@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kathleen replied to the topic TOPIC OF THE WEEK – Who is the best villain in any book/movie of all time? in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll definitely be checking them out.
I haven’t actually read any of the original fairy tale stories before, but my favorite Disney fairy tale would probably be Beauty and the Beast.
Not only is it a lot more interesting story wise to a lot of other Disney Princess movies, but the message is a lot…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic FTOTW – What was a book you read that was bad, but you were hooked anyway? in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi!! I'm new to Kingdom Pen:) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@michelle What about you? 🙂
-
Kathleen replied to the topic FTOTW – What was a book you read that was bad, but you were hooked anyway? in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
Ah yes, the difference between interesting movies verses movies that are interesting to watch.
If your watching with some good friends it can be really fun to just laugh at movies. Especially cheesy ones with bad acting.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic TOPIC OF THE WEEK – Who is the best villain in any book/movie of all time? in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
I never hear the original version of The Little Mermaid! It’s so much more interesting and has much better message than the Disney version.
Though I get why Disney changed it. As much as I love stories where the main character sacrifices their life for someone or something they love, unfortunately I don’t think a Disney Princess movie…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic TOPIC OF THE WEEK – Who is the best villain in any book/movie of all time? in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
The Scarlet Pimpernel is one of the books on my “to read” list!
Is there a specific thing that you like in a villain/antagonist most that makes them your favorite?
-
Kathleen replied to the topic I'm baaack in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
Welcome back to the forum!
I want to write a ton this summer as well! And hopefully finish a novel or two.
What kind of music do you like?
-
Kathleen replied to the topic FTOTW – What was a book you read that was bad, but you were hooked anyway? in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Kathleen replied to the topic FTOTW – What was a book you read that was bad, but you were hooked anyway? in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
If that doesn’t prove how important characters are, I don’t know what does!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi!! I'm new to Kingdom Pen:) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@michelle I like a lot of them! Fullmetal Alchemist, Monster, Devil is a Part Timer, Bungou Stray Dogs…I’m currently on Banana Fish and Assassination Classroom.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi!! I'm new to Kingdom Pen:) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@michelle Basically I read enough of the Naruto wiki to know everything about it, but after revealing to a bunch of guys after a long Naruto convo that I didn’t watch anime, they basically went on a long tirade on how I should, and thus, I fell into the anime hole. Well, usually I don’t have enough time so I read a lot more manga.
-
Lin replied to the topic I Must Say Hello! in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@millennium Yeah! Covers all the things that a novel should cover. Conflict, theme, characters…
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi!! I'm new to Kingdom Pen:) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@michelle I’m very bad at cooking, but I know how to bake. I don’t watch TV but I do watch anime (which counts, I guess) and my top three (in no particular order) are 91 Days, Zankyou no Terror, and Your lie in April. What about you?
-
Kathleen started the topic FTOTW – What was a book you read that was bad, but you were hooked anyway? in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
This week’s forum topic!
What is a book or tv series you’ve read or watched that was really bad, but still had you hooked anyway?What kept you reading even though it wasn’t very good?
-
Lin replied to the topic TOPIC OF THE WEEK – Who is the best villain in any book/movie of all time? in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming Your words ring very true. Thank you for the reminder.
Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll be sure to check them out once libraries open again.
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi!! I'm new to Kingdom Pen:) in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@michelle I live in MA, and usually it fluctuates between hot and cold and just staying a very chilly tone. Sometimes warm, and then it’s nice. Cookies are very good! Hard or soft ones?
-
Lin replied to the topic TOPIC OF THE WEEK – Who is the best villain in any book/movie of all time? in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming I’m afraid I’ve only read And Then There Were None and Murder On The Orient Express. I should read more of her, though. I love her writing.
I guess mainly I want to portray “messed up people doing messed up things in a messed of world”, because honestly, that really is what life is like, right? Just different degrees of “messed up”.
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming Haha no worries! Any poetry of yours is welcome in my inbox XD
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years, 4 months ago
@leon-fleming I think you should know I received an email with a poem in it. It was very nice. I might specify that it’s your poem XD
-
Lin replied to the topic TOPIC OF THE WEEK – Who is the best villain in any book/movie of all time? in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 4 months ago
@kathleenramm I really like villains in general, but they have to have some sort of element to them that I like. For example, I really disliked Count Olaf, but he was a really great villain.
So my saga has a wide cast of characters, all of whom appear in some way or another. A character may be a hero in one book but a villain in another,…[Read more]
- Load More
