@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â AUGH! Missed you!
I’m writing! Working on the KPA again 🙂
@seekjustice @rochellaine @jane-maree @winter-rose @who-knows…
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â *heart eyes* Those are AWESOME!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Haha, I’m currently telling my little brother a story about a good robber named Smith (who steals parts of walls, but not whole walls, because that would make him a bad robber) and a baby elephant and a heffalump. He just feeds details and I make up some crazy story to go with them. 😀 It’s exasperating but fairly fun.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, oh, *whimpers* I can’t tonight. I’d love to, but I’ve got to go now.
Have fun, and good writing!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Glad you liked it! Thanks for the suggestions. I really like Caleb, Tommy, and Peter.
@jenwriter17 Blueberries forever! 😀
Actually I like blueberries a lot, but they aren’t my favorite fruit by any means. I just was trying to come up with a quick story to tell my baby sister when she needed to be distracted, and out of my mo…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I could probably write a whole short story of author conversations 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston GAAH I’m late!! *waves fists at school*
Hello, and WELCOME TO THE BESTEST PLACE IN CYBERSPACE!
I LOVE your name! It’s creative and unique, yet simple. I love that 😀
So, what is your favorite book? Movie? TV show?
Les Miserables! I love that book! (But no spoilers — I’m only halfway through X) ) I love watching Cossette…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Aha! I did not see that, I’ll go check it out. To be fair, they weren’t introduced solely for the purpose of dying! Well….no, no they weren’t! They did not die in vain.
….
“Come to my side, Chessy, and let us explain and understand each other.”
“I will never again come to your side: I am torn away now, and cannot…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston I am romantic and practical at the same time – if that’s possible. 😀
I agree that relating with characters feels easier in realistic fiction. I feel like when I read fantasy, even if there is a wonderful character arc and the characters face problems that I should relate to, I say “Well, this is fantasy, so it can’t happen in…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, that’s a hilarious quote! I don’t know what it’s from, but it reminds me of Captain Kirk’s quote from Star Trek TOS where he says “What does God need with a starship?” to the alien who is pretending to be God to try to get them to give him their ship. 😀 I think I’ve also heard a similar quote somewhere else.
Come on, I gave y…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Haha! You should totally write author-character conversations and post/publish them along with your books.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I put a link to the Wikipedia article in my previous post. Redshirts on Star Trek became so famous that they became a trope. To be a redshirt means that you are brought onto the show for the sole purpose of dying. 🙂 Basically. Read the article Here.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
I don’t know what being a red-shirt in Star Trek means, but it doesn’t sound promising.
I feel that if I promised Chessy that I would never again kill anyone that she loved the conversation would proceed something like Jane Eyre’s conversation with Mr Rochester:
“Do you doubt me, Chessy?”
“Entirely.”
“You have no faith in…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hahaha! 😀 But sometimes I don’t like it, because I have such a fearful imagination that if the character gets hurt, if I am paying enough attention to the story that part of my body will actually start to hurt. I have several times had to stop reading to rub my “stubbed” toe or pinch the bridge of my nose to cure my “headache”.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
That was a super sweet story and I liked the moral: You can do anything you want, as long as you are willing to lick envelopes”.
Some possible names:
Caleb–means faithful and that seems a pretty good sum up of his character.
I feel that a quaint simple sort of name fits him and the story well, something like Edward, Peter, John,…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 *hands you a handkerchief* Thank you! I feel so sorry for @seekjustice‘s characters. I believe to be a character in Seekjustice’s book promises about as sure a death as to be a RedShirt on Star Trek, TOS. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Those are great suggestions! I really like the thought that some people might get irritated with her needing them to be with her all the time.
Her aunt and uncle actually don’t live on a ranch. They live in a house in the middle of the city. (Las Vegas). They are medium strong Christians, and very laid-back. They either don’t have chi…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone! I have a children’s picture book I’m planning to publish around the end of this month or the beginning of next month. (I am currently working with an illustrator.) But though the story is complete, I didn’t pick a name for the protagonist, and I think it would be a smoother read if he had a name.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 You know you’re a bookworm when you get so engrossed in a book that when a character shrugs, you shrug, and when a character bangs his head, you get a headache.
You know you’re a bookworm if when you were twelve if you were reading your mom had to physically shake you before you could hear her talking. (I trained myself out of that…[Read more]
- Load More
