@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, I tried that with my dystopian novel and ended up even more confused…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Oh, and I kind of feel like adding that signature someone (I don’t remember who) has which says something like “Feel free to disregard any and all writing advice. It’s mostly just my opinion anyway.” 😀 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Usually when I get to a part in my story like that I skip ahead to the part where I know what’s going to happen, just putting a couple of bold lines of text where I skipped, such as
“(Now Jack falls down the cliff)”
And then write about how they try to rescue him. Usually by the time I write a little farther ahead I get an idea of what…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, ooh, that sounds good
do you have any advice on how to get a story flowing? my MC is about to go join this rebellion, but I can’t seem to figure out how he should get there.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Oh, that makes sense. 🙂
My story is about a girl singer in the 50s who believes that because of the bad reputation attached to those of her occupation no one will ever want to associate with her or care about her.
-
Joy replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 6 months ago
@lady-iliara BRAVA! 😀
Wait… I’m the only one you tagged who isn’t Aethasian… 0.0 (Not that there’s anything wrong with that 😉 )
Now, tag someone else and give them a topic 😉
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, usually the first thing people think of when they hear fantasy is mythical creatures. But this has only humans. so to try and clear up that thought ahead of time I have dubbed it the kinda sorta fantasy novel.
whats your short story about?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@emerald-flyer I completely forgot to answer you! 😮 Yes. That would actually be a very interesting (and freaky) way to learn new languages.
Why don’t you check out Adora’s freewrite of that prompt? It’s really cool, and kind of mentions the same type of idea as you had. 🙂  (The link’s in one of the above posts.)
-
Lady Iliara replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariella-newheart HOLD UP hold up! Wasn’t I the cook for the Aethasian Community (or whatever wacky name we ended up calling it)? I thought we agreed I could make quesadillas for everyone. 😛😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia A “kinda sorta fantasy” book? Hmm. 😀
I’m popping back and forth between trying to design a website and trying to write a short story. (Both of which have been partly finished for way too long. 🙂 )
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, I’m trying to finish up chapter 3, and hopefully 4, of my kinda sorta fantasy book.
what are you working on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Yes I am! 😀
Hello! What are you working on?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice, I’m here for a bit…and you’re gone
@rochellaine, you still here?
-
Lady Iliara replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariella-newheart You sneaky-sneak…😛
*rubs hands* Rhyming nonsense poems are my specialty, so BEWAREEE MWAHAHA!!!
The Steampunk Cat
You want to me write a poem, you do?
Well beware of the One-Man Writerly Zoo!
You honestly think that you gave me a challenge?
I’m an expert at this, nay I don’t even cringe!
So before I write this epic adv…[Read more] -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Ye maun, but then agin, ye maun not. I’ll dae my best ta be back by the nicht.
😀
Tag me and see!
-
Joy replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17Â I LOVE this idea!! *waits patiently for someone to give me a picture*
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Encouragement Thread in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel *blushes* Thanks! I try not to be a pessimist, so…*drumroll* MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 😀
Tagging @allison-grace for being such a Star Wars Rebels nerd that I can geek out with! Thanks!
@jenwriter17 It’s fine. I take even longer sometimes! Homework….*shivers* *growls at the thought of homework* ;D
Life does that a lot…. 😀 Thanks…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I did one of the Story Tags, but unfortunately I have to go again, I’ll be back around 4 though, my usual time. So I might see you then?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Okay….I think this is #3 of story #1, so…
Well, thought Victor, frowning at his flashing rainbow hand. This is a setback. Maybe it explains why no one ever comes into the Pathless Forest and comes out again. He looked again at his rainbow hand, and then noticed with a mild curiosity that it had begun to creep up his arm. This concerned him s…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’m around, and I’m also…kind of writing. 😀
- Load More
