-
Joy replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, I just put the italics there to let you know what the difference was. So really I meant it would look like this:
“When it threw fearsome flames at me.”
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel I don’t know…putting that much emphasis on “it” doesn’t sound quite right, do you think? The second syllable in that line is the one with the most emphasis in the entire line, so I’d feel strange putting all the force on an ambiguous word like “it.”
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Well, signing off! Might be back Monday. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira Yeah. The thing is, I actually believe dragons are real. 😀 But I do understand they’re looked upon as fantasy creatures. As I said before, I was intending it to be a comic poem, but accidentally made it serious, so that’s probably what the problem with that is.
*giggles* Um, that’s a quote from one of my favorite books. It’s…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Well done!! I love the parable you used! 😀
The one thing I would change is instead of “When fearsome flames it threw at me,” I would say, “When it threw fearsome flames at me.” Unless you want it to be elegant, in which case feel free to ignore that suggestion 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine @catwing @dekreel @dragon-snapper I’m
procrastinatingwriting! only for a little bit though. anyone wanna join me? -
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira @sam-kowal Haha! Guess I can’t escape from my comical side in poem writing. 😀 Part of the reason might be it was originally intended to be a comical explanation of why I believe in real dragons, but then I turned the dragons into figurative beasts and so thought I changed it to serious.
Thanks! Glad you liked it!
But does no o…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ethryndal Oh my. But now I’m wondering…was it Freda who was in a dream all along? And it’s really Bessy that has to rescue her? Was she dreaming a “dream within a dream?”
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic *waves* hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@bekreations 😀 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet. Stan, my pet dragons, says Hi.
I love fantasy too :D, and yeah, three chapters isn’t so bad. I have one story I’d like to write I can’t even get the prologue done correctly.
Looking forward to getting to know you, too. 😀 *passes our raspberries, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, and ice cream*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing XD Wow, yeah. At least Stan doesn’t have to watch all other kinds of dragons his age whizzing around in the air like catwings do. He is kinda old to have such small wings though. I’m hoping they can improve
-
Alia replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
would your character rather travel in time, but only to the future, never backwards, or be able to go back in time but only to one spot in time.
-
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Between periods of unconsciousness, I hear mumbling voices above me, including my brother’s voice. I feel warmth from the bathing water and from the fire, which I hear crackling to my left.
I must be back at Fren’s hideout. I think dimly. How did I get here? I open my eyes to see my brother’s snarling face.
“You made it, course you did. You alw…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Wow, great job. It’s inspiring, and adding dragons always is great 😀
Because of the dragons, I find it almost somewhat comical in nature still; it gives it a certain lightness which helps balance the introspective side.
The comparison of facing your fears to facing dragons is very fitting, too.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Introducing Myself in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
Stan: It is with utmost delight of spirit and satisfaction of mind with which I attempt to greet and welcome you to the fair land of Kingdom Pen, a place where knowledge sprouts bounteously as grass and where raspberries are the esteemed delicacy of our great monarch—
Me: Umm… Stan? Why don’t we just stick with ‘hi’ for today
-
Alia replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong, since I’m only three chapters into his book, i think its safe to say that what I’m about to tell you is 80% going to change later.
Jycin is a weaver in his village until he is chosen to become a priest, the most hated and feared group in the land. he is given three days to say goodbye to his two year old daughter and get…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
-
Rochellaine started the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m not very satisfied with my attempt at a serious poem. As many of you know, I write mostly comic poems, and I find them much easier than serious poetry. I have no idea why I wrote this, but since I did, I’d like to be happy with it, so if you are reading this and if you feel like it, go ahead and critique. Thanks! 🙂
I Believe in Dr…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Goodnight nobody; Goodnight mouse.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel @jenwriter17 I’m writing for a little while now; how about you?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Strong Christian Women in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder and I would have rejoiced with the city! Haman doesn’t seem to be, shall we say, a nice guy
🙂
- Load More
