-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*gasp* OFFICIALLY. FREAKED. OUT.
*wails* @Aratrea how could you?!
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
@overcomer; @corissa-maiden-of-praise; @sarah-h; @emma-flournoy
How are my beta-readers going? Is it terrible?
Anyone else who wishes to read it too and was too busy when I first asked, don’t hesitate to tag me and let me know.
@hope; @kate-flournoy; @daeus; @aratrea (I didn’t tag you when I first put it out, but I thought you might be int…[Read more] -
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
And a big thank you to all the people who brainstormed for me. I know some of you didn’t make it here before I cleared the topic, but I have figured out what to do. Grazie. 🙂
@kate-flournoy @faithdk @emma-flournoy @christi-eaton @daeus @adry_grace @alia @anna-brie @anne-of-lothlorien @hope @aratrea @clairec @spradlin @sarah-h @rolena-hatfield @jul…[Read more]-
You are most welcome, friend! 🙂 Glad you got it figured out. Happy writing!
-
@spradlin 🙂 *whispers* It’s ready for beta readers now. Psst, @daeus are you interested in reading “the Golden Conch”?
How many people should I send it to in at once?-
@bluejay Yes, I am interested, but I’m a little swamped right now. I’m beta reading two other novels and Kate might send me the second piece of hers any time. Would it be alright if I postpone for a month?
-
LOL! Wish I had time to do the thing. SUBMIT IT WHEN YOU’RE DONE THOUGH! cuz that’s the cool thing to do. xD
-
When it’s done, it will be coming your way. But I hope you have patience cause I have a feeling it might be some time… XD
-
Haha! Not a problem! Can’t wait to see it. 🙂
-
-
-
-
-
@Bluejay I’d love to, but unfortunately I’m way to busy right now to take on any extra projects. Keep me on the list though. 😉 Perhaps a later draft…
-
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
Need a bit of help here. Now I don’t want to say too much because of spoilers, but HELP!
*ahem, ahem. What noise comes to your mind when you think of a shell (reasonably big) breaking and falling onto a wooden floor?
But you have to make sure that your audience doesn’t know what has happened?
@kate-flournoy @faithdk @emma-flournoy @christi-eaton @d…[Read more]-
Like shattering glass, perhaps with a duller ring to it as the wood would absorb a lot of the sound and the shell is hollow, besides.
@Bluejay-
Hmmmm… I’d have to agree with Kate. It doesn’t quite have the tinkling resonance you’d expect from glass (because I have dropped many a glass in my days). Almost like what I’d imagine a pot shattering would sound like, if you want to use a comparison.
-
You’re not the only one to drop glasses. *I managed to drop a jar of Vegemite once. It was rather a mess*
Yes, I’m wanting a comparison. Originally I had, “the sound of a thousand stones falling to the ground.” But I don’t think it would shatter like that or make that sound.
-
-
-
Well, it also depends on the type of wood floor it is. Is it actual, solid wood? (unfortunately this seems to be becoming rarer, at least in my area) Or is it laminate wood floor? The sound would be different if it is.
-
Oh yes, and just to clarify, it breaks after it hits the wood floor, right? The way you worded it kind of suggested it breaks before hitting… *grins mischievously*
-
-
*grins back* Shhh…it breaks before it hits the ground. It is the good old solid wooden floor. @corissa-maiden-of-praise.
-
@BlueJay Well, that changes things. *ponders* Perhaps… well, how does it break then? We must take that into account if we are to accurately describe the sound. 😉
-
@corissa-maiden-of-praise You’re prying! You just want to know what happens don’t you??? 😉 *suspicious stare* It gets whacked on someone’s head. *A hard head* 🙂 *sniggers*
-
Goodness, this sounds terribly exciting. I can’t wait to read it! 🙂
-
-
-
-
-
@bluejay, Ahhh! This is a really hard question. I honestly can’t think of anything except what everyone else has already said, so, um, yeah! 🙂
-
Thanks @winter-rose That was what I was thinking too, but I wasn’t sure that a clay jar fitted as an example, so I reworded it and I ‘think’ I’ve got it.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Glad you think so. One day…-
@BlueJay Whenever anything is cracked over someone’s head, you can generally count on the story being exciting. 😀
-
-
@bluejay, sounds like you’ve got it already, but I agree with the others—like pottery, just a little clearer and harder.
-
-
Mark Kamibaya replied to the topic Structure and Character Arcs in the forum Characters 10 years ago
Hey everyone! Let me try tagging ya’ll @spradlin @theliterarycrusader @winter-rose @overcomer @jess @dragon-snapper @hope @aratrea @clairec @anna-brie @sarah-h
I’m seeing a lot of new faces. Not a lot of the people I used to interact with when the forum began, though. Kind of sad. And happy.
So it seems like people here like the Hero’s Journey,…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@daeus, @ingridrd, @gretald, @kate-flournoy, @jadamae, @anna-brie, emma-flournoy, @dragon-snapper, @blujay, @aratrea, @sarah-h, @winter-rose, @overcomer. I wrote out this long and detailed reply to you all, explaining all the things you were wondering about. And then…I accidentally shut down my computer and lost the whole thing! 🙁 So I’m sorry…[Read more]
-
Sarah Hoven replied to the topic Structure and Character Arcs in the forum Characters 10 years ago
Sure will. @theliterarycrusader @bluejay @claireC @Anna-Brie @overcomer @gretald @jess @timothy-young @dragon-snapper @julia-r @hislittlerose @spradlin @hannah-c @winter-rose @graciekry @aratrea @everyone-else-that-I-missed.
I’ve actually only heard of the Three Act Structure, so I didn’t have the luxury of picking favorites. I’d rather keep…[Read more]
-
BlueJay posted a new activity comment 10 years ago
Thanks @aratrea 🙂
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
I have got BIG news. (No I didn’t just get engaged.) I entered a writing competition a few months ago and the presentation for the prizes was last night. I had just moved out of the 14-18yrs, so I was against adults. *nervous gulp* But here are the results.
Adult short story – Anna’s Savanna – 1st place
Adult poetry – I’m proud to be Australian -…[Read more]-
Wow!! Way to go, @Bluejay! Great work! Congratulations! So proud of you. 😀
-
@kate-flournoy Oh, thanks. 🙂 I was so shocked when it happened. 😀
-
Wow, @bluejay , that’s awesome! 😀
-
I hope we get to read some of this stuff …
-
@overcomer *taps side of nose* You might… *mysterious grin* 😀
And thanks. 🙂
-
-
-
-
That’s fantastic and super exciting! Congratulations! I love the fact that we have amazing KeePers who are sharing their stories. Great work! 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
From stories shared, we learn. 🙂 @christi-eaton I should go in for quote making. 😛
-
You totally should @bluejay 🙂 Who knows I may have to use some of your stuff. I love quotes, and accidentally stumbling across good ones 🙂
-
-
-
Sweet @bluejay! 🙂
-
😉 @daeus Totally (please tell me that you’ve seen Finding Nemo.)
-
@bluejay I have. What does that have to do with this?
-
I got it! 😀
-
@christi-eaton & @julia-r Yay! You got it. 🙂
-
-
-
-
@bluejay– Awesome! That’s so cool! Writing competitions scare me. Way to be brave!
-
@julia-r Writing competitions can be scary. I felt sick as we were driving over. But it is a great reward for all the hard work put into story writing.
-
-
Congratulations! That’s really exciting. You keep writing those stories, and someday you’ll make a difference in the world.
-
@anna-brie I hope to make a difference one day. My younger sister wants to publish a set of stories about a cat called Chaos, that I’ve written, so maybe one day….
-
-
Woo Hoo! Way to go, @bluejay
-
@clairec Thank you. 🙂
-
-
Congratulations, @bluejay!!!!!! That is so exciting!
-
@hope I still can’t believe that it’s happened!!!!!!! Thanks.
-
-
@dragon-snapper Finding writing competitions is definitely hard. I only know one or two.
*grins* No worries. *takes one of the ice creams and sits licking it happily*-
@dragon-snapper For some reason your comment has disappeared. 🙁 Did you want to write a new one? 😉
-
*sniffs pitifully* It doesn’t like me!!! Wahhh!
Anyways, I said something about finding KP in my search for writing competitions, and Congratulations!-
@dragon-snapper I think it was partly my fault. Did you “reply” to the comment I sent to Hope. Cause I found a spelling error in my message, after you had posted, and so I deleted it and made a new message and it probably took yours too. You can go to you history if you wanted to find out what you said.
-
-
-
-
DUDETTE!!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!! *high fives all around* SERIOUSLY AWESOME JOB! I am so proud of you! 😀 😀 😀
-
*returns high five* Ah, thanks Sarah. 😀 😀 😀
-
-
Oh, wow @bluejay! That’s awesome! Much applause! 😀
-
🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 Thank you. 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂
-
Yay!!! That’s so exciting! I would’ve been so nervous to go up against adults. Good for you! 🙂 Would you mind posting Chaos and The Drummer Boy? I’d sure like to read them. 🙂
-
@sarah-h I was nervous. Extremely nervous. I only expected a highly commended. I will definitely let you read Chaos and The Drummer Boy. I shall send them to @spradlin for publishing. (Only with Chaos, it’s a series of stories which if you read number 3. (which this one is) it won’t make much sense. I shall have to send in 1 & 2.
-
@bluejay Great! I can’t wait to read them! 🙂
-
-
-
-
-
Hey, hey! @bluejay That’s awesome! 😀 😀 😀 😀 CONGRATULATIONS. <3
-
Thanks @gretald
-
-
So happy for you, @bluejay! Congratulations!
-
@ingridrd 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 Thanks.
-
-
You rock, dude! (How’s that for a Finding Nemo reference. 😛 )
You won ALL the categories??!!
@BlueJay-
Sweet…..Totally! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 There were more categories, but those four were the ones I entered. 🙂
-
So you won all four of the ones you entered!!
That is just…wow.-
@emma-flournoy I only got an encouragement award for one of the categories. 🙂
-
Oh whoops…it says that. 😛
But still!
-
-
-
-
-
Wow–that’s awesome @bluejay! Congrats!!!
-
Thanks @aratrea 🙂
-
-
@jadamae Thank you. Well, I thought people might get a bit confused as we had just been told BIG news and then I said I had BIG news. 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Aw @winter-rose Thank you.
You guys are all so awesome. 🙂
-
-
ClaireC started the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay, @anna-brie, @sarah-h, @overcomer, @gretald, @ingridrd, @jess, @daeus, @kate-flournoy, @christi-eaton, @acacia-kate, @dragon-snapper, @corissa-maiden-of-praise, @emma-flournoy, @dancefree7, @hope, @winter-rose, @aratrea.
Here’s my book premise. Would you want to read it?
Young and confident missionary Evelyn Kendsol is contributing to…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Christi-Eaton well, Madame Thenardier should be easy anyway. All you have to do is throw things. 😀
Thanks anyway @Aratrea— and definitely read Les Mis. Don’t tell @Daeus, but I like it better than The Count of Monte Cristo and that’s saying a lot. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey guys, has anyone on here read The Hunchback of Notre Dame, by Victor Hugo? I haven’t, but I’m loving Les Miserables to BITS and I’ve been wanting to read it. I thought I’d get others’ opinions before I do, though, because unfortunately I’ve learned that classical authors can write inspiring masterpieces AND complete junk. :/
-
ClaireC posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus, I have no idea how ads on the sides of websites work, but I am continuously seeing ads for Asian dating websites here on KP. There might not be anything you guys can do about it, but if you’re on the team who puts this together, could you potentially look into it? I don’t know, I just kind of thought you guys might have some sort of ad blo…[Read more]
-
@clairec What, you got something against Asians? Ok, forgive me. I get that’s kinda weird.
If I remember, the ads are based on what google thinks you might be interested in. In this case though, it doesn’t seem to be doing a very good job. I don’t think it is very likely KP will take the ads down for the moment as they are just about our only…[Read more]
-
Hey, @daeus, thanks for getting back to me.
No, I have nothing against Asians. 🙂 And yes, the ads are doing a very bad job of seeing what I’m interested in! 🙁 I certainly haven’t been on any dating websites. Weird! I totally understand that KP needs the ads for income, so no need to bother anyone about it. I’ll just get an ad block on my…[Read more]-
@clairec If it’s really bad, sometimes there is a little x and you can close the ad. That’s what I do, if it is terrible.
-
Thanks, @bluejay, I’ve got an ad blocker now. I love it!! 🙂
-
Where’d you get it from @clairec? Maybe I should look into one. Do you know if it works as a stopper on Facebook?
-
@bluejay, It’s called Adblock Plus. My dad put it on for me so I don’t know much about it, except that it blocks ads! 😛 I’m pretty sure it would work on Facebook, but I don’t actually have a Facebook account, so I can’t say for sure. Oh, and it’s free! 🙂
-
-
-
-
-
-
ClaireC started the topic Those Dear, Fuzzy Angels in the forum 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay, @anna-brie, @sarah-h, @overcomer, @gretald, @ingridrd, @jess, @daeus, @kate-flournoy, @christi-eaton, @acacia-kate, @dragon-snapper, @corissa-maiden-of-praise, @emma-flournoy, @dancefree7, @hope, @winter-rose, @aratrea. Here’s a short story I wrote for a school assignment a while ago. It’s a little wordy here and there, a I had to…[Read more]
-
ClaireC started the topic Those Dear, Fuzzy Angels in the forum 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay, @anna-brie, @sarah-h, @overcomer, @gretald, @ingridrd, @jess, @daeus, @kate-flournoy, @christi-eaton, @acacia-kate, @dragon-snapper, @corissa-maiden-of-praise, @emma-flournoy, @dancefree7, @hope, @winter-rose, @aratrea. Here’s a short story I wrote for a school assignment a while ago. It’s a little wordy here and there, a I had to…[Read more]
-
ClaireC started the topic Those Dear, Fuzzy Angels in the forum 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay, anna-brie, @sarah-h, @overcomer, @gretald, @ingridrd, @jess, @daeus, @kate-flournoy, @christi-eaton, @acacia-kate, @dragon-snapper, @corissa-maiden-of-praise, @emma-flournoy, @dancefree7, @hope, @winter-rose, @aratrea. Here’s a short story I wrote for a school assignment a while ago. It’s a little wordy here and there, a I had to…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Other Christian Writing Sites? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@aratrea I’ve never used it, but I know there is a large forum called christianwriters.com
I don’t really know of anything else, but I haven’t exactly looked.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Other Christian Writing Sites? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Knightings of the KeePers. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy LOL! Thank you, m’lady. 🙂
I suppose I should bestow some titles now myself. *strokes imaginary chinbeard* *brandishes staff*
@kate-flournoy: Master of the Dragon Tongue (i.e. Old Englihs)
@writefury: Punmaster
@bluejay: Master Friendmaker
@christi-eaton: Book-reviewing Ninja Apprentice (@aratrea — aka Josiah DeGraaf — is the…[Read more] -
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Knightings of the KeePers. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy LOL! Thank you, m’lady. 🙂
I suppose I should bestow some titles now myself. *strokes imaginary chinbeard*
@kate-flournoy: Master of the Dragon Tongue (i.e. Old Englihs)
@writefury: Punmaster
@bluejay: Master Friendmaker
@christi-eaton: Book-reviewing Ninja Apprentice (@aratrea — aka Josiah DeGraaf — is the Book-reviewing Ninja…[Read more] - Load More

I’m working on it. I have a pretty full schedule right now, so it might be a couple more weeks. (I have a mid-term next Tuesday, a 5k the following Saturday, several musical pieces for church, props to prepare for a play, so yeah. I beta read for relaxation in my spare time. 😉 ) And no, it isn’t terrible; what I’ve read so far has been excellent!…[Read more]
Haha Ah yes, the different spelling.
I just sent you an email, @bluejay . 🙂
Thanks @overcomer I’ve replied. 😉
Of course it’s not terrible!
I think I’m not quite halfway through yet; we’re going to be EXTREMELY busy this week, so it may be in the next couple weeks that I can get it back to you. 🙂
Thank you @emma-flournoy 🙂