@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail *waves enthusiastically* Welcome! I know this is a boring question, but where do you go to school?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Hello! I am also 15, homeschooled, and have three younger siblings (also an older sister)! Do you have a favorite genre to write?
-
SeekJustice and
Rochellaine are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
I’ve grown out of those sorts of books but I used to love them when I was in that age group.
That is actually a really cool idea! I would definitely read that, I’ve never read much about the Civil War, but I love historical fiction and that premise sounds fascinating. Maybe you should try a rewrite?
Goodnight then. I’ve enjoyed…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Well the kids series is just simple, clean, adventure stories for about ages 8-14. Four brothers and sisters go underground, in the mountains, to Florida, and solve a few mysteries. 😉 I’ve gotten really good reviews on them since I published the first two in 2014.
The novel is a time travel book I finished in 2016 but we’ve had a…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
*gasp* I had no idea. Time zones literally confuse me so much. It’s 6pm here. I haven’t even had dinner. I feel you should probably sleep.
My publishing experience includes a short story in a magazine almost two years ago and a blogful of ramblings. I’m hoping to be traditionally published one day, but I’m happy to look into…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice By the way, have you ever published a book before? I’ve published 7 so far, though none as grand as yours. 6 books in a kids series and a 300 page novel. No real themes to speak of. But just wondering what your publishing experience is.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Or the fact that they’re staying up til 2 discussing it with you? 🙂 I’m in the US on the East Coast.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for that insightful comment. I had actually never considered that to be part of the theme, it just appeared and I had never thought about the fact that her first impressions were different to what he really was. (sort of like Pride and Prejudice, but the other way around).
I was pondering the fact that she fell in love with…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’m glad I didn’t lose it after all. Whew! At least now I only have one thing to rewrite. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh Hooray! I found it! It disappeared for a little while, but clicking back into “history” I was able to salvage it. 🙂 Here it is:
@seekjustice That’s a little hard to answer, actually, since I come from the same viewpoint and am automatically reading it assuming she did something wrong, and interpreting what’s written to read that she did so…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
I’m extra sorry now 🙁
That happened to me when I was replying to comments on my blog the other day, and I was super annoyed because my comment was very long and eloquent 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Can the same thing happen twice in one night?!!! I just wrote a really long response to your questions and lost it all! I’ll try to rewrite it if I decide I have the patience. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I’m sorry, it’s really super annoying when that happens. May you have great speed in your rewriting 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Thanks, I tried that, but it’s really gone. 🙁 Oh well.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Welcome! Did you possibly get your topic title, (Salutations,) from Charlotte’s Web?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 @rochellaine @waterlily
Well, my fangirls, I have some questions for you. These are mostly moral and theme questions, I think, so hopefully they make sense. if they don’t just let me know and I’ll try to rephrase them.
Sapphire: okay….well…*stops to scratch head*. In our day and age, teen girls who have kids are not as frowned…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet!! (HAHA I SAID IT FIRST!). Sorry. *coughs* *straightens jacket*
Well, where do we begin! I’m homeschooled too (currently in my last year though), what kind of books do you read? Do you have a current writing project? Where abouts in the world are you from?
Also, what kind of dog is an…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks… *awkwardly trails off*.
I’m glad you weren’t (overly) traumatized by my story. I aim not to utterly destroy my readers ( just my characters *sinister chuckling*)
But seriously, thank you. It means so much.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
That happened to me once but I just googled how to restore unsaved changes or something like that and found instructions on how to get it back! It worked too and I was so pleased!
- Load More
