@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
*looks guilty* Sorry…
Its probably the sort of thing I’d say if I got flustered when introducing myself, which happens all the time.
Here you either introduce yourself by your nickname (Hey, I’m Steve or Phil or Tom) if you got a name like that. I usually don’t introduce myself by my nickname (Chel) but that’s what I get called…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 It’s past midnight, and you’re very tired, and so am I, but I think you forgot to give @warrenluther04 a picture prompt, so how is he going to write a sentence? All you did was tag him…
😀 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Stop making me laugh! You’re going to wake up my sisters! Then how will I explain to my mom that it was really someone on the other side of the ocean who woke them up?
Actually…yes. I’ve heard the phrase “Hey, I’m me!” a couple of times, I believe. I will admit it’s not common practice. But now that I think of it, prob…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Where you come from, do you introduce yourself as “Hey, I’m me!”? I should think not 😛
*quickly hides any evidence of ever talking to herself*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Would a self-respecting Australian call himself anything? Where I come from talking to yourself is considered reasonable cause for being required to see a psychiatrist.
@dekreel Sorry. You can’t expect little boys to become used to your unusual physique immediately. I know what I’ll do! I’ll tell him that if you’re not nice I’ll…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine Okay, I gotta scat. Good night! (Or afternoon)
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Wha?! He must be really scared then, because I
*gingerly shook Bobert’s hand*
I am being as gentle as a lamb!
*realizes she’s yelling, so she might be scaring Bobert* *sighs frustratedly*
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Robbit the Hobbit. X’D Actually it sounds like a frog.
“Ribbit, ribbited Robbit.”
Frog…… *lightbulb…*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
For starters, no self respecting Australian named Robert would actually call himself Robert. It’s either Rob or Bob, but never Robert. So there, the problem is solved.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel *hugs Bobert as he backs away from your wolfish face* He’s only a little boy, and you frightened him! Please be gentle and sweet so he can get to know you.
@seekjustice Ribbit, Ribbit! I object to one of my favorite names sounding like the croak of a frog! Why would they use the letter “r” if they weren’t expecting you to pronounce it?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
It’s a well known fact that Robert is actually pronounced “Robbit”.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine *smirks* *gingerly shakes Bobert’s hand*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Do stick him in the KPA! Maybe I could have an imaginary friend named Bobert? 😀 *invents imaginary friend named Bobert* *smiles benignly at said friend* *introduces you to friend and warns you not to scratch him when you shake hands*
@seekjustice *rises up with all the knowledge and understanding of a structural poet* Bobert and…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I love the way A.A. Milne does that, I just like reading it to so much. “Pooh was a Bear Of Very Little Brain. And Piglet was A Very Small Animal. I just finished reading the original stories to my little brother and we both loved it!
I can just imagine Bobert being a hobbit. and that’s funny because it rhymes too.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine *starts brainstorming ways to stick “Bobert” in KPA…*
I… don’t know if that’s a word! o o
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, I’m glad you liked it. 😀 I think it must have been influenced by A. A. Milne since random verbs and nouns are capitalized.
@dekreel Since I wrote a story about Billiam, why don’t you write a story about Bobert? 😀
I’m actually much prouder of my kids series than of my novel.  Wait, is prouder a word? It seems like it sho…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Love the dialogue 😀
Bobert X’D
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine @anyone-else…
I’m BACK! For now…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I think I am flattered. And I know, for someone who continually calls her characters her children, I am a terrible mother.
That snippet is actually so funny!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice You have just confirmed my belief that your characters should revolt. 😀
*giggles*Â If you bought a new shirt every time you killed a character, KP would run itself on the revenue collected from your money alone!
@dekreel too: I’m going through my old books to write descriptions of them for my website, and came across an a…[Read more]
- Load More
