@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, I would, but there is this mean thing called schoolwork that is keeping me away
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Just wondering… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Here is a question. How can I make my first chapter grab the reader, but also make it relate to the story and make my reader care about my MC?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Need Advice with my Character's Responses in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Good idea! Yes, tag more people please!
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Just wondering… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@daughteroftheking @alia Thanks!
Yep, I do. I just started it not too long ago.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Need Advice with my Character's Responses in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder He had really good relationships with his family before he was taken away. Good point!
-
Alia replied to the topic Just wondering… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@daughteroftheking, I definitely think ‘where is the chocolate?’ is the correct question
@epicaddie2, I would agree with question two of the above. I’m always double guessing myself on whether my characters are relatable
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Where to world build in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Thanks!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Just wondering… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@epicaddie2 Hm, good question. I would say my three biggest questions are: *dramatic pause* How do I grip readers and hook them into the story? Are my characters flawed, human, and relatable enough? Where’s the chocolate? *ahem* I mean… How do I find my writing voice?
Hope that is helpful. 🙂 Wait, do you have a blog? *excited sidelong glance*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jess-penrose Not so great. 🙁 But right now I’m taking a break to look at Alia’s speech for her. Maybe when I get back to writing after that it’ll go better.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Goodnight!
@jess-penrose How’s it going?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, @jess-penrose, I’m signing off, gotta go to bed. I was told that 10 is too late to be up writing
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, I stalk this topic and read your conversation with someone about it, and for the most part I agreed with you.
here’s the link.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LyH0iRVDp8TNsdi9haoa9KWG3CaQ3UNnPpyW_0vdgXI/edit?usp=sharing
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Sure thing! Any particular reason you asked me? 😀 (I love the Civil War, but don’t remember if you know that or not…)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia It was going really well today, but now I’m suddenly stuck. Not because I wouldn’t necessarily know what to write, but because I’m feeling a strange apathy. I need to get excited about it again. But right now it’s not going anywhere. 🙁
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, can you read through my speech to make sure that it is correct? it’s on the Civil War. I haven’t written the conclusion yet
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, how’s the Western coming along?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, welcome
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia @jess-penrose Hello! I’m back.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jess-penrose, only 176. Tonight is a bit slow for me it seems. But I did get my characters to safety so there is that
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jess-penrose, sounds good
- Load More
