-
Kaya Young replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 I meant the show you were talking about on your “you know you’re a writer when” post. 🙂
Andy Griffith is the best!
Also congrats on winning this month’s prompt!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I have to disappear for about an hour but I’ll word war when i get back 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’ve been procrastinating again. Want another word war? 🙂
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hallu, folks! 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I can type without looking at either the screen or the keyboard, but I don’t use the keys and fingers the way the touch typing program tried to teach me. I don’t think I use my thumb and ring finger at all. Having said that though, I’ve probably taught myself a kind of cross between two different styles. It works for me.
We use the…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Wait…so you don’t look at the screen when you’re typing? That’s interesting. Do you use all your fingers, or just a few? I was taught to touch type as a little kid, so I never had to worry about learning a new style. 🙂
So do you people use the word “guy” to describe someone ever? Obviously you know that’s what we use ins…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I can’t actually touch type, I tried to learn once but I was already so set in my ways that I could never do it properly. I’ve never timed myself for only one minute but I imagine it would be similar to yours.
G’day, Uncle Bill 😉
Nope, Justice isn’t that great at it, but he’s trying 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia *very wide grin* I suppose so…
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Including the gospel without being cheesy in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@daeus Thanks for sharing this. I find the idea of writing a story that teaches you as you write pretty revolutionary in the area of moral story topics. If your story is an exploration not just a statement, you can learn and grow so much more yourself as you create it.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Well, Hello, People! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@annaberens Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet 😀 Your WIPs sound really interesting, especially the idea of the magical higher and lower races. How do you keep all those projects organized in your head??
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, no problem 🙂
@skredder Alrighty 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, I can touch type. I can type 60-70 wpm when copying something. So my slowness is just in thinking of things to write. 😉 How fast can you type? (If you can do 300 in five minutes, that means you can at least type as fast as I can if not faster!)
Uncle Bill would be very startled at being called a “bloke!” 😛
Ahhh! I love…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Oh yeah, I did a lot of word wars in that doc, mostly with myself but sometimes with other people. I remember one time I was trying to beat my record for five minutes which was consistently 290 and get 300 which I eventually did.
I’ve got a question. Can you touch type?
Poor Uncle Bill! 🙁 You muat get the poor bloke out of…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia That’s great! Typing more than I thought I would is the real reason I do word wars. 😉 I try to make myself go fast, but I do much better when there are other people I know are typing at the same time.
Oh, of course. 😛
@seekjustice Wow! Bu I knew you would beat me! 🙂 You accidentally left some of your typing races in the first dra…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Adieu then! I might be on when you get back.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice, if only. but after I clean it’s family movie time. But I should be back in about 2.5ish hours
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Good luck cleaning your room and may you return speedily to the realm of writing!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I typed like crazy and I got about 680 words, which I think is a personal best 😉
How’s the western coming along now? (Oh and I’m just about to write another window scene!)
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, @seekjustice, I got 247, which is more than I thought I would.
I have to go now because my mom thinks a clean room is important when obviously writing is importanter…
-
Skredder replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Congratulations! I’m so glad the talk went well! 🙂
@rochellaine I’m sorry. I’m praying for you and the kids.
- Load More
