-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@millennium Sure! I’d love to see them! I’m actually trying to make some myself… 🙂
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
YES I KNOW! I’M SO HAPPY OTHER PEOPLE LIKE IT TOO! And thank you!  *raises coffee mug to toast   Ah, the temptation to let them smoothly start having a friendship/romance is killing me, but I need to take things slow and remind myself why they dislike each other to begin with. I do appreciate the encouragement! I’ve been pumped ab…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I’M SO HAPPY THAT YOU LIKE MY IDEA! I thought I may have been the only one who loved hate-to-love romances! *high fives *does a happy dance
*… ahem
You’re advice is pure gold! You must have some weird special power, because you can write about my characters flawlessly! I’m really happy about the first point you made, because I can t…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Oooh, this is a wonderful (or shall I say lovely?) topic! Okay, so I’m a little nervous about my own skills of writing romance, but I felt like I wanted to comment here and ask for some advice. I do understand that romance is a subject many writers shy away from, because half of the time, it isn’t written like it should be. But I b…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m
Aww, THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! Same back at ya!!!!! -
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh goodness, these are wonderful! 🙂 They’re so neat and polished, too (and your characters sound interesting!) Could you tell me how you did it? I’d love to try that with my own characters
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 No worries! Yeah, I’d love to see some of your collages! 🙂 And by the way, @godlyfantasy12, Starbucks sounds awesome right about now
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
I may be on/off, but I’ll be checking in! I’m writing an introduction scene currently, so that may be where I disappear off to if I randomly leave… 🙂
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
THANK YOU JUST A THOUSAND TIMES OVER FOR THIS ENTIRE REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I’m over here about to cry after reading it!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU for all of your support and encouragement!!!!! I really couldn’t do this without you!!!!!! I don’t know what to say except THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH for all of that!!!!! I feel much more ready to get back to writing now!!!!!!!! YES! I read it all and I didn’t find it boring one bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it’s really not crazy to talk with your characters, authors do it all the time!!!!! Anyway, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s gonna help a lot!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It helps a ton!!!!!!!! I will try to remind myself WHY I’m doing this and use your tips!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! I know all of this will help a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -
Issabelle Perry started the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Hey fellow writers! So, I’m joining in on this writing competition and am hoping to cover some serious ground in my new WIP. But I’m someone who will often drop a story less than half way into it for lack of motivation. And to add that to it I’ve just received my first rejection for my contemporary retelling of Aladdin today. Basically, I wanna…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
First if it’s certain scenes you’re having a hard time with there’s something I learned that has helped me A LOT! When I come across a certain scene I don’t know how to write or I’m not certain what’s gonna be the filler scene from point A to A.5 I’ll just write something like “something awesome goes here” and get to the part I do…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m
Maybe I can help you?
First of all, if it’s any comfort, I know exactly how you’re feeling. Trust me when I say that writing is hard, so that’s normal! But I’d like to try to offer some advice (sorry in advance for a long response…)#1. For your first struggle, this is what I would recommend: let your plot come from your protago…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character Personality Tip Swap! in the forum Characters 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m Thank you so much! At least I know I’m not the only one who struggles with this problem! And that’s a really good idea, putting my characters in wacky situations and “watching” them respond to it… that’s a wonderful way to help me figure out their personalities! I don’t think I’ve ever thought about doing that, but I’ll try it! Thanks…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline
IKR!!!!!!!!You’re ABSOLUTELY welcome, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
Hahaha, well that’s basically typical with EVERYONE’S first draft!!!!!!!!! Aw, girl, ANY TIME!!!!!!!!! Whenever you’ve got writing questions, I’m just a quick email away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
WELCOME TO KINGDOM PEN, @joy-caroline! It’s wonderful to meet you! 🙂 I’m still a little new here myself, but I totally enjoy Kingdom Pen in the time I’ve been here! And wow, your novel sounds very fascinating! It makes me happy to see writers writing Biblical fiction, and I wish you the very best of luck! We’re all really happy you’ve joined KP!…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline
This is true! So how has writing/editing in The Apostle’s Sister going today? I got to read a little bit more in the first chapter. Sadly I was hoping to have completed it but my day got away from me. -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Hello friends! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline
Yep!!!!! I just accepted your friend request!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aw, girl, I’m glad to know you trust my judgement on things. XD Much love to ya, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <33 - Load More
