@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
I’ve actually read that article, ha. @daeus
Ummm… *sighs* Okay. The swordsmen in my WIP use them to fight monsters, so…um, I know nothing and if you could maybe just start with explaining the different kinds of swords?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong *bows with a flourish* Why thank you. 😉
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@ingridrd THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong It’s fantasy. Sure thing (I’ll give you the long synopsis…)!
Jaclyn Fallows’ world has a history of turning upside down.
Like when she was suddenly able to create a small blue flame in the palm of her hand on her eighth birthday. Or when she started having the same dream about the sister who vanished without a trac…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Anything you can give me on swords, fighting styles, etc. will definitely be helpful.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I need help with this too. Trust me, the Google isn’t very helpful at finding swordfighting stances or even just types of swords.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@ingridrd Sounds awesome! What genre is it? can you give me a tiny synopsis? (I love hearing about KeePer books. 😉 )
-
Elizabeth started the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
Alright, peoples, listen up. I have questions.
One of the reasons I’ve enjoyed writing in the sci-fi genre is that you don’t have to know much about fighting styles or weapons. It’s sci-fi, and no one expects you to be realistic the entire time, so you can just…make stuff up. Which I do. A lot.
But, in the days since my old sci-fi WIP k…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong It’s called Substitute. 🙂
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@ingridrd Still working on Embers. I’ve gotten, lets see…14,114 words so far, and I’m deep into the third chapter. What’s your WIP called?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
You didn’t tag me either, but…no. Elemental powers aren’t cliche. Now, the way you use them can be cliche, but as for the powers themselves, they’re a great way to spice up a character.
Everyone above me has already mentioned that, and everything else on this subject, so…I’ll shut up now.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Editing my WIP. My goal was to have the first draft finished by Christmas, and I did it! So now I’m rewriting some of the beginning. What about you?
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@ingridrd YAY! I’m still writing. Its awesome finally getting my colors back after so long….what’re you working on?
-
Snapper replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight So, I had that exact same question just a week ago.
And I started a blog. I had no idea what I was going to write about, but as soon as I started it, I started finding ideas.
To get a general idea of what bloggers blog about, I’d check out a bunch of blogs. There are some good ones on the page of my blog.
For me, I get the…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong *waves arms wildly* I am heeeere!!!!
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
@warrioroftherealm I’m using elementals. I think they are only cliche if you have the protagonist and antogonist (or the two main protagonists) have opposing powers, such as fire and ice. If they have powers that don’t really clash, such as fire+earth and wind+water like my MCs do, it isn’t as overused. My villain doesn’t even have powers, which…[Read more]
-
Hannah replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 wow of course!
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Hey, guys! Aislinn is here and MY COLORS ARE BAAAAAAACK!!!!! I’ve written about three pages in the last day alone! Who else is here? @dekreel? @catwing? @dragon-snapper? @winter-rose? @sam-kowal?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 Definitely! Have a good trip!
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@ingridrd Thank you! 😉
- Load More
