-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder OHHHHHH *squeals* *shrieks* *faints* I LOVE it! This story is so much fun!!!
-
Alia replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariella-newheart, @skredder, she looks amazing both with and without colour. thank you both so much
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@pickupyourpenandwrite So you’re the “other person who doesn’t write fantasy!” Cool!
Pickupyourpenandwrite I read a lot of books written in the early 1900s, and back then there was a much larger percentage of American kids who went to boarding schools. So I’ve read a good many books set in boarding schools which I enjoyed. A Shakespeare my…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Okay, so it deleted my post. I’m going to try this again. If there’s a double post then you know why.
@ashlyvye Thank you for the tag. I hope this is good. 🙂
Part #7 for story #2
Freda’s head ached and throbbed behind her eyes as she desperately tried to fall asleep. She was exhausted. Five times, five times she went into the dream world t…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Strong Christian Women in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young @skredder @jane-mare @ariella-newheart @notawriter @seekjustice @everyone
I read the fourth chapter of Esther….
I think it was really sweet how much concern Esther showed for Mordecai when he was wearing the sackcloth and mourning about what was going to happen to her people. She sent him clothes so he didn’t have to wear the…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ashlyvye That was awesome! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@supermonkey42 Nope. I want the “rose-colored glasses” version of realism. 😀
My favorite of his would have to be Around the World in 80 Days but I’ve only read four or five of his books, so I’m not really qualified to have a favorite. I think his ending twist to that one is much better than the ending twist to The Pearl of Lima!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@supermonkey42 😀 The Pearl of Lima. It’s been a while since I read it, (why would I re-read a thing like that?!) but I think its something like either a white man falls in love with an Indian girl, or two Indians from different tribes, sort of like Romeo and Juliet. He escapes with her but on the last page of the book their pursuers shoot hi…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing @dekreel @rochellaine Thank you, guys!
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Thanks!
How about @ashlyvye
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Ohhh, the black grapes one is rather morbid, don’t you think? 🙂
The town where the “average age is deceased” is kinda weird and kinda funny. It reminded me of an exchange I heard once: Ireland is famous for its tenor singers, but once a guy asked an Irish tenor why we always hear of Irish tenors, but never Irish baritones? Th…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal Yes, and I understand that some people want books like that which end badly for the MC, just don’t expect me to read them! 😀 Or at least – warn me first that it’s not going to end well. For example: when I read Romeo and Juliet, it wasn’t so bad because I was expecting them to die, but I read a Jules Verne novel where the hero and h…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine There’s definitely room for that, too. In fact, it would be depressing if every story ended with the hero not solving the problems, but at the same time, I would love to read about it a little bit.
XD 😀 Yeah. It’s tough, with an MC like that in realistic fiction- you can’t just have her want to free her people, or become the next…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young Hooray! She finally realized it was a nightmare…but it still didn’t work. 🙁
😀 Nice job. You might want to tag someone other than @dragon-snapper since she was already tagged by (I think) Seekjustice. She’s doing a part of Story #1.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal *smiles at Stan* Thanks. That was a little helpful?
😀 😀 😀
@dekreel If you want to know why I never make Stan disappear, it’s because dragons are real. Also because Stan is always nice and never does anything worthy of disappearing.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal I agree with everything you said…except the last sentence. 😀
Did you read my “rant” in response to the one @supermonkey42 wrote? I like to look up to the heroes in the book I read, so a hero who messed up is realistic, and I will appreciate that, but in the end I want him to solve the problems and be a true hero. 🙂
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine I understand the problem XD. It’s a compelling prompt, because it’s very real. There’s rarely ever a ‘bad guy’ who wants to destroy the world, and a perfect hero who wants to save it.
@supermonkey42 *joins rant*
I have to agree with you, that the ‘good guy, bad guy’ conflict can sometimes be frustrating. Of course, it’s very simple,…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel 😀 Great installment. I just had to be careful how much I realted to Stan, because as a dragon he’s aware that he should be one of the creatures capable of flying up to get a GIF… but his wings are still rather small
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What's Your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine *Tries to cheer you up*
It’s okay. Stan would like to tell you he doesn’t write fantasy either. He writes realistic fiction.
Unfortunately, because Stan is fantasy, his realistic fiction with him as the main character still comes across as fantasy…. MWAHAHAHAHA 😀 😀 😛
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What's Your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien :D. I need to read Wingfeather, but until then…Narnia: (book 2)
Four kids become king and queen of a park full of endangered creatures by order of an escaped zoo animal, who crowns them because they offended a lady who loves winter so much she could have gotten a business deal with The North Face, but also hates Christmas…[Read more]
- Load More
