@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Lin replied to the topic What Makes a Mystery? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j According to Google, the definition of mystery is: “a novel, play, or movie dealing with a puzzling crime, especially a murder.”
I haven’t read that many mysteries in my lifetime, but I did enjoy the ones which I did read. I think that a good mystery is one which allows the reader to guess at what is going to happen, and make it…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
lol thanks
-
ella replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
My favorite character is probably Seia, who I’m writing about now.  She’s always been told she is nothing, but she is the type of person who can’t be beaten.  She’s resilient but gentle (and slightly competitive 😉) and all she wants is to be loved.
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
YAY!!!!
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j Thank you! I’ll post it after editing some parts and I’ll be sure to tag you!
-
ella replied to the topic What is a popular book that you dislike? Why do you dislike it? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
Take that back. (please😁) What are you talking about?? Those books are so good!!!!!
-
Lin replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@ugroza Fun topic! Ahh I have way too many characters…and I do like all of them to some degree…
I feel like the more complex my character is, the more I like them, but I also feel like half the time it’s only pity. There are ones which are fun to write, of course. Hmm…
I’ll have to think about this for a little while! Who is your favorite…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j Your collages look fantastic! I really like the frames you chose for the quotes for your characters.
Here is a collage for a short story of mine that I’ll probably ask for critique on in the near future…

-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Here’s Daisy’s—-if you’d like me to make any changes, let me know. (Keaton’s is in progress)

-
Lin replied to the topic Playlists in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j Aight here is the playlist I just made for one of my short stories, “I Hid Beneath My Umbrella So the Adults Wouldn’t See Me Cry”, which is a mouthful so I just call it “Umbrella”. I tried to order it best I could with transitions that match the mood as well as songs that matched the different parts of the story.
<iframe…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
What do your characters look like?
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Y’know I think maybe we should create a new Writer’s Corner…this one seems to be glitching…
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@writerlexi1216 If the folder button isn’t working, then it’s probably a bug. Otherwise, you could try pinning your image to Pinterest and then using the URL.
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j To be completely honest, creating collages and stuff have helped me to get to know my characters a little bit better, since usually they’re just an idea until I start developing them on paper. To me, we’re like two strangers until I start writing them, haha.
-
Lin replied to the topic Today I read… in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@seekjustice It does have a lot of good themes! Really helped for my class, since they were easy to remember.
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@abigail-m Thanks!
@nova21 I use Canva! It’s a really nice design thingy.
@gracie-j Thanks! That was quite fun, I really want to make some more now.
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
That’s perfect!!
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
Thanks so much!!!!!!! 😆
Please don’t die! Of course I’ll design some for you!! What I do for mine is I create a list of 5-7 aesthetic words that I think of when I imagine that character. For example, my MC, Seia, makes me think of these things:
Flowers
Difference
Lore
Courage
Sunrise
SpiritMy other character, Ma…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Good evening in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 9 months ago
Ooookaaayy!!!!! That makes sense 😉
- Load More
