@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I’m still here if anyone else wants to stop by…
@seekjustice @rochellaine @clairec @ariella-newheart @anyone
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999Â That’s so cool!! Did you get to look at the books?
Thanks! Seeya later 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Best Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I love simplistic covers, like this one:

This is the cover for the edition that I own, and I really like how simple it is, but how pretty.
@sam-kowal this was the cover for the edition of Steelheart I read, and I think it’s super cool

This one is nice too, simplistic, but mysterious and reflecting the feel of the book:

And…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999Â Make sense! It is kind of tricky. I like haikus because they’re fun and fairly easy to compose.
Ummm… Sometimes I might glance through Snapper’s LOKD, but otherwise I just go by what I know, and what other Kapeefers tell me about themselves. It’s pretty easy X)
Have you ever heard of the ship Logos Hope?
-
Joy replied to the topic Best Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mnvalentine I like the cover for Catcher in the Rye 🙂

-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999Â Hi!! I’m writing the KPA again
Oooh, I love haikus! Have a collection of them myself. Had you ever written haikus before?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine @supermonkey42 @aislinn-mollisong @dragon-snapper @catwing @winter-rose @jenwriter17 @warrenluther04 @anyone
I’m writing!
*crosses fingers* I’d better make progress…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men.
Proverbs 22:29
I read that Proverb in my quiet time this morning and it really stuck out to me :D. Those who are skilled, work hard and diligently will stand before kings…that’s pretty amazing, though I don’t think it always…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I’m so sorry that you have to go through this! it’s happened to me before, and it’s horrible. I have to say though, I tend to have the opposite problem…I compare everyone else’s writing/whatever it is to my own and I get really arrogant. So…we all have our flaws.
But seriously, God made you to love writing! he maybe didn’t make you…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@igridrd AAAAAAGH ITS PERFECT!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
@dekreel You can draw her too! I’d love to see what you think she looks like.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Thank you, @warrioroftherealm! That’s really helpful!
(Confession: I am “fascinated with swords” [see signature] but am actually rather a noob at swordfighting.)
-
Joy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Wow. Guys, I am literally tearing up X’)
God doesn’t make mistakes.
So true. It’s easy to take for granted how we’re all masterpieces. Thank you for the reminder!
As I was reading your reply, I started praying “Thy will be done.” I shouldn’t expect myself to be something. Who says God will make everything “r…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel First of all *Bear hugs*Â -oh wait maybe I should have given you a wolf hug.. uh anyway
I just want to echo what everyone els has said and tell you you aren’t alone.
Even before I joined kp I’ve compared myself (a lot) to people who I perceive to be better then me. Writing is no exception. I compare myself to my older sister who is the [Read more] -
NC Stokes replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel *kindly refrains from ‘petting’ you* God has given you the amazing talent of writing, and what you do with it is between you and Him. No one else. Someone else’s standard of getting published, writing the deepest and most profound character arc ever to grace paper, or writing 58,231.2 words in a day isn’t your problem. No one should look…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Yes, you are. @ethryndal
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I’m probably going to regret telling you that…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Noted. @ethryndal
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Sadly, that is also true. 😂 Though I’m not sure if you people have realized yet that you’re actually fueling aforesaid heartlessness… There is nothing more rewarding for an INTJ than being noted for their stone-faced psychopathic heartlessness. We take immense pride in it.
If you really want to annoy us, call us cuddly…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Off of the amusement we get by teasing INTJs for their heartlessness. @ethryndal
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@Dekreel *buries her non-poetic head in pillow and groans* I’m working on it… 😛
- Load More
