s okay. I probably should ask someone like @daeus shouldn’t I?
Oh, wait…I think I just did. 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
The GIF-Hiders: An Easter Story
Part Eight: Up a Tree
Having just hidden a Star Trek GIF, Skredder suddenly lifted her head. “Earthquake,” she simply said.
Everyone looked at her. “What?” said Valentine.
“Earthquake! An earthquake’s coming!” Skredder repeated.
“She’s right! I feel it, too!” called Catwing from a tree branch.
“But earth…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira I think it’s really interesting that there’s an eighteenth-century English dictionary that lists dragons as “now rare!” 😀 And the Bible does mention unicorns, so possibly? There’s not much certainty as to what kind of animal the Bible was talking about, and some say it might have been rhinoceros, but those actually have two ho…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira But, if you like, you could just imagine that I go around yelling “Sylvester – Sylvester!” all the time. 😀 😀 😀 Maybe I know someone named Sylvester and he’s missing? So I call him all the time, but he never answers.
Which explanation do you prefer?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Actually I read your post in my email and didn’t even see the italics before answering. 😀 The way the line is structured puts the most emphasis on the second syllable, while the fourth and sixth syllables have a little less emphasis and the eight syllable has the least emphasis besides the non-accented syllables in between. (At l…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, I just put the italics there to let you know what the difference was. So really I meant it would look like this:
“When it threw fearsome flames at me.”
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel I don’t know…putting that much emphasis on “it” doesn’t sound quite right, do you think? The second syllable in that line is the one with the most emphasis in the entire line, so I’d feel strange putting all the force on an ambiguous word like “it.”
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Well, signing off! Might be back Monday. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira Yeah. The thing is, I actually believe dragons are real. 😀 But I do understand they’re looked upon as fantasy creatures. As I said before, I was intending it to be a comic poem, but accidentally made it serious, so that’s probably what the problem with that is.
*giggles* Um, that’s a quote from one of my favorite books. It’s…[Read more]
- Load More
