@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder I really liked it! The description felt very real, and the voices of the characters were good.
A couple of things: One, you switched POVs a couple of times during the course of the story, and it was hard to keep up. I think you should at least put a double paragraph break in between so it’s obvious you’re starting a new section, or…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong If you haven’t realized it, I love recommending books, especially these, since I hardly ever find anyone who has read them. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong What genres are your favorites? There are some girls’ adventure books, boys’ adventure books, (usually more exciting than the girls books), WWI stories, Westerns, romances, “just living” stories where the characters have to face normal difficulties in everyday lives – sort of like G.L.Hill, mysteries, sci-fi(all the new…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine FREE IS VERY GOOD. Yes, recommendations would be nice. Thank you very much! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Well, if you have a kindle, you can get hundreds of books from that period that are now out of print and in public domain – and therefore, free.
There are a lot of really great books written back then, because even when the authors weren’t firm Christians like Grace Livingston Hill, there was the common morality of society back…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I’ve read A Voice In The Wilderness and The Enchanted Barn by her, and I’ve read those 7 times each I love them so much. Her love stories are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
I don’t really know if I’ve read any books written then. I don’t really check, buut I have a suspicion I’ve mostly read books written in the last ten or twenty years.…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
Ignore me, I’m conducting a test post
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Maaaaaaaaaaybe……
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder KPA again. I’m getting to a part about Jane the Pizza Ninja. It’s not helping that I’m starving XD
What genre is Clouded Fury?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong You read Grace Livingston Hill?!! She’s one of the only two book authors I have listed in the favorites section of my profile! All her books are wonderful! Yes, I’ve read that one. I really like books written in in the 1910s-1930s. Have you read any other authors from that period?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Eyy! What are you working on?
-
Joy replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong I was just on your Ember doc and…
…during the reign of King West and Queen Alia.”
Like that? 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder @rochellaine @clairec @aislinn-mollisong
The Beast is back!! Hi, guys! I’m writing
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine that sounds awesome! Have you read A Voice In The Wilderness by…uh…hold on. *looks at book on Kindle* Grace Livingston Hill? I LOVE that book!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Hi!
@aislinn-mollisong Yes, it’s the one with the snake. 😀 But the snake isn’t really part of the plot, just part of the story. I’m trying to make it like the old westerns except set in modern times. It’s about a girl who goes out west to visit her uncle and aunt. They actually live in the city, but she meets some young peop…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I can’t bring myself to skip. IT GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING IN ME! I must write linearly, for some strange reason. *shrugs* What’s the plot of your western? Is it the one with the snake?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong I am just at that place in my western, too! It’s awful. Right now I’m doing a little bit of outlining, and I might just skip the hard part and write the next part, then come back to it later.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Still working on Embers Burning, (as it’s still my only major project) and I haven’t gotten far. I’ve sort of worked myself into a corner, as it were, because I know what needs to happen LATER, but I need to get past what’s happening NOW, and what’s happening now is rather tricky, yet important. (That statement is basically the last…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hey! @aislinn-mollisong I’m working on my western, and chatting with @clairec about how – contrary to what most people here think – fantasy isn’t the only genre out there. 😀
What are you doing?
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec @rochellaine @dekreel @catwing @anyoneelse
Aislinn here! Wotcha doin’? I’m writing.
- Load More
