-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder There are a couple places where it’s better, but there’s still quite a bit of “head-hopping” going on. Sorry. 🙂 Would you be able to post it in an “edit” link so that I could comment on the places where it changes POV? That would be a lot easier than trying to explain it all here on the forum.
Oh, I just want to say that reading ab…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hey, I’m back to reading! I’m reading some David Livingstone’s last journal entries for school
-
Daeus replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Thanks everyone!
You may be wondering what my goal was with this. I had a theory that most writers like you want to make an impact (you seem to agree), but that at the same time they fear being a professional author will be too hard for them and so they don’t treat themselves completely seriously. I didn’t phrase the question for that one…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@salome01w4g No big brothers? Aww. I’ve got three, and my oldest brother is just as protective and caring as Dev! Do you have any siblings at all?
I felt really cheated at the end of the fifth book when we didn’t get the scene where Tully told Mikkel he actually wasn’t marrying Bree. Mikkel must have been so relieved!
I liked the twins pre…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Absolutely. One of my goals is to become published. And I am vigorously trying to get contracted before college.
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I would like to become an established author, but in terms of a career I feel that God has called me to be a missionary. I view writing as an extension of that. I would like for thousands of people to read what I write (if it’s any good) but it’s not my main goal.
-
Skredder replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I made some changes that hopefully fixed the head-hopping problem. Could you take a look and tell me what you think?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I’m kinda in between. I want to be an established author, but I’m not crazy about spending most of my time spreading the news about my book (but I know there’s some marketing involved in being an author)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
…Oh, I see why you didn’t tag me. It’s because I said it wasn’t the most important thing to me, and so the second question doesn’t really apply. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye I actually like the lighter side of The Flash – reason for why I don’t like the third season. 😀 But I’ve heard of at least two evil speedsters doing the hand-vibration-murder thing. What I like about The Flash is the swagger of the hero, the closeness of the team, and the jokes and “right is might” message.
I like a lot of the old…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I would very much like to reach thousands of readers with my books. But if I don’t, then it’s not the end of the world and I will be happy with those I did reach.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine No, I appreciated your answer.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Did I answer wrong? 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 I just finished reading Alex and Brett Harris’s book, but I’m not reading at the moment…
@warrenluther04 😀 the Inheritance cycle is awesome! For awhile, it was my favorite fantasy series. Eragon itself I like because of the epic quest feel and the intricate magic system
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@salome01w4g Ohhh, you read The Boy Colonel?!! It’s wonderful! Do you really like Nobody better than Edmund? I don’t know which one I like better, except you get to know Nobody better since he’s the protagonist.
I re-read the Viking Quest series all the time. I feel so sorry for Mikkel when Dev tells him to stay away from Bree. 🙁 Beca…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 By “sold out” I don’t mean that you’re crazy about it, but you’re at least determined.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus To answer your first question… yes, or at least to impact those who come across my stories.
And to answer your second: Also yes, that’s my goal…
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic How many characters is too many? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ariella-newheart Looks like you’ve already gotten quite bit of advice, but I would say that probably, 30 characters is too many.
That’s not to say it can’t be done- if the story is an expansive epic, it certainly can, but 30 is a lot for readers to try to keep track of.
It also depends on how much time these characters get- if they’re mostly…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @princessfoo @skredder @mnvalentine @jenwriter17 @dragon-snapper @kaya-young @kate-flournoy @daughteroftheking
Okay, let me put this a different way. Would you say you want to reach thousands of readers with your books or are you sold out on doing so?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @princessfoo @skredder @mnvalentine @jenwriter17 @dragon-snapper @kaya-young @kate-flournoy @daughteroftheking
Okay, second question: do you plan to become an established author?
- Load More
