@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Whooo!!!! That’s so EXCITING!!!!
Well, I can see your dilemma. I think you cut quite a regal and authoritative figure though.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, but that’s the problem. 😀 Don’t get me wrong, it’s hilarious. My problem is that I was just about to announce the opening of my website, (*waves arms around with glee* did you hear that? I have a website!!!) and now I’m afraid to do so on account of the fact that I will be present in everyone’s minds as a comical disbe…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Yeah sorry. I’m still here I just got distracted reading @dekreel ‘s KPA.
Uh oh. *glances around nervously*. Okay, I’m ready.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Are you still here? I have a mild little problem to discuss…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel If there’s no magic in them, and I don’t think there is from what I’ve heard, I might read them. 🙂 Just give me time.
I love my character! Except, I would never have allowed that Troll to stay. I would have disbeliefed him right away, and he wouldn’t have even gotten a chance to explain. 😀
Poor Dekreel! Was I really so mean as t…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Ahhhh, I won’t scratch you. However, I’m going to scream at you:
READ THE WINGFEATHER SAGA RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!
Okay, I’m done. 😉
Oh wait, you don’t read fantasy… *scratches wall*
Congratulations, you have been elected to be sheriff of the R.S. Well, okay, technically you founded it…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I think part of the point of Romeo and Juliet was that they were too young to know what they were getting into, and too idealistic because of their young age. Do you agree?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel *screams* *doubles over in laughter* Oh my goodness! What have you done to me? 😀
Do you know I actually have no idea what Aerwiar is? *hides before you scratch me*
Ohhh, wait! I think I do remember hearing about it. Isn’t it from the (can’t remember the name…Wingfeather? something like that?)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I just looked up the average age for marriage in Elizabethan England and boys were legally allowed to marry at 14 and girls at 12 but boys usually got married at around 21. I imagine girls would have been younger, but thirteen seems a bit excessive. And since the woman’s main task was to have children it does seem strange…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Failed tags: @perfectfifths @warrenluther04
Heya! I posted a new part of the KPA 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Another one of my favorite parts. For good reason. Mwehehehhh…
The GIF-Hiders: An Easter Story
Part Nine: Disbelief
“Halt!!” barked another new voice. “Halt in the name of the law!”
Jenna pulled her palms from her eyes, and peeked at the troll, who, much to her relief, hadn’t squashed Valentine. His foot was in mid air, and Valentine…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice It makes me wonder if marrying at thirteen was common during that time? I suppose so since they wanted to marry Juliet to Paris. Still… I would think that a thirteen-year-old would value life so that she wouldn’t have to kill herself if her lover died.
But I suppose that’s symbolic, come to think of it. I wonder…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yes. Totally pointless. It shows you the importance of communication. One thing I really hate about it is that I absolutely adored the character of the priest who counseled Romeo amazingly well and married him and Juliet secretly and sweetly, but then completely failed to help in the end when he held the information about Ju…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel I know right!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice That does seem a little weird for a thirteen-year-old…
@rochellaine Ahh, I should have known. XP
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
It’s not so much that Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy that I dislike, it’s more that it’s…a pointless tragedy, I guess. Also, Juliet is thirteen years old. Am I the only one disturbed by that? I will try West Side Story though, when I get a chance.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice The only thing that reconciles me to Romeo and Juliet’s sad end is that they did actually get married before they died. I think most people forget that part. My brother hated West Side Story because he doesn’t like sad endings. You, on the other hand… 😀
@dekreel Hello! We’ve been talking about musicals, as usual. Bobert isn’t…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
*frowns at 939 posts* I am going to be one soon too!
Um…we’ve been talking about musicals. Aren’t you shocked? -
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine Hello! I’m doing some formatting, and hopefully some writing in there, too. What have we been talking about?
BTW, Rochellaine, CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING AN ECCENTRIC MENTOR IN TWO MONTHS!!!!!! That’s amazing!!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Powerful Quotes about Writing from The Princess Bride in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 6 months ago
@his-instrument That was great! I am very likely to kill my darling characters in the morning. XD I also read your short story based on Beowulf, and I enjoyed it very much! You did a great job of bringing together the original story and yours.
- Load More
