@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Titles! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
*squeals* Eep! I’m so glad you’re excited! I hope you like it. I’ve been planning/outlining/researching the sequel and I hope to start in April, I’m really looking forward to that!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh wow. Now I definitely need to read A Tale of Two Cities! (Though I haven’t fully read Les Miserables I have skimmed through most of it, but I don’t really know any of the story of the other.)
I think the fact that you added Chessy’s adoption into Stars is great, because it will link the two books together and make it look like…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m very erratic too. When I’m working on a first draft, I tend to knuckle down and finish a novel in six weeks, but when it comes to editing or short stories, I’m so random.
That’s what I figured, but I’m doing a bit of research anyway. I think she was about one and a half to two when she was adopted, I’d have to check my notes to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Titles! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
A Tale of Two Cities is such an awesome book! It’s in my top three favourites. I definitely will let you know. If you’re interested in reading the first book, which is Stars Fill Infinity here’s THE LINK to the topic I made on it, which has the links to the Google docs.
Thank you! You’re so sweet 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice No, this isn’t that one. I just found this one a couple of days ago when I was going through my old notes, halfway done, and decided to try and finish it. 🙂 I am extremely random in my writing habits, if you haven’t noticed! 😀 But I think I’ll be able to finish this one now, since it’s been going pretty well.
Okay, yeah, if sh…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
It’s fine, I’ve read the part one bit and it’s suitably mysterious so far. is this the 50s one with the singer? Or is it a different one?
Yeah, I guess that’s probably why we like it. I also just like knowing where the inspiration came from, or how historically accurate it was and the acknowledgements are just generally sweet.
Ha,…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice *laughs* Ohh, the poor guy! 😀
Oh, and a warning: this is completely a first draft, so I haven’t got really any imagery or description or good wording anywhere. It’s just the idea of the story and I’ll edit it once I finish. So it might not be a great read right now. 🙂
Haha! I read the author’s notes and acknowledgements too. Ma…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Sometimes I plan to kill someone, and then cave in and don’t. With one of my novellas, Comrade, I’ve changed between drafts whether or not a character dies. in the first draft he does, in the second he doesn’t, in the third he does.
Okay, I’ll have a look in a second. 😀
I like prologues too. If they’re well done, sometimes they…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Oh, thank you! @seekjustice
Anything to do with the government is always a pain. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I meant to reply to this earlier. I’ll definitely be praying for you! Adoption laws are super crazy in Australia, I don’t know what it’s like in the US, but it’s no easy feat. I hope everything works out smoothly.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I actually ate a breakfast sort of snack: instant oatmeal and a mini croissant. 🙂
Hahaha! Hey, do you always know whether your characters will survive your stories? Yeah, I know. Killing someone is a little different. And at one point I did question whether to have a twist and let him turn out to be a real murderer so she wou…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m sure she won’t mind that once you explain 🙂
I don’t have a problem with mermaids either, I remember someone else being a bit unsure of whether to have mermaids in their story, but I don’t remember who. So long as the world doesn’t start believing that they are real, which is actually something a startling amount of people…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yeah, maybe I could just ask her to change it’s name from “troll” to something else, which she could easily come up with since she made up Chasm Beasts. 🙂 It’s funny, I actually said something against mermaids here once, and when I told my mom about it she said she doesn’t mind mermaids. 😀 So anyway, we’ll see how it ends up l…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Okay. I wasn’t really familiar with the root meaning of troll, or what a troll actually is. Definitely talk to your mum/mom about it and you can mention it to Dekreel, if you feel you need to. I think, that since the creature that Dekreel used isn’t really a “demon”, she could easily change it to something that’s just generally mi…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Um, I just looked up “Troll, the creature” on Wikipedia, and it said the Norse word “Troll” means “fiend, werewolf, or demon,” so now I think I might have to talk to my mom about this thing. I wish Dekreel hadn’t called me it’s “overlord” since I believe Christians can command demons to go away, but should certainly not be…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’ve definitely found problematic elements in fantasy, specifically in more modern fantasy, but on the whole I’ve not had a major problem with most of it. Having said that, I’ve made a conscious decision not to read Harry Potter or any of Philip Pullman’s work, because there are aspects that don’t sit well with me.
No worries 😀 I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I definitely understand that, and that’s why I’ve treated my aversion to fantasy as somewhat of a joke here. 🙂 I do like fantasy, though only certain kinds. Anyway, thanks for talking about it with me! I’ll think about it, and if I don’t announce my website tomorrow I’ll do it within the next couple of days.
Now, why would you be…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
No, no its okay. I’m just simultaneously trying to figure out how to respond to you while my brain is trying to figure out what 8% of $85 is and the two are clashing.
I guess the meaning of troll is different for different people so some people might be bothered by it and some wouldn’t. Like, I don’t have a problem with trolls and…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice If this is too serious a discussion for you it’s okay. Sorry. 🙂 I probably didn’t really need to bring it up.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Ah, thank you! 😀
Yes, I guess I did. 🙂 I do like it.
Biggest problem is probably that I have a couple of conscience problems with the fact that she had me let the Troll continue to exist, since I believe trolls are evil creatures, similar to and possibly the same as demons, so I don’t want that following me to my website. 🙁 O…[Read more]
- Load More
