@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17Â *scratches chin* *grimaces (these claws, ya know)*
Hmmm…
I like all of them… I’m sort of leaning on #2, the Christian contemporary. It sounds powerful. But I also really like #3 because it just fascinates me how Christianity spreads even in places like that. #4 would make a good short story 🙂
Yeah, #3 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 whoa! You’re a fast reader. You definitely aren’t going to need until March! 😊
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@bella-d Oh, yeah, the rank under your name depends on how many times you’ve posted.
Once you have made…
- Your first post, you are a Bumbling Henchman
- 20 posts, you become a Charismatic Rebel
- 50 posts: Wise Jester
- 100 posts: Loyal Sidekick
- 300 posts: Knight in Shining Armor
- 1000 posts: Eccentric Mentor
- 2000 posts: Chosen…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I agree with @daeus that the English longbowmen were amazing. This is my favorite description of a demonstration of the use of the longbow.
It is from a book by G. A. Henty called By Right of Conquest (About the conquests of Cortez) and is in the public domain, so I copied it from gutenberg.org to a google document. An Eng…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@bella-d And I’m thrilled you’re thrilled I know who those authors are! 🙂 Do you like Jeanne d’Albret because of reading the Chosen Daughters series? My favorite in that series was Margaret Wilson in Against The Tide.
Have you read any books by Lois Walfrid Johnson, Robert Elmer, or R. M. Ballantyne?
@notawriter and @daeus Thanks! My bra…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@mnvalentine You like Les Mis? AWESOME! I like it, too! Although I’m only halfway through the book so far. I’m really enjoying it 😉
@emma-flournoy, I found another Les Mis fan for you! ;-P
-
Snapper replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight *looks in awe of raspberry sunshine*
@inklingforchrist Good question. I honestly don’t know. Every time I start a novel, it’s a big fear of mine that it’s not going to be very long at all. But even if your novels are short, it’s okay. My only suggestion for making books longer is adding in more conflict between characters and…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose Yep. I’m still lovin’ that GIF. XD
@ethryndal Perfect GIF. 😛 I’m surprised though, you didn’t use Galadriel. 😛 😉
@jenwriter17 The chair melting thing is basically what I do when I’m not happy with something. It’s my forum ‘signature’. 😉
@emma-flournoy Thankee.
-
Snapper replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight For me, simple observing has been the best. I’ve actually been observing for a year and half now. O.O Woah… that long, self? Weird.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine I really enjoyed the Dragon one, but the Giant one was definitely…unique. And the last one made no sense at all, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t meant to 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@bella-d Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m a historical fiction lover and writer too. I’m currently obsessed with the French revolution and have just read The Scarlet Pimpernel, A Tale of Two Cities, etc, lately.
I love Elisabeth Elliot’s books too! Which is your favourite?
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@That_writer_girl_99 I finally just saw this, and realized that you tagged me right from the get-go. For some reason, I didn’t get the notification. *kicks technology*
But This. Is. COOL! If I can ever get any of the tid-bits I’ve learned organized properly, I will definitely return.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
@Skredder First off, hi! I don’t think we’ve met.
And second, YES, the Persian technique is really cool. I actually forgot about that. (Though I do disagree about only being able to hold a drawn bow for eight seconds. I know a girl who shoots with a standard recurve, and she says she’s able to hold it fully drawn for at least a minute.)
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@Graciegirl Well of COURSE we all missed you. You did come up with our favorite expression, after all. 😉
And YES to everything you said about The Last Jedi. The Praetorian Guards (yep, that’s what they’re called) and the Force Connection thing… Those two moments were my favorites as well. So much interesting development with Kylo, oh my…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-Snapper WOOT!!! That’s fantastic! *rains glitter from the ceiling**random chair falls**phones get dumped by the bucket-load* Good grief, three books already? Sheesh, kid, you’re making the rest of us look bad. (Namely, me… 😀 )
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
@That_writer_girl_99 Ah. Ah ha ha. Hmm. Keep in mind that while I do own a long-sword, a short-sword, and a compound bow, I wouldn’t exactly consider myself a master at using any of them. (Particularly the bow, because when one lives in an urban area, there’s no SPACE.) But while I do lack actual EXPERIENCE, I have researched the subject of…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@bella-d Cool! What kinds of things do you like to sew?
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
Well, that failed.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
So. I ended up writing some songs. Just some little snippets to put at the beginning of chapters. Here they are!
——-
<p style=”text-align: center;”>Born of cold</p>
<p style=”text-align: center;”>Born of tears</p>
<p style=”text-align: center;”>Born of gold</p>
<p style=”text-align: center;”>Born of fears</p>
<p style=”text-align:…[Read more] -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Hey @bella-d !
Welcome to KP! What do you like to do when you aren’t writing?
And @rochellaine I think that genre is called contemporary or contemporary fiction??
(if someone knows and i’m wrong pls let me know!) - Load More
