@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
“Akira! Fren! What’s going on? Where are you?”
A piece of the wall disappears and the stranger that spoke into the black box walks through the rectangular hole. My growing panic eases slightly.
But as I look at the man I see a sack, my sack, in his hand. The panic returns, and with it comes the realization that nothing looks familiar. Even th…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I wake to the sound of rustling grass and the smell of blood. Only, I can’t see anything, not even when I open my eyes.
“Did we win?” I mumble breathlessly.
Akila wipes stray hairs away from her face. “Yeah, why?”
I grunt, struggling to sit up. “If we won, why am I bleeding?”
“When you got stabbed the enemy, everyone was so surprised they…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder, so I’m all alone??? so sad
-
Alia replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17, here’s a picture for you

-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder, you still on?
-
Alia replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17, thanks, here it goes…
the storm was raging outside, but inside the magic was working…
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Have fun! I might be on later too 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder alrighty, just gave you access. I’m gonna fix it so that whenever I post the link people already have access 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice @warrenluther04 Hey guys you gonna write your sentences? 😉
I’ll get this going again by tagging @alia 🙂 here’s your picture:

and i’ll also tag @jane-maree here’s your picture 🙂

-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Oh. 🙂 It’s so sweet of you to remember! 😀
@skredder Thank you! Yes, I know what AUs are. 😉
@ariel-ashira @jenwriter17 Thank you!! 😀 Yes, I’m actually going downstairs to my birthday party now that the food is finally ready. 🙂 So goodbye for now, everyone! I hope to be back here possibly for a little bit in the afternoon or tonight.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine I’m not writing right now but……….
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCHELLAINE!!!! *throws confetti* *gives you cake* *hands you party hat* I didn’t know today was your birthdaaaaaaaay! Are you doing anything special to celebrate? 😀 (though writing on your birthday is already pretty stellar 😉 )
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Jane said that in my prologue of my WIP, I was telling instead of showing a lot. Well, I rewrote the prologue, but I’m afraid it’s kinda choppy. Would you mind reading it and telling my what you think (comparing it to the first prologue)?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YJqgpOoWQPlg8psr3N6IY-TeW7tZtrcKdxk8uw7TcGI/edit
I’ll tag…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Introducing Myself in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira I used to only write historical fiction. yeah, it’s a lot of fun to research for historical books. 🙂 What are your favorite books? I really like books by Douglas Bond (historical), Chuck Black (fantasy), C R Hedgecock (contemporary), Robert Treskillard (historical fantasy), and I’m sure there are more, but I won’t overwhelm you 😉
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, you mentioned it a week ago. So, happy 19th
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Yes it is! But…how did you know? 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira I have noticed you calling yourself dumb or saying you think you make “dumb” comments or questions several times lately. I want you to know that none of us think you are dumb, and that asking questions is the only way you can learn, so if you don’t know something, of course you should ask about it! It’s not dumb to not know s…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, @skredder, I’m on for a bit.
Rochellaine, isn’t it your birthday today?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Yes, I was stuck a few days ago, but then Dragon Snapper taught me the amazing usefulness of word wars! I got a lot done racing against her, Sam Kowal, and Dekreel, so now I’m very happy with how it’s going. I’ve decided to do very minimal editing, and basically do it like a planned freewrite. That way I’ll get it finished quickly, an…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Introducing Myself in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira Welcome to Kingdom Pen! Trust me, you don’t have to be a great writer to be here; I’m not so good myself. We’re all learning and helping each other grow. Any and every writer is welcome! 😉
What genres do you like to write/read?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder I’ve heard you mention Clouded Fury a few times, but I don’t recall knowing what it’s about?
I’m working on a blog post about my western.
- Load More
