@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia How about fifteen minutes?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
Cool! Hopefully we’ll get more internet in two or three days and then I’ll be able to comment properly on your chapters!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, sure. for how long?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Ah, I see. Oh, thank you! I hope to get to a part about horses within the next couple of days – if I make myself write.
Does…does anyone want a word war? 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Yay!!
Usually I’m doing jobs or school at this time, but its Saturday so I’m mostly free.
By the way, I did get the message about the horses, I just haven’t been able to get onto Google docs. I’d be happy to tell you whatever you need to know, and I have enough horse books to be able to find out if I don’t know!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, yay you’re here!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia I’m finally here! Desperately needing to work on my novel…
@seekjustice Wow, you are rarely on at this time of day! 😉
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, see you later
@seekjustice…thats how I am with my book. I also have a blog post that should have been posted two weeks ago
-
Alia replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
Dang, this topic seemed to have died off…
<p style=”text-align: left;”>anyways, this is a song I wrote for the KP lyric contest that happened two years ago, and I just found it…</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>No Place Else
-Verse-
I’ve walked miles to nowhere
With no hope of going anywhere
I’m feeling kind of lonely
And think I might…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
That’s fine! My book will be there when your ready for it 🙂
@jenwritwr17
I know! But…my blog…!
Bye 🙂
-
Alia replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@sam-kowal, did you really count how many turtles @daeus has?
-
Alia replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@celticcailin, I don’t have much to say that others haven’t already, but one thing that I do is write down sentences about what is going on in my life. later I try to rewrite them so that they flow and are lyrics that I am actually passionate about. hope that helps.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, I’m still here. I left for a bit to play with my siblings, but I have returned. what are you working on?
@seekjustice, I still havent had time to read your book. I gave myself a deadline for my book, and its not wanting to move along so I have put everything else on pause
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
(BBC I know right :D)
Yeah that’s what I was trying to say in my rambly way
I’m on, working on today’s blog post. But Infinity is calling and I can’t concentrate!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 @skredder @catwing @kaya-young @rochellaine @everyonelse
Thank you so much, guys, for praying for my talk. It went really well, despite some last minute catastrophes. It was really good and I think it touched the heart of quite a few people. I was even told that my shy, introverted self has a gift for public speaking.
Anyway, I’m so…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Well, Hello, People! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 5 months ago
You write retellings!! Me too, I’m obsessed with them and your ideas sound really cool! I’ve never heard of the Firebird ballet, but it sounds intriguing. 🙂
Who are some authors you enjoy reading?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice…BBC!!!!!
@notawriter, I think also retellings allow for more creativity, and adaptations try to follow the original story more. Or it might be the other way around
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I definitely think you should write it 😀
I would say the difference between an adaption and a retelling is quite loose. But I think that you can see the difference in two versions of Sherlock Holmes. If you look at Basil Rathbone’s Sherlock movies, they tend to have the same plot as the stories and they’re based on and it doesn’t…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Anyone writing???
@seekjustice, @rochellaine, @catwing, @whoever-else
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks. 😀
- Load More
