-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
OH MY GOODNESS, thank you so very much! You’ve saved my writing life immensely! I agree with 100% of what you said, and I suppose I’ve never thought of character voices that way, but it totally makes sense! That’s a great illustration to have different characters use distinct exclamations, or how they view sunsets, and all the other…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline
JOY CAROLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You’ve joined Kingdom’s Pen!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs* I’m SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy you’re here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be soooo much fun!!!!! Anyway WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!! You’re gonna absolutely love it!! I’ve only been here since like Tuesday and it already feels like a…[Read more] -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j
Oooh, these were some AWESOMELY AMAZING TIPS!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY agree about the character voice!!! I used to not realize the importance of it, until recently. It’s been one of the areas I’ve mainly focusing on improving these past few months, so this was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <33 -
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
*cue nervous laugh
I probably didn’t make that clear enough, did I? Yeah, I’ve got some struggles…
First off, it’s hard for me to write my characters without it feeling like they’re all somewhat similar. Like, it’s hard to give them their own distinctions sometimes (perhaps it’s because each of my characters are so differe…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello From Me To Kingdom Pen! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m
THAT’S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I wish you the best of luck in all your writerly endeavors!!!!!!! Oh, YES!!!!!! I’m certain you have an AMAZING and AWESOME story!!!!!!!WAR AND PEACE!!!!!!!!!! Man, girl, I seriously respect you for tackling that one. And it’d be SUPER COOL to visit the Russian…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @jenwriter17
I hope this new year is awesome and full of many writerly successes for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Thank you sooooo much!! And Happy New Year to everyone, too! I hope it’s a happy year for everybody! Stay safe, keep writing, and toast to a great 2021! *lifts coffee mug for a toast
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
@devastate-lasting Caira would rather live in the Arctic (my fictional world is already pretty cold)
@abigail-m Deek would rather not have a permanent home but just travel
Would your character rather have to jump everywhere they go or walk on their hands everywhere they go?
-
Issabelle Perry and
Abigail.M. are now friends 5 years, 9 months ago -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12
I TOTALLY feel you, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always say that its easier to talk about writing than to actually do it. It’s NOT JUST YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think just about every single writer out there struggles with this! I think its more because even though we enjoy writing it takes a LOT of mental energy and we always…[Read more] -
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
In response to the last two questions, Caira would rather be brainy with poor physical strength (in a sense, she already is) and she would probably live a year in repeat
Would your character rather time travel in the past or in the future?
-
Issabelle Perry and
GodlyFantasy12 are now friends 5 years, 9 months ago -
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
Ah, this is a remarkable idea, so I’ll jump in and tell you about some of my characters! I completely understand with struggling to write down characters fully, so I think this is a wonderful way to express them! Okay, so I’m not very good at writing character summaries, so fingers crossed!
Newton Rowne (third main character?) : Newton is a vil…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12
Ooooh, YES!!!!!! Those were really awesome tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12
Oooooh, this sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Genie – main female lead: Genie’s got this really fun personality. She’s unique and bold and always that girl who’s gonna be herself. She’s fierce at times and doesn’t back down when things get tough. Perseverance, might be what I’m looking for. She also is a girly-girl, pink, frills, etc.…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
@devastate-lasting
Though I would personally disagree with his choice, he’d choose to watch movies for the rest of his life. -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12
Well, can I have the hot chocolate then? XD Anyway, ooooh, CAN’T WAIT for your forum post!!!!!!! -
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 I’m here! I may be off and on, but I’m still free to talk about whatever. Oh, and by the way, definitely choose the hot chocolate 🙂
And don’t worry about whether it’s good or not! As long as you’re writing, keep it up! I’m happy to see everybody’s on this morning… 😀
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello From Me To Kingdom Pen! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
What’s up @abigail-m WELCOME to Kingdom Pen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *waves dramatically* I’m VERY new myself and can already say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m sure you will too!!!!!!
Ooooh, I have a friend who absolutely LOVES Narnia and I can say I have seen ALL the movies and read book #2. *straightens posture dramatically* XD…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12
YAYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had been catching up on some emails I got yesterday and a few comments on my blog. Now I’m basically putting off my writing time. I’m supposed to read through this short story I wrote one last time before submitting it to this contest. The deadline is kind of today and I basically put off writing it until…[Read more] - Load More
