@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Aha! you’re a secret stalker. No worries, I do that too! Now you know that the enigmatic SeekJustice is actually Chelsea from An Ordinary Pen
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Yay! I’m glad!! I’m currently doing some characterisations for my novel and scanning pinterest for good models (it’s super hard to find thirty-year-old women on Pinterest!)
We’ve been discussing basing characters off real people and Jane Austen,
Oh and recognising actors by their chins….
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine *shamelessly butts in*
‘EYA! I shall join you on this fair night! (Er… or afternoon…….)
I’m working on the KPA — finally making progress!
What have you been talking about?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young So far what happens next is Uncle Bill takes Chara hiking. 🙂
Does that satisfy your need?
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 Isn’t that what this topic is about?! Yeah! Post it! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
fair enough! I’m glad you liked it!
😀 I like recognising actors too, it makes me feel like a real teenager. Unfortunately the actors I like aren’t very well-known, so it kind of spoils it, but oh well!
Those disclaimers make me laugh when they’re in the front of historical books with real people in them 😀
I think that I do do…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, just the Jane Austen post. I haven’t had time to read anything else yet…
Ha! I’m so proud of myself for recognizing his chin! 😀 I like being able to do things like that.
You’re doing characterization…I was just talking with @kaya-young about basing my characters off of real people. Do you ever do that? (Despite the dis…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young 😀 Okay…I’m doing my best.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Cool! I haven’t read the full excerpt yet, but I mean too!
The Jane Austen one? Thank you!
Um…haha, yes it is. I’d forgotten that was there. it was a collage for a story I wrote about a year ago, and it used to be super hard to post collages on here. Instead of turning up on the forum thread, it ended up as my background, so I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, I’m (kinda) working on my Western again.
I read your article and liked it. 🙂
I have to ask…Is that Grant Gustin (the Flash) on your profile page?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hello! I’m kind of just hanging around on the internet at the moment, but I really need to do some more characterisation!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Haloo! Anyone there?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh, Hooray! I finally got around the quirks in my gmail account and have a google document with the opening of my book!
So please read it and tell me if after reading this much you would keep reading. Or something like that.
Right now I’m not looking for grammar and editing issues, but just trying to make sure that it’s a good idea to c…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Hahaha! Love it! 🙂 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Haha! I definitely agree.
Here’s a question: Have you ever read those “disclaimers” in the front of books that say “This is not based on any real person, and any similarity to a real person is unintentional on the author’s part” or something like that? Do you think that is ever actually true? Because I totally base my characters of…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel *phew*. Agreed….
I probably have some old (probably better, actually) manga art stashed away somewhere…I might be able to post it..? (If anyone wants…)
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04Â Ohhhh, like that! Yes, manga is unique
-
Joy replied to the topic "The Canterbury Tales…" and Other Stuff by Chaucer in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughteroftheking Yes, I know what you mean! It has that Shakespearean sonnet feel to it 🙂
@jenwriter17Â Which Tales have you read (or partially read), do you know?
@sleepwalkingmk @aratrea Thanks! I will keep that in mind when I pick Chaucer back up again 🙂
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Thanks! Oh… sorry! Traditional manga reads right to left, top to bottom. Hope that helps!
I learned how to draw eyes from one of my friends. Wait, no. *grins* I actually learned manga from that friend! 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 Oh, that’s cool!! I’m having trouble figuring out the order of the panels, though. I like it! Especially the eyes 😀
- Load More
