@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
Sounds interesting! I’ve read a few similar to this, but I like where this is going 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I’ll definitely check it out when I’m done here!
(Ha, I know all about long rambling, that’s me all the time…Usually concerning something I either love or hate).
Time travel indeed! I was once listening to an American pastor on a podcast who left America on a flight to Australia and completely skipped over his birthday (I think…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Finally finished that post. It was really hard, because I’ve never written a synopsis for this particular book before, and I don’t usually figure out the entire plot before I write, but just a general idea. But anyway, it’s there, so if you’d like to see about it, go ahead. 🙂
(I do actually have more plans than what I wrote in th…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine started the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
This doesn’t have a name yet, but it is supposed to be a contemporary novel set in the American West with a plot similar to the old Westerns. This is not a book blurb, just an explanation of what it’s about.
Chara (Sh-ah-ra) Doran visits her uncle and aunt in Nevada. She is a five-foot-tall nineteen-year-old who is self-conscious about her s…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hi, thanks for your comments. (I’m assuming it was you.)
I’m planning on editing and finishing the story hopefully in a few days or a week, and then I’ll post the completed version here – I guess for more critique. 🙂
So thanks everyone, and I’ll talk to you about the story in another little while.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I used to print them off the internet and fill them out, but I found I never ever used the stuff I wrote in them, so I’ve designed my own system which I use now and I find very helpful. Personally, writing is super difficult without them!
(I’ve already been to Sunday morning church! I’ll never get used to time zones).
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I have only recently been introduced to character charts, and have only ever done one…but it was fun – and a lot of work. 🙂
I am about to be done now, but I think I’ll post my Contemporary Western in Novel Critiques first. (Can’t stay up too late tonight, because tomorrow’s Sunday.)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hello! I’m totally doing character charts *looks around guiltily* totally not getting distracted by the internet…….
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I totally understand the “I’m not really part of the conversation until my mom mentions I write books” thing. 🙂 I can hear those words from across the house.  Because it’s so common I don’t have as much trouble answering as I used to, though.
Okay, something that my family did because I’m a writer which no one else would do.…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@alia The Doctor (Who-fanfic! ;P ) would rather be on the run with an ally she can’t stand. She loves that 😛
@perfectfifths Ohh, that’s a tough one… Maybe, ooh, never have a birthday again
@aviantrail Bugs. It’s an experience
@catwing She already travels all over the future and past, but if she had to pick… Oooooooooooooh…… If she…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@his-instrument Quoting from my email updates since your post disappeared…
Those are some good names…
Piper is cute, probably my favorite. The only thing is, I think Piper is a character in the Percy Jackson series (though I haven’t read it). Not sure how much popularity that series has right now, or what your goal is for this project, so it m…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey, I’m writing for a while. Anyone want to join me?
@seekjustice is usually here around this time, or anyone else?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Thank you! @mariposa Lol, the plot doesn’t really involve bacon, although “long live bacon” is the king of random thing Rori would love. *lowers voice* It’s still a weird plot. Talking plants and such. Weird. 😀 @catwing *whispers* Glad I’m not the only one with a favorite. 😉 *glancing furtively around at my other characters*
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Ranking Up? in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
I don’t believe I’ve ever officially said hi to you… so, hi @jenwriter17
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Burn the Castles (Story Synopsis/Back Cover copy–Would you read this?) in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@lightningmouse I love vigilantes, so it sounds really interesting to me. (I also love the name Rafe, but that is kind of irrelevant.) 🙂
The synopsis is a little long to put on the back of a book, though I have seen some pretty long book-back synopses. I can’t tell you about saying the same thing in fewer words because I have the tendency to u…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Burn the Castles (Story Synopsis/Back Cover copy–Would you read this?) in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@lightningmouse Mm-HMM 😀
What genre is it? The title sounds like fantasy, but the synopsis sounds like modern or something…
-
Joy replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Heheh, that’s funny 😀
That’s a good idea!
Okay, this isn’t exactly as funny as yours, but one time I was talking to my aunt about writing, using terms like plotting, themes and character arcs. I didn’t know, until she asked, that she had no idea what a “character arc” was. I had assumed everyone knew the answer XD
-
Alia replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
do you watch any of the historical ones? My favorite is Dae Janguem. its a romance about the first woman doctor to the king.
I’m not scared of you, just don’t think its safe to have two power hungry manipulative planners in close proximity. likely as not you’ll leave us all alone, but on the off chance that you two start a revolution…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy FINALLY SOMEONE WHO HAS SEEN STUDIO GHIBLI!!
Which ones have you seen? I have seen Spirited Away, Totoro, Ponyo, Laputa, The Cat Returns, Porco Rosso, From Up on Poppy Hill, Nausicaa, Kiki’s Delivery Service, The Wind Rises, and Arrietty. Laputa is my favorite.
What’s your favorite part of Spirited Away? I can’t pick a favorite part
-
Joy replied to the topic Little sentence at bottom of posts…….? in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
Go to your profile page
Click the button under your picture that says “Profile”

Click the “Edit” button

There is a box there that says “Forum Signature.”

Type your message there 🙂 (Can only be 100 or so characters long)
- Load More
