-
Ingrid replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluth04 My character: short-tempered, sarcastic, and somewhat rash when it comes to decision-making.
Oh and when I’m not in wolf-form, I have caramel hair, stormy gray eyes, and I wear combat boots, an olive jacket and jeans. 😉
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Yeah Nobody is a scary dude!
No I haven’t read Half upon a time yet. But I really want to! 🙂 Did you like it as much as Story Thieves? (Speaking of which have you read the last book yet?? 😮 I haven’t!) -
Ingrid replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Hahahaha! This is great. Thanks for tagging meeeee…! 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice Good grief — Have you guys been up all night??
(I’m not writing…)
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine … Um… yeah, actually there is magic in them. Just not the Harry Potter kind of magic…
Well that would have been morbid for a story like this 😉
Yes, I still like you, if not slightly nervous 😉
@sleepwalkingmk It was actually in my cousin’s introduction topic. XD Shall I shoot you a link?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@daughteroftheking Here he is.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
That point about their relationship being interesting is completely valid, but at the time I hadn’t worked out the details, and was originally thinking she might be older (Cosette, when adopted by Valjean in Les Mis, is eight or nine), but it ended up that she needed to be much younger than that for the timeline to fit properly, so…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
If I was stopped in the night, then I’d probably stab the guy with my pen. No joke, I’m very strong and a pen would hurt if stabbed in the right place.
I am paranoid and have thought about this way too often.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Here’s my thesis! 😀
First of all, you said something about how Chessy’s and Sapphire’s relationship might be “interesting.” This might be true if she was adopted at a later age, but really, if she’s grown up with Sapphire, she won’t ever consider her as anything other than a sister, and if she does, that might cause problems for…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Probably between 4000 and 5000 words, which means with the average 800 word parts I’ve got it in now, one to three more sections. Yeah, not much to work with. 😀
P.S. What would you do if someone stopped you in the middle of the night like happened to June in the beginning?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ah…what kind of word count are you aiming for? I’m going to have dinner, so let me ponder and I’ll get back to you.
Okay, cool 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I have no idea what the paper says!!! 😀 Actually I have a sort of an idea. I think it’s going to reference some place he wants her to meet him to discuss things. But I’m not sure yet. I’ll find out once the police get there and read it. Also, I’m trying to keep the story down to size, so I don’t want to keep going for anot…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, it’s pulled all the time, especially in fantasy, I’ve found, and there’s usually absolutely no reason for them not to know.
You might as well let me know, I’ve not officially started writing yet so I can still pull apart the outline and add stuff…to a certain extent anyway.
I finished the story! I think you’ve got a good…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, I’ll try to find a chance to read it. I’m currently still on the sixth chapter of A Little Bush Maid, so you can see I haven’t been reading much lately! 🙁
You’re right, the “Oh, you’re adopted” is done often and badly. 😀 Though I have heard of some real parents who don’t tell their kids until they’re older. I think tha…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
You definitely need to read it! The plot of this one, which is tentatively titled The Former Things, will make more sense if you know the original plot, but I don’t think it’s essential that you be familiar with it. ATOTC is just a really great book!
Well, when I was first considering making the sequel, late last year, I had the…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’d love to be able to “knuckle down and finish in six weeks!” Especially with my western. I might be able to if I actually decided to work on that instead of my short stories. 🙂 I just keep getting distracted.
Um, I have a couple of things I could tell you in answer to that, but in order to do so I’m afraid I’d break the “o…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Titles! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
*squeals* Eep! I’m so glad you’re excited! I hope you like it. I’ve been planning/outlining/researching the sequel and I hope to start in April, I’m really looking forward to that!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh wow. Now I definitely need to read A Tale of Two Cities! (Though I haven’t fully read Les Miserables I have skimmed through most of it, but I don’t really know any of the story of the other.)
I think the fact that you added Chessy’s adoption into Stars is great, because it will link the two books together and make it look like…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m very erratic too. When I’m working on a first draft, I tend to knuckle down and finish a novel in six weeks, but when it comes to editing or short stories, I’m so random.
That’s what I figured, but I’m doing a bit of research anyway. I think she was about one and a half to two when she was adopted, I’d have to check my notes to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Titles! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
A Tale of Two Cities is such an awesome book! It’s in my top three favourites. I definitely will let you know. If you’re interested in reading the first book, which is Stars Fill Infinity here’s THE LINK to the topic I made on it, which has the links to the Google docs.
Thank you! You’re so sweet 😀
- Load More
