@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail Ohh… So Doctor Who has been going on for 50+ years, with a break in between. There is the “classic era” (1963-1989) and the “revived era” (2005-present).
I would highly recommend the classic era because it’s generally easier to follow and understand than the revived era. I think in terms of actors who have played the Doctor more…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-anson I know the difference between manga and anime
But seriously, you should animate your drawings, and make an anime show!!
@perfectfifths I draw the head first, then I do a “nude sketch” of the body and posture (obviously undetailed), and then do the clothing form there.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Awesome! Bestiest battle cry ever. 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Haha, okay, I guess people do it in different ways. I rarely plan more than the sparsest of plots, and sometimes even those get changed as I go along. So when I put in chapter breaks, they often get switched back and forth during the editing period. My completion marks are more set where the character decides something or goes so…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I also like Devan a lot. Thanks for the input. (Oh, and Larik is a great name, by the way, @daughteroftheking, but I don’t feel like it suits my character. 😉 )
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I didn’t start out using chapter breaks, but as I started working on more complicated plots, using chapter breaks became necessary. When you get into writing, there’s a kind of flow to it, and you get a feel for where to end. Even if you don’t hit a consistent word count, it’s only the first draft, so don’t worry.
I say go for it.
Oh, and…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young
Oh yeah I thought of another thing.. So I would avoid using super overdone/common superpowers as I think they can turn readers off a little bit. Try to put your own twist on them if you must 🙂
I guess most things have been done but I think there is always new ways to use them. -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young I like mostly American history and culture from about 1910 to 1970. I used to be totally into the Civil War, but I’ve kind of backed off that a little as I got more interested in the 1900s. I do like reading about the Irish Potato Famine, because of the connection it had with the Irish immigration to America. 🙂 I don’t like An…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily I’ve done it both ways. It’s not that important in the first draft, but if in writing it you feel that you really want a chapter break somewhere, you could put it in as a page break and a “CHAPTER” above the text without signifying chapter numbers. Or instead of this you could just put in a line break such as: ~~~. That is what I us…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Great! I like Devan because it makes me think of someone who’s a bit of a rascal, but still confident and commanding.
I also love the name Larik, which was posted here by @daughteroftheking . A regular name that gives me the same impression of character is Zac.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
*stalks this topic*
-
Sink replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths, I do mine about the same. Save I start from a ball-jointed stick figure, and then add muscles, and details. Clothes and facial details go on last, along with any accessories(like a sword).
@dekreel, manga and anime are technique the same thing. Manga is just the comics, where as anime is the TV shows and movies. So basically, if…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Reachers sound cool! 🙂
Haha, one of my characters sees his powers as more of a problem too.
Hmm well I’ve not actually written my story so your guesses as to do’s and don’ts are probably as good as mine.
If (when?)I actually wrote mine though I would want to figure out a way to use the powers as a tool to convey the stories theme and…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine That’s a very good point. *smacks face*
He is fifteen years old. He is mischievous, bold, and reckless, often does things without thinking. He can fight his own battles, but tries to do too much on his own (he’s slightly arrogant).
Appearance: windswept brown hair, dull green eyes, average height.
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing Thank you! I like how she’s carrying an apple and a dagger. 😀 (As a matter of fact, she does use a poisoned apple… How’d you guess? XD)
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Ooh… Dinosaurs among us? I like that! 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughteroftheking Yes, she is fun to write! 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Shweet!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
The tag didn’t work. How odd. *squints* Let’s try that again…Â @ingridrd
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I love it! 🙂 Thanks!
@ingridrd Do you have a little more information about your character? Just saying he’s a guy doesn’t explain much. Is he sweet and caring, or tough and distant? Is he big and muscular, and can he fight his own battles, or would he rather be behind a desk? How old is he? I would use these to get a picture and t…[Read more]
- Load More
