@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
<p style=”text-align: center;”></p>
@rochellaine. Well, sometimes my cousins call me Sylvester, so maybe you are calling me.;) -
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine I think dragons might still exist some places on the earth, and I do believe that there used to be lots of them. But dragons are viewed kind of like unicorns are. Maybe there were unicorns as well? 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira But, if you like, you could just imagine that I go around yelling “Sylvester – Sylvester!” all the time. 😀 😀 😀 Maybe I know someone named Sylvester and he’s missing? So I call him all the time, but he never answers.
Which explanation do you prefer?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Actually I read your post in my email and didn’t even see the italics before answering. 😀 The way the line is structured puts the most emphasis on the second syllable, while the fourth and sixth syllables have a little less emphasis and the eight syllable has the least emphasis besides the non-accented syllables in between. (At l…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, I just put the italics there to let you know what the difference was. So really I meant it would look like this:
“When it threw fearsome flames at me.”
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel I don’t know…putting that much emphasis on “it” doesn’t sound quite right, do you think? The second syllable in that line is the one with the most emphasis in the entire line, so I’d feel strange putting all the force on an ambiguous word like “it.”
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira Yeah. The thing is, I actually believe dragons are real. 😀 But I do understand they’re looked upon as fantasy creatures. As I said before, I was intending it to be a comic poem, but accidentally made it serious, so that’s probably what the problem with that is.
*giggles* Um, that’s a quote from one of my favorite books. It’s…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Well done!! I love the parable you used! 😀
The one thing I would change is instead of “When fearsome flames it threw at me,” I would say, “When it threw fearsome flames at me.” Unless you want it to be elegant, in which case feel free to ignore that suggestion 😉
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine By the way, what is with “Sylvester!” if you dont mind me asking?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Maybe if its a serious poem, use a fear of something that isnt as fantasized as dragons are. If its a comical poem, then use whatever imaginary creatures you can find. Even still, I love it! Its an awesome poem. Dont take my advice because I said so, because I still have tons to learn!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Oops. I spelled force like forse. Sorry about that. Sorry its such a lousy part, but I wasnt sure what else to write.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
“Where do you think your going?” Akira asks, pushing me back onto the bed. Tears begin to form in my eyes. I pull myself up again with trembling hands and forse my eyes to focus. “The Ravine.”
Akira’s blond head shakes back and forth. “Are you out of your mind?”
“Please!”
“No. You can’t. Just look at yourself! I know you want to get it,…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira @sam-kowal Haha! Guess I can’t escape from my comical side in poem writing. 😀 Part of the reason might be it was originally intended to be a comical explanation of why I believe in real dragons, but then I turned the dragons into figurative beasts and so thought I changed it to serious.
Thanks! Glad you liked it!
But does no o…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ethryndal Oh my. But now I’m wondering…was it Freda who was in a dream all along? And it’s really Bessy that has to rescue her? Was she dreaming a “dream within a dream?”
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy And HOW, pray tell, do you expect me to pick up the pieces after THAT masterpiece of an epic??? Good grief, child, that was incredible.
Story #2, part nine
Mr. Shelind said nothing as he rose to tower above Freda, his eyes glowing with that unearthly orange. He took a step forward, his figure warping as fear spiked in Freda’s h…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Introducing Myself in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal. Dear Stan, most eloquent of dragons, I give thee thanks from the depths of my heart for the warm greeting bestowed upon me! I am indeed grateful for the hearty welcomes of the kapeefers and excited to be here among such talented writers and creautures! You are the first dragon I have ever heard of that has a taste for raspberries, …[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
would your character rather travel in time, but only to the future, never backwards, or be able to go back in time but only to one spot in time.
-
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Between periods of unconsciousness, I hear mumbling voices above me, including my brother’s voice. I feel warmth from the bathing water and from the fire, which I hear crackling to my left.
I must be back at Fren’s hideout. I think dimly. How did I get here? I open my eyes to see my brother’s snarling face.
“You made it, course you did. You alw…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong, since I’m only three chapters into his book, i think its safe to say that what I’m about to tell you is 80% going to change later.
Jycin is a weaver in his village until he is chosen to become a priest, the most hated and feared group in the land. he is given three days to say goodbye to his two year old daughter and get…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
- Load More
