@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice In about fifteen minutes I’m going to watch a really old 1930s movie with my sister – or at least part of it, since it’s a serial, but I’m here right now. If you aren’t around now, I’ll probably be back in about an hour and a half or two hours.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Oh good!!! Praise God!!!
@rochellaine I’ll be praying, friend!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I have to disappear for about an hour but I’ll word war when i get back 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice I’ve been procrastinating again. Want another word war? 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I can type without looking at either the screen or the keyboard, but I don’t use the keys and fingers the way the touch typing program tried to teach me. I don’t think I use my thumb and ring finger at all. Having said that though, I’ve probably taught myself a kind of cross between two different styles. It works for me.
We use the…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Wait…so you don’t look at the screen when you’re typing? That’s interesting. Do you use all your fingers, or just a few? I was taught to touch type as a little kid, so I never had to worry about learning a new style. 🙂
So do you people use the word “guy” to describe someone ever? Obviously you know that’s what we use ins…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I can’t actually touch type, I tried to learn once but I was already so set in my ways that I could never do it properly. I’ve never timed myself for only one minute but I imagine it would be similar to yours.
G’day, Uncle Bill 😉
Nope, Justice isn’t that great at it, but he’s trying 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, I can touch type. I can type 60-70 wpm when copying something. So my slowness is just in thinking of things to write. 😉 How fast can you type? (If you can do 300 in five minutes, that means you can at least type as fast as I can if not faster!)
Uncle Bill would be very startled at being called a “bloke!” 😛
Ahhh! I love…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Oh yeah, I did a lot of word wars in that doc, mostly with myself but sometimes with other people. I remember one time I was trying to beat my record for five minutes which was consistently 290 and get 300 which I eventually did.
I’ve got a question. Can you touch type?
Poor Uncle Bill! 🙁 You muat get the poor bloke out of…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia That’s great! Typing more than I thought I would is the real reason I do word wars. 😉 I try to make myself go fast, but I do much better when there are other people I know are typing at the same time.
Oh, of course. 😛
@seekjustice Wow! Bu I knew you would beat me! 🙂 You accidentally left some of your typing races in the first dra…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Adieu then! I might be on when you get back.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice, if only. but after I clean it’s family movie time. But I should be back in about 2.5ish hours
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Good luck cleaning your room and may you return speedily to the realm of writing!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I typed like crazy and I got about 680 words, which I think is a personal best 😉
How’s the western coming along now? (Oh and I’m just about to write another window scene!)
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, @seekjustice, I got 247, which is more than I thought I would.
I have to go now because my mom thinks a clean room is important when obviously writing is importanter…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia @seekjustice How’d it go? I got 441 words done.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, we just started a 15 minute word war. Since your internet is slow, you might have gotten the message late, so you can just set a timer if you want, and you might be done a few minutes after us. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Okay! Let’s start now!
…..GO! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Sure, I’m in!
Our internet is terrible at the moment and the only time it works properly is at four in the morning
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, sounds good. ready when you are
- Load More
