@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Coming right up XD
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Each to her own, I suppose. I haven’t listened to West Side Story yet, but I am slightly worried about it, because I despise Shakespeare, particularly Romeo and Juliet, so I’m not sure how I’ll like a musical retelling of it.
I guess that’s something.
I’ve actually edited a whole chapter of my novella!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice And I’m just the opposite. 😀 I would probably love Newsies and Phantom if they were done by singers from the 60s.
And that’s why you might like West Side Story, since it’s about fighting, and the songs are more modern.
Sierra Boggess is on the better side of modern singers, at least. 🙂
How’s your work going? I have actua…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Would this be wierd? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@filewriterbase13x That sounds like a cool addition to your story! Just as long as the readers know you’ve switched, and it doesn’t feel like it was just thrown in.
I also enjoy writing from the POV of my (kind of unhinged!) villain. *laughs manically*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ah, I see. I would probably prefer The Sound of Music and other musicals like that if they were more modern. For some reason, I’ve always really liked The Sound of Music (probably because I really like war stories), but I can’t stand the songs in it. They’re annoying. I’m sorry.
Don’t like Sierra Boggess? oh dear.
Okay.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I actually listen to hardly any modern music, including musicals. I just started listening to them because you’ve been recommending them to me. 🙂 I don’t know the names of hardly anyone, and what I mean when I say I’ve listened to a lot of modern singers is that I’ve listened to/seen new versions of The Sound of Music or other su…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I was actually referring to the fact that she said she’d see us all next week.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Sierra Boggess, who’s in the 25th Anniversary of Phantom is my favourite one.
Fair enough, there’s a lot of modern singers I don’t like either. In fact, I hardly ever listen to anything but musicals, like I’ve already said, just because I don’t like pop music or singers. Have you ever heard of Nick Jonas? I believe he’s one of those…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Well, it is technically nearly 10:00 p.m. where @alia lives, and not everyone in America is such a nightowl as myself and @dekreel 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’ve only listened to a couple, so let me listen to a few more and get back to you on that. 🙂 But I have listened to a lot of modern girl singers, and I really haven’t found more than one or two (only one that I can name at present, besides whoever plays Anastasia,) that I like. The singing style has changed since the 30s-70s, an…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Newsies is AWESOME. Let me just make that clear. I have the biggest fictional crush on Davey. I was just saying that Anastasia is AWESOMER. That’s all. Please don’t eat me.
I am currently listening to My Petersburg!
Bye! (What, are you going away?)
-
Hannah R. started the topic Powerful Quotes about Writing from The Princess Bride in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 6 months ago
Hey everyone,
Some of you know, I started a blog about eight months ago. I’ve been trying to periodically create funny posts for writers. My last one, “The Life of a Writer, as told by Disney characters,” is unfortunately no longer working– all the GIFS have mysteriously turned into tiny blue and green squares, which makes very little sense to…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder, thats its evil plan. to draw you in with its cute looks. see ya
@seekjustice, you too? what is wrong with y’all? Newsies is obviously the best Broadway show ever.
I love them all, but My Petersburg is my favorite.
@rochellaine, intersting. I hate every single christine as well.
well, I’m signing off now. see y’all next week
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Surely out of all the hundreds of girls who’ve played Christine, there’s one you like?
The Neva Flows Reprise is awesome, it was the first one I fell in love with too!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia I’m very picky about types of voices and musical arrangements, so though I like a few of the songs from Newsies, most of them don’t impress me as very beautifully done. My favorite from that would be King of New York because the song’s style works well with the uncultured style of the voices the singers use.
I dislike Phantom for the sam…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia How can I choose just one?? I love them all! (I’m listening to it now too). I guess In My Dreams and The Neva Flows would be my favourites. But seriously, there are none that I hate!
@rochellaine I definitely agree that I like it better than Newsies and maybe Phantom too, I’ve never decided.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, which is your favorite song?
…did you just say its better than Newsies???? Nothing, and I mean nothing is better than Newsies. How could you?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder, that is one of the examples proving that cats are evil…
its coming, sorta. I can’t figure out how to end the paragraphs, so they’re all open right now. which wont get me a good grade…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia @seekjustice Both, actually. Right now it’s the Broadway version, though.
I love it!!! Way better than Newsies or Phantom.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder, what are you working on?
- Load More
