@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekrel This. Is.
AWESOME.
<p style=”text-align: center;”>😀</p> -
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah, from what I can remember of him. It’s been awhile since I watched the show, though.
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Okay, that’s good. 🙂 *stares* *stares* *faints*
*reawakens* *nose twitch* 😶😐 Wow. Sounds painful.
Glad he’s okay though! 🙂 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 Haha, yes that would be extremely boring. 😀 Oh, you like Roy Rogers? That’s cool. But I would think compared to John Wayne you’d find him boring?
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Is he better now? Yep. Needs explanation. *brain shorts out at lack of sufficient knowledge*
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Well, I guess not everyone can have the same opinions. After all, if we were all the same like the citizens of Camazotz (A Wrinkle in Time), life would be exceptionally boring! 🙂
Roy Rogers is good too. 🙂
No problem! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 I can’t stand John Wayne. He’s this great big American icon, but I think his morals were terrible in most of his movies. I’ve only seen a few of his movies, and I always hated his character, though I sometimes ended up liking the movies okay because of the supporting cast.
I prefer the squeaky clean cowboys such as Gene Autry…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Thanks! Totally. *nods*
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Heeeellllllllooooooooo! 😀
The old one was good, and better than the new one according to my dad. I haven’t seen the full Chisum yet, though. I liked the beginning though.
That might have done it. Why were you in the hospital? *concerned yip*
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hey-lo. @rochellaine . Well, I’ve seen The Rifleman, The Wild Wild West, Wanted: Dead or Alive, a little bit of Bonanza, The Magnificent Seven (THE ORIGINAL: NOT THE NEW ONE), and other random Westerns. Oh, and Chisum. (My family likes John Wayne movies. 😀 )
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young Great! Give me about fifteen minutes to finish my own non-extensive edits, and then I’ll link you to a google document, okay?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Haha. 😛 You’ve never seen any western movies either? I love western movies!
Oh, I just realized I told you a whole bunch of authors, but not specific books that I liked. So you’ll have to sort through hundreds of books unless I give you a starting point! 😀
So…Zane Grey: Light of the Western Stars; B.M. Bower: Starr of the De…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hello. I’m writing again. 🙂
-
filewriter@base13x posted an update 8 years, 6 months ago
I sat doing my homework at the dinning room table. Suddenly, I noticed the smallest of rainbows fall across my page of scribbled words. I looked out the window and saw a squirrel, its brown tail held high, scurrying across the black street. I thought to myself, “Isn’t God creative!”
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel That’s fine. 🙂 As you know, I am generally late to everything…. Thank you! 😀 May I congratulate you on Part….11 of Jenna Trapperton! 🙂 *stares* *blinks* *ear twitches* What do you see?
@catwing Wait. Who’s the animal attacking the person? (This is not an insult/problem, I’m just curious because, as you said earlier, it is a rough…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
Hello friends! After a short break during which I wrote barely anything and mostly worked on planning the book, I’ve finally started actually writing it! So I have the next short section done, (I haven’t separated anything in chapters yet, so I’m just calling it sections,) and am editing it a bit myself, but would like some beta readers to e…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Cool. Out of the old TV shows I’ve seen only Bonanza, Cheyenne, and a little bit of The Virginian. I prefer western movies, though I like other genres of shows. Have you seen any old westerns?
Okay, I would definitely recommend Zane Grey. He is the best western author I’ve ever read. His books are pretty gritty, since they’…[Read more]
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04, wow. And I didn’t even have time to congratulate you on part two. Really good. Oh, I am so worried about my Ezi, uh, *cough*, I mean, I am sure he will be OK.
@catwing. Oh, I love that cover art already. B-bot was also impressed that you decided to include him. Um, you can draw him like that, but they are more like little li…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 posted an update 8 years, 6 months ago
Guess what???? *drumroll commences* *and stops*
I just saw I Can Only Imagine! In theaters! It was awesome! I loved it! It was so inspiring.Has anyone else seen this? If so, how’d you guys like it?
@catwing @dekreel @dragon-snapper @alia @allison-grace @ariella-newheart @filewriterbase13x @ingridrd @jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira
-
@warrenluther04 Ah, I had a lot of friends want to or go to that! It sounds really interesting, but I haven’t seen it.
-
@warrenluther04, oh cool. No, I haven’t. I want to, because I love the song. Actually, I have only heard a short preview on the radio, but it still sounds good.
-
@jenwriter17 GO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!! It is amazing.
@filewriterbase13x It is cool. 🙂 Catwing’s blog has the preview…or YouTube. 🙂
-
-
@warrenluther04 Oh! I just heard of this movie yesterday! On the radio, just like @filewriterbase13x. XD I really want to go see it because MercyMe has some really awesome music. I’m glad to hear it was good!
-
@warrenluther04. I have never heard of it. What is it about? I love the song “I
Can Only Imagine”. Its one of my favorite songs. And I had a close friend die recently, so now I can’t sing that song without crying. 🙂 -
@dekreel I heard of the movie two ways: KLOVE (radio station) and Catwing’s blog. It was good! MercyMe has good songs. 🙂
@ariel-ashira It’s about Bart Millard, the lead singer for MercyMe, his backstory, his coming to Christ, his father’s change of heart, and how the song “I Can Only Imagine” came about. It’s quite inspiring. 🙂
How are you…[Read more]
-
-
@warrenluther04 I have seen it… And am writing about it on my blog. I liked it.
Strangely I didn’t know Bart Millard wrote it. Or that it was Mercy Me’s… *cough* I don’t know that stuff. But I do like the song. 🙂-
@catwing Did you like it? (As soon as I typed that I saw that you typed “I liked it”. *facepaw*)
I didn’t either until I watched the trailer. I like the song too…now I wish that KLOVE played more songs by MercyMe. 🙂-
@warrenluther04 Sounds like a neat movie! As for my friend, yes I am doing fine. God used it to really bring some things to my attention. There were other people saved because of his death too. God really used his life, and death, to bring glory to Himself. His parents and siblings are very sad of course, but they believe it was God’s time to…[Read more]
-
-
-
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Okay, you’ve convinced me. I am now editing the newest parts of my western… 😮
Ah, what westerns have you watched? I’ve watched quite a few as well, but I doubt we’ve watched many of the same ones. I prefer the less well known to the classics. 😛
Great! First a couple questions: Do you have a kindle? Do you ever read stuff onl…[Read more]
- Load More
