The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 416 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@alia  Coming right up XD

You can pronounce it however you want.

Joy
      @dekreel

Another one of my favorite parts. For good reason. Mwehehehhh…

The GIF-Hiders: An Easter Story

Part Nine: Disbelief

“Halt!!” barked another new voice. “Halt in the name of the law!”

Jenna pulled her palms from her eyes, and peeked at the troll, who, much to her relief, hadn’t squashed Valentine. His foot was in mid air, and Valentine was already up a tree.

The woman who had spoken was pointing a futuristic gun at the troll. She was wearing a traditional police officer’s uniform, except with a dark brown skirt.

The troll raised his rough eyebrows. “MORFNURFOGGARG!” (“‘What law?’” translated Catwing.)

The woman replied with a clear authoritative voice, “Why, the law of the Realitization Squad!”

The sound of Dekreel gasping was heard in the tree, followed by sudden rustling noises.

The troll grunted, turned around, and poised his fists toward the tree trunk.

“Don’t do that! Or I’ll won’t make your disbelief easy!”

“MOROF?” (“‘What?’”)

“Who are you?” Jenna ventured to ask. She found herself stepping into the light of a lantern, which had been hung on a low branch.

The woman took one hand off her gun, still aimed at the troll, and took out a badge from her pocket with the other hand. “I am Rochellaine: sheriff and founder of the Realitization Squad!” She held up the badge for Jenna to see.

“The what?!” Catwing raised her fur a little and crept back.

“Ahh, don’t worry; I won’t disbelief you for now. Although, a cat with wings…”

Catwing hissed.

“MORFAKLAREFLUP!” (“‘What do you want with me?’” translated Catwing, between suspicious glares at Rochellaine.)

Rochellaine glared daggers at the troll and steadied her blaster. “If you don’t cooperate, I’m going to disbelief you. Disbelief you for scaring my fellow KeePers, and disrupting the GIF-hiding party. Also, you’re technically not real.”

“MORROF??!” (“‘What?!’”)

“It’s true! There’s no such thing as trolls, really,” she said breezily. Then she turned her threatening voice back on. “That was a mere warning. Let her down, or you’ll get more!”

“BLAARG!” (“‘No!’”)

Rochellaine sighed. “Why am I even speaking to you? You imaginary thing? I can see right through you. You’re hardly real. You can’t be! Not in this universe, at least. Go back to the books, you non-existent troll.”

“R-ROFFLOFFNOVDEWODUX!” Stuttered the troll, clearly afraid. (“‘Wait, don’t! I’m real! Look!’” Catwing translated with a devious smirk.)

Jenna felt a tinge of laughter and a tinge of sadness rise in her chest at the same time as she listened to the poor thing.

Rochellaine grinned and cocked the blaster. “Back to the books, you go!” she declared again.

“BLAARAPARFULOONWIQUAP!” (“‘No, wait! I’ll help you hide the GIFs!’”)

Rochellaine loosened her finger from the trigger and looked at the creature dubiously.

“RIFFREEPHEVOODA!” (“‘I will! I promise!”)

She glanced around at the hiders for a moment. “Are you sure?”

“VENKK.” (“‘Yes.’”)

Jane shrugged, “Might as well let him go.”

“RUMILRARAPLORP!” (“‘But only if you give me pie!’”) the troll added.

“You have to be kidding…” mumbled Jenna.

Rochellaine raised an eyebrow Spock-ishly.

Catwing smirked in amusement at her latest translation. “Pie? Fine, I’ll give you pie!” She produced a fresh pie, which was still warm, from under her wing, and held it out to the troll-thing.

And how on earth… Jenna thought as she squinted at Catwing’s wing, There must be a TARDIS under there, or something. She smirked at the thought.

When she looked back at the troll, the pie was already long gone. Juicy bits of blackberry trickled down his jaw. He groaned with delight and satisfaction.

Rochellaine, not taking her eyes off the troll, lowered her gun and took her finger off the trigger. “You’ve had your pie. Now, I want you to behave yourself, and let Dekreel come down. Got it?”

“VENKKZZU.” (“‘Yes, ma’am.’”) The troll stepped away from the tree, and, to Rochellaine’s bewilderment, bowed.

“It seems,” Jane said with a grin, “You are an Overlord.”

Valentine giggled from a tree trunk.

The bewilderment on Rochellaine’s face grew more intense. “Alllll right… Troll, come help us hide GIFs.” She sheathed her Disbelief gun hesitantly.

Meanwhile, Jenna was squinting at the whole scene. What a weird turn of events.

Skredder, Valentine, Catwing, Jane, Rochellaine and the troll all approached the cart.

Jenna blinked. “Wait, where’s Dekreel?”

“Ohhh…” Catwing widened her eyes, looked back at the tree, then took off and started calling, “Dekreel! It’s okay to come down now!”

Jenna followed Catwing. “Are you up there?!”

A pause, and then Dekreel’s voice: “Are… are you sure it’s safe?”

“Yes!” replied Catwing, “Rochellaine has control over the troll now; you can come down.”

“I’m not worried about the troll.”

“Wh— Then what are you worried about?”

Another pause.

“… Rochellaine.” Came the reply.

“Rochellaine?” Jenna piped in, “But she just saved you!”

“Yes, but what if she disbeliefs me?”

“What do you mean?” Jenna asked.

“You know, whisk me off into the realm of fantasy because she doesn’t believe in Chasm Beasts, or something. She’s disbeliefed me before.”

“What?!” Catwing and Jenna exclaimed in unison.

“Yep.” At this point, Dekreel was working her way down the trunk. “Well, she didn’t exactly whisk me away, but… She changed me. It was another form of disbeliefing. She has some uncanny willpower. Anyways, we were talking, and she brought up that I was technically a wolf, which of course, I’m not. By no means.” She made it to the ground and glared a quick warning at Jenna and Catwing. “Anyway, I insisted that I wasn’t a wolf, and she insisted that I was… Then sometime after the conversation, I was passing by a mirror, and do you know what I saw?”

Jenna shook her head, although she had a vague idea.

“I saw… a wolf’s tail!” exclaimed Dekreel with a scandalized look on her face. “Oh, was I ever horrified.”

“It was a joke!” called Rochellaine as she hid a Pixar GIF in a hole in a tree.

“Says the Sheriff of the R.S.!”

“If it hadn’t been a joke, you would be in some fantastic place right now!”

“It was still scandalous!”

“At least the effect was temporary!”

Dekreel sighed and shook her head as she made her way to the cart

“So,” Jenna turned to Rochellaine. “Where exactly would you send something that you didn’t believe in?”

“The books, basically. The ‘fiction realm.’ Like… Middle Earth, or Aerwiar.”

“Middle Earth and Aerwiar are real places, you know?” squeaked Valentine.

“Oh, really?” the woman raised an eyebrow. “I don’t think so.”

“BONBERPLOINDREYX!” (To which Catwing translated, “‘It’s true! My uncle is a Glaggish troll from Aerwiar!’”)

“Humph! That’s just as credible as you are!”

“And my friend Anne is from Lothlorien – Middle Earth!” Jane remarked with a friendly yet slightly triumphant smile.

“Guys, come on!” Skredder pleaded, “We’re here to hide GIFs and have fun, not to bicker!”

Valentine nodded.

“Yeah,” Dekreel sighed, “I can’t stand fights.”

“Me neither,” continued Skredder, “And besides, the troll is currently the only one doing the work right now!”

“HAODODNENFOOG.” (“‘Hey, I’m just obeying my Lady.’”)

Rochellaine gave a quiet sigh. “Yes, you’re right. Sorry, everyone.”

“How about we debate it later?” Jane said with a smirk, “Over pizza!”

“Sure thing!” Rochellaine laughed.

Footnote: The wolf dispute is a mostly-true story 😉

Starring Jenna, @catwing, @jane-maree, @skredder, @mnvalentine, @rochellaine, and the “glowing-eyed dog.”

@dragon-snapper
          @seekjustice  @perfectfiths  @alia  @ingridrd  @daeus  @warrneluther04  @supermonkey42  @sam-kowal  @daughteroftheking  @ariella-newheart  @aislinn-mollisong  @kate-flournoy  @ethryndal  @everyone…

Joy
        @dekreel

Failed tags:  @perfectfifths  @warrenluther04

Heya! I posted a new part of the KPA 😉

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine
            • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel *screams* *doubles over in laughter* Oh my goodness!  What have you done to me? 😀

Do you know I actually have no idea what Aerwiar is? *hides before you scratch me*

Ohhh, wait!  I think I do remember hearing about it.  Isn’t it from the (can’t remember the name…Wingfeather? something like that?)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
            @dekreel

@rochellaine  Ahhhh, I won’t scratch you. However, I’m going to scream at you:

READ THE WINGFEATHER SAGA RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

Okay, I’m done. 😉

Oh wait, you don’t read fantasy… *scratches wall*

Congratulations, you have been elected to be sheriff of the R.S. Well, okay, technically you founded it…

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@dekreel If there’s no magic in them, and I don’t think there is from what I’ve heard, I might read them. 🙂  Just give me time.

I love my character!  Except, I would never have allowed that Troll to stay.  I would have disbeliefed him right away, and he wouldn’t have even gotten a chance to explain.  😀

Poor Dekreel!  Was I really so mean as to disbelieve your tail into an ugly, bushy mass of hair?  Ah, well.  You like me anyway, don’t you?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SleepwalkingMK
                @sleepwalkingmk
                  • Total Posts: 179

@dekreel @rochellaine HAHA this was hilarious. Again. And I feel like I saw the conversation about Dekreel’s title  XD Though I can’t remember where.

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Joy
                  @dekreel

@rochellaine  … Um… yeah, actually there is magic in them. Just not the Harry Potter kind of magic…

Well that would have been morbid for a story like this 😉

Yes, I still like you, if not slightly nervous 😉

@sleepwalkingmk
                      It was actually in my cousin’s introduction topic. XD Shall I shoot you a link?

Grace H.
                    @gh24682468999
                      • Total Posts: 199

@dekreel These are just more and more hilarious xD The troll’s language looks super random and somehow somewhat cohesive 🙂 Is it based on anything, or did you just make it up?

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                      literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Ingrid
                      @ingridrd
                        • Total Posts: 830

@dekreel  Hahahaha!  This is great.  Thanks for tagging meeeee…!  🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Ben Powell
                        @supermonkey42
                          • Total Posts: 273

@dekreel The fact that you are able to come up with such interesting and different characters from a group of young writers on a forum is, really, quite remarkable. 😀

@rochellaine
                          So, droids are real…right? *Hopes you don’t disbelief me*

A Kapeefer for life!
                          Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Skredder
                          @skredder
                            • Total Posts: 527

@dekreel Haha! Yes! That poor troll!! 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

The fledgling Artist
                            @notawriter
                              • Total Posts: 328

@dekreel That’s really creative how you used Rochellaine, yet it works perfectly! 😀 Good job on the latest installment.

and I was so confused

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@dekreel I insist that disbeliefing someone is not morbid!  If they’re not real in the first place, how does it hurt to make them disappear from tangible sight?  I can only disbelief things that aren’t real, since disbeliefing is a factor of the imagination.

@supermonkey42
                                Well no, “sentient” droids aren’t real, but you don’t act like a droid. 🙂  The only time you wheel around and beep is in stories, and you have absolutely no droid characteristics on the forum.  In fact, you had no intention of being a droid until someone mentioned that they would use you as such in a story because of your profile picture. (I don’t remember who, but I remember reading that discussion.)  So, no.   I don’t see any reason to disbelief you. 😀

See, the problem with Dekreel is that she constantly insists she is not human, and has strange wolf-like mannerisms, such as growling and scratching walls.  I believe you are human when talking with you, but Dekreel doesn’t give quite that impression. *winks at Dekreel*

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                                @dekreel

@rochellaine  Yes, I suppose not…

@gh24682468999
                                    I just made up a language of gibberish 😉

@ingridrd
                                    Thanks! Yes, I remembered…

@supermonkey42
                                    Thank you! I think I can say the same of other KP literature as well, actually.

@skredder
                                    At least Rochellaine spared him! Even though, apparently, that’s a little implausible…’

@notawriter
                                    Thank you!! I thought she’d like it

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 416 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >