@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Ariel Ashira started the topic Need Advice with my Character's Responses in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
Okay, so I have this scene I need some help with. Â My MC is an eighteen year old guy who is returning home after not being able to see his family for two years. Â His family has thought him dead for over a year. Â What would these peoples responses be when he shows up one night: his Father, his Mother, his ten year old brother, and the elderly se…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia @jenwriter17 @rochellaine I really wish I could be on more, but life won’t allow that yet.  Just thought I’d say it is something to celebrate that poor Uncle Bill has been found! 🙂
Please, though, don’t hesitate to tag me. Â I will be on as often as I can!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Am praying for you!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Learning How to Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 5 months ago
@mark-kamibaya *trips over self in excitement about those picture thingies* These are great!!! Thank you for sharing!
@bethanysinkyroses Ah, plotting, my sticking point for every story. 😉 This link is a list of key scenes in any plot. It helps me tremendously to go through the list and come up with ideas for what each scene will be in my story.…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
So, I’m not sure if anyone here is familiar with Word of Life Bible Institute, but its a one to two year bible collage that has campuses around the world.
I’m hoping that I will be able to go to a one year version the year after I graduate high school (in 2 years), but it is pricey and doesn’t offer scholarships. I have basically this summer,…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, I’m actually signing off. I’m finishing up my speech and then going to bed.
I might be on tomorrow though
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia I’m actually not going to be back for another fifteen minutes to half an hour. So, I’ll tag you when I get back to see if you’re still here. Bye!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, sounds good. that’ll give me time to work on my speech some
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Okay, but first I’ve got to go for a few minutes. I’ll let you know when I get back.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, would you like to do another word war?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 At least it was actually for the story, and not something like “How to do my hair in a 1960s beehive.” 😀 I did need to know what trauma centers were called in other parts of the country, since I only know about the University of Maryland one. But you’re right. I should know better than to google anything during a word war.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, no I haven’t
@jenwriter17, farewell
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Well…since @jenwriter17 doesn’t want me to give away spoilers, I can’t really defend myself at this point. 😉 I do attempt to stress my characters out quite often, though I prefer writing lighter stories to the heavy dystopian/fantasy stuff that most of the people here write. Have you seen any of my western?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Whoa! I was sure I was going to lose because partway through I forgot I was in a word war and decided to google “hospital trauma centers!” 😛 When I realized what I had done I was horrified.
But, I ended up getting either 219 or 227. (I can’t quite remember which sentence I started with.)
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
…181. This is an all time low for me
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine…at least tell me you torture your characters. because that can excuse only one death, as long as the unlucky chosen one is a semi main character or at least a favorite.
@jenwriter17, okay, I’m starting too
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia   …
What about the second draft? 😉
@jenwriter17 Well, since Alia’s back, how about we do ten minutes with her? 😀
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, fine print. once you kill a character there is no going back.
@jenwriter17, I’m back.
how about 10 minutes? or longer if you guys want
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Them?! I said I was considering killing one of my characters. I will never come to your “side of things” as you call it when you speak in such ruthless and careless terms of my beloved characters lives. So there.
@jenwriter17 Great, a word war! How long this time?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, I have to leave, but I’ll be back in 5-7 minutes
- Load More
