Hi!! I’m new to Kingdom Pen:)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi!! I’m new to Kingdom Pen:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Black
    @michelle
      • Total Posts: 87

Heya! I am so excited Kingdom Pen is reopened! Allow me to introduce myself My name is Michelle, I live in California, me and my family just moved (to another part of California) I am 18 years old and I am homeschooled, I have been one my entire life:) once a homeschooler always a homeschooler, right? I have been writing for four years and I’m editing a short story and getting a book ready for publication. I  enjoy reading, writing, cooking tasty treats, and crafting. I am so excited to meet you guys! 🙂

Bella B.
      @ashlyvye
        • Total Posts: 96

@michelle Hey!! It’s awesome to meet you, I’m glad you’re here!

Ah, yes! Once a homeschooler, always a homeschooler. I’m 14 and in 9th grade, and while I’m a social butterfly and want to go to school, the idea seems rather restricting to me XD

That’s so awesome! What’s the book about that you’re getting ready to publish?

What books do you like to read?

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

Michelle Black
        @michelle

Hi Bella! us home-school kids have got to stick together;) I wanted to go to school when I was younger, I thought it would be fun and exciting, except for the school drama, the mountain of homework, and sitting in at a desk all day lol.

I’m publishing my children’s book it’s based on my stuffed animals, so I am very connected to the characters. It teaches life lessons, but does it if a very fun and funny way.

Oh that’s a hard question to answer XD I like all sorts of books. I am reading a book right now that I am almost done with *wipes tears from eye because I don’t want it to end*  It’s called The Green Mile, It’s such a great book!! you have to read it:) the message is so good and you get to know and fall in love with the characters right off the bat.

Are you writing a book Bella? if so, what is it about, also what books do you like to read?

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
          @william-starkey
            • Total Posts: 634

@michelle Hi, Michelle! Welcome to the Kingdom Pen! I live in California, too, and I’m going back to being homeschooled this next school year. What sorts of writing to you write? Do you like coffee? And what’s your opinion of raspberries and water buffalos?

Michelle Black
            @michelle

@leon-fleming Hi Leon! Thanks I’m excited to be here. Californians eh:) Can you tell me which city of California you live in? I live in Oceanside. Which do you like better, going to school or homeschool? and why.

Oh I write all sorts of stuff, the short story I am editing is sort of historical fantasy.

Oh yes I like coffee, especially the fancy ones;) my thoughts on raspberries and water buffalos…. together? lol Well, I love raspberry jam and as for the buffalo, I have any beef with them LOL 😛 *tries to see if I pulled off a successful pun*  Love your crazy questions by the way.  Okay now it’s my turn.

How do you feel about pink elephants and lemonade? Also for a bonus  How tall are you? I am 4’10” yeah I know, I am very tiny for being an 18-year-old girl XD

@william-starkey

@michelle Sure! (It’s pretty great here; I used to be on Story Embers and I met a group of teenagers all my age and all born around the same time in the same year as me. The weird part, though, was that we all had a lot of the same interests, and there were some strange similarities. XD)

Sure; I live just west of Chico, which is north of Sacramento and south of Redding. Can you see the ocean from your house?

I would definitely pick homeschool; for one, going to school means going into town for the majority of days in a week. Secondly, I’ve learned much more doing homeschooling than I have going to school. I haven’t gone to public school, but for a couple years now I’ve been going to two charter schools. Which means I used to go to school two or three days per week for several different classes. Thirdly, homeschooling is much more memorable than going to school. Fourthly, if I hadn’t done homeschooling for the better part of my education, I wouldn’t have the same interests as I have now, and those things are really interesting. XD Fifthly, I can do my homeschool schoolwork a lot faster than at another school. I’m home, it’s quiet, and I can focus on the material. Sixthly, you waste lots of time at public and charter schools, whereas at homeschooling, you can get your schoolwork done fast, and you’ll have learned something, and for the most part, homeschooling makes learning a lot more interesting than public school or charter schools for that matter. Ummm…and seventhly, you can eat and drink stuff and foods while doing the school; and you don’t have to sit in chairs all day long.

Nice! Do you write poetry?

Me too; in fact, I’m about to go make one right now. Do you like Starbucks? Unfortunately, mine’s closed. But at least it keeps me from spending money! XD

XD Yes, well; I love raspberry jam, too. Though I prefer the raspberries a lot more! Raspberries are my favorite fruit. XD Hey, well everybody’s got a water buffalo.

Thanks! Crazy, absurd, and totally out-of-the-blue questions are somewhere in one of my fortes. Speaking of lice, what’s your favorite kind of beetle? The furry ones or the half-mollusks?

OOOoooo; pink elephants are great, though only because they put on parades. And as for lemonade, I love the stuff. Though it leads for quite a lot of depressing memories. For instance, once I had a lemonade stand. But nobody bought any of my stuff! (Of course it was winter and all…but that’s besides the point.) I moved away soon after that.

Oh, I’m somewhere around 5’11”, though I’m more towards six foot that the 5’11”, if you know what I mean.

XD Hey, well there’re a lot of short people in my family, so that’s okay. For example, my younger sister is thirteen and she’s 4’9″. Not even gonna mention my great-grandma’s height. XD

Michelle Black
                @michelle

@leon-fleming Cool beans!! The people who we bought our house from moved to Sacramento. Sadly we can’t see the ocean from our house, but we are pretty close to the beach (very close;) Do you like the beach or the mountains?  Like I told Bella B. At one point I wanted to go to school because I heard so much about it from friends, and I felt like I was missing out on something, until I found out about all the school drama, the mountain of homework, and sitting in at a desk all day. And yes not being able to eat and drink when I want is a very big problem in my book lol. Food is very important.

Okay, you are going to scram but….. I have never been to Starbucks!! and these days are good for keeping people from over shopping:)

I like totally out-of-the-blue questions, it makes me think. I like to ask are very random questions, some may say I’m weird and that might be for the best lol.

No, the furry beetles and the half-mollusks are your favorites XD I don’t like beetles, I like moths LOL. No, I actually don’t like bugs except for ladybugs and caterpillars.

Aww, that’s so sad, *feels bad for child Leon* When I was a wee little Michelle (littler)  me and my sister had a lemonade stand too, and our fate was the same as yours lol, but we lived on kind of a cul de sac, so that didn’t help things. But hey, since no one bought any of it we drunk it all.

I haven’t written poetry yet but I plan on trying, I have never been very good at it though. I am taking a very wild guess that you write too lol What kind of stuff do you write:)

Wow, you’re tall:) Your sister is just an inch shorter than I am, but she will probably grow a couple more inches. I love short little old ladies XD they a cute little teddy bears.

Now I just gotta ask you this, I never asked a guy this before so you will be the guinea pig XD

With all the stupidest stuff about the short girls vs. tall girls controversy LOL, Which do you prefer? XD

Kathleen
                  @kathleenramm
                    • Total Posts: 635

@michelle

Welcome to the forum!

What kind of tasty treats do you like baking/cooking?

I personally love baking chocolate chip cookies.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Kathleen.
                    @william-starkey

@michelle Lucky! Well, I like both the mountains and the ocean. Though I like the ocean (specifically the Pacific) much more than I like mountains. Yeah, going to school isn’t all it seems to be! XD Plus that food thing is a serious problem. XD

Speaking of food, do you like whipped cream raspberries, and coffee? And have you ever tried  strawberries dipped in whipped cream?

Ohhhhhhhhh…..ouch. XD You do like coffee, though, right?

XD Okay! I like to ask totally out of the blue questions, so I’ll keep your brain working. XD

XDXD Okay, I’ll keep all the strange beetles with their juices to myself. 😛 I like ladybugs and caterpillars, too; the ladybugs, because you can stick your hand into a bucket of them and you won’t get bitten, and the caterpillars because they have the uncommon trait of changing their names into remarkable smooth and butter-like consistencies. What’s your opinion on goats?

XD Hey! Well you gotta stay positive! I never actually had a lemonade stand, since mine was eaten by the red grass machines. And even those are only gotten from lawn boys. But they’ve always got a thing about being rich, so I always stick to the taller trees.

*whispers* Just between you and me, *looks around* I think ferrets are delicious.

Hey, cool! I can help you write some poetry if you’d like. XD Yep! I definitely write. In fact, I’ve written so much, that I’ve published a book of poetry. Which stands to reason that I write poetry, of course. XD

As for what stuff I write, I write poetry and fantasy, and I’ve had some ideas for some mystery novels. Quite good ideas, if I might add. Have you read any Agatha Christie?

Thanks! Yeeeeaaahhhh…I’m not too sure about those couple of inches. She’s hovered there for quite a long time now! XD But WHO KNOWS? Maybe she’ll surprise us all!

Okay, cool; I’ve always wanted to be a guinea pig before. XD Actually, I’ve never heard much about the short vs. tall, but I’ll answer anyways.

I don’t. That is, I don’t prefer taller to shorter, or shorter to taller. I mean, I would definitely rather be taller than my future wife (if one); that would be a little weird if I wasn’t! XD But that doesn’t mean I don’t like tall girls, either. I’d rather look at character.

Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin
                      @not-so-secret-secret-assassin
                        • Total Posts: 133

What’s up?

Welcome to the Kingdom.

In your opinion, which one is better? How to Train Your Dragon or Toy Story?

(There is a correct answer so please choose wisely)

Flawless and handsome (as ruled by my grandmother.)

Erin G
                        @erinramm
                          • Total Posts: 24

@michelle

Hi Michelle! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

I was homeschooled for most of my school life too. So glad that I skipped all that school drama too. Without homeschool, I probably wouldn’t have picked up writing. Or anything else fun for that matter.

Oooh, crafting? What kind of crafting do you like to do? What are some of your favorite books? And… do you like ice cream?

Michelle Black
                          @michelle

@kathleenramm Thanks. I love to make chocolate coverd strawberries! Cookies with dark and White chocolate chips, I next want to make cookies with m&ms. Chocolate chip cookies are always the best!! You like baking too!!? I wish I could taste your cookies:) What do you like to write?(big topic switch lol) PS. Love Cookie Monster XD

Michelle Black
                            @michelle

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin Hi Glad to be here! Love your username:) which movie is better? Oh boy……*begins to feel like I’m on Jeopardy or Wheel of fortune* Well There are a lot of HTTYD fans out there, and it is a big major franchise. However Toy Story changed animation and it doesn’t really have very many vocal fans, but I love to hear that it has fans. I’m gonna have to go with Toy Story! (Prepares to get pie thrown in face for wrong answer) I like it because My man Tom Hanks is in it!!! He is a smexy beast (in his younger days) Plus he played in my favorite movie The Green Mile!! It is such a good movie:) I am almost done reading the book!! You have to read and watch it. DO IT lol I want someone to share my love for it with me😂 ya know. Here is the link for the movie trailer please watch it, and tell me does it stir up fascination

Michelle Black
                              @michelle

@erinramm Hi Erin! *gives high five* yay for home schoolers!! *throws confetti* Yes going to school eats up a lot of time, it also takes time away from being with your family. I have started a card ministry where I make homemade cards for kids:) I could show you guys some. As for my favorite book lol it changes over timeXD buyt right now I love The Green Mile, I highly recommended it, it has great characters and plot. It takes place in the 1930s at a penitentiary. ( you can probably see the trailer I left for not so secret secret assassination lol. It’s so good) Its written by Stephen King (he is my favorite author XD

What do you like to do for fun? And what are some of your favorite books?:) and Yes I love Ice cream, all the flavors please:) Do you like it too? If so what is your favorite flavor?

Michelle Black
                                @michelle

@leon-fleming

food is sacred, its a lifestyle XD and don’t you forget it lol I have never tried the three all together *begans to make a shopping list to get the ingredients, so I can try it* I love whipped cream and strawberries!!! One time I had a bad sugar craving so I snuck them in my room, I was going to have a bit of whipped creamthen put it back in the fridge, I put it under my mattres until I could secretly put it back in the fridge. But I forget about it and my sister found it when we were going to move in two days LOL That was embarrassing XD *comforts Leon after hearing of my life without Starbucks* Yes I still love coffee:) I did step foot in a Starbucks, does that count?? Yes you can keep BeetleJuice to yourself lol. Would you stick your hand in a bucket of bugs?😏I held a boa constrictor!!! True story, and I didn’t even mind it( I’m no sissy lol) my opinion on goats is… They are very famous farm animal, because you can get milk from them, they make cute babies too!! They are just not my animal of choice:) what are your thought on them? Talk to kids out there, let’s get it out there XD Oh would you help me? Could you help me? I would love you help:) you published a book!!! How cool! What is it called? I would like very much to see your work, even you stories. *looks at you with very carefully* how do you know what ferrets taste like? Did you ask them?😏 I haven’t read Agatha Christie, I want to through.  I like it when guys like character over appearance *gives standing ovation*  Now for my weird and random questions XD How do you feel about cows, dwarfs and peanut butter? 😛 What do you think about strawberries and whipped cream and also I know you have a sister what’s her name and do you have any other siblings?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >