-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@writefury You’re back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Well done. I admire your self control. *takes one ice cream too* -
BlueJay replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@rolena-hatfield My story is about a ten year old German girl who is in England at the start of WWI.
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy Yes! I once read a book that I thought was based completely on historical events, and then there was a note at the end letting me know that the main characters were both fictional and yes this one person was real but not everything happened exactly the way we had to portray it in this condensed setting… and it’s just like,…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@writefury
YAY! You’re back!!! Glad to have you on the forum again. 🙂 🙂 🙂 -
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@writefury A BM topic would be AWESOME. Maybe then some of the people on here who’ve been missing out would finally get curious enough to check it out. 😀
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper I think it’s because it’s something we haven’t personally experienced, but that sounds enthralling. A sense of adventure, like you said. Just as the idea of unknown lands magnetized explorers like Leif and Columbus, so the idea of mythical things captivates us today. We’ve discovered our entire planet (well, we don’t know…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic How Would One Write a Screenplay, Exactly? in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@mark-kamibaya @Julia-r @corissa-maiden-of-praise Thanks guys! That was very helpful! 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@writefury OH! OH! I remember!!! (well, maybe that’s because I started it.) What can I say: I’m a dragon.
Speaking of which, why do we as writers like fantasy and made up stuff so much? Is there any explanation for being magnetized towards that stuff. I find that I like it because of my sense of adventure. And maybe that’s just how I was raised.…[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
YAY!!! YOU CAME BACK!!! 😀 😀 😀
Oh, wait, I’m technically one of the “new people,” aren’t I? 😉
So, here’s a re-welcome to the bestiestest place on the internet! 😀 It’ll be fun to have you around again, even if it is only off and on. 😀
And thanks for the ice cream @Daeus! 😀 *takes ONE* Don’t worry, @bluejay, no tummy aches today. 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@writefury
Hiya! I’m one of those newer people. I haven’t been on here for six months, but I didn’t just hatch. So I’m that place in between where I’m neither old dragon nor egg. I’m a young dragon, looking to make my way as a writer. Some people find it impossible for dragons to write, but @kate-flournoy and I manage it pretty well. Don’t worry,…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@write-fury
Hiya! I’m one of those newer people. I haven’t been on here for six months, but I didn’t just hatch. So I’m that place in between where I’m neither fossil nor egg. I’m a young dragon, looking to make my way as a writer. Some people find it impossible for dragons to write, but @kate-flournoy and I manage it pretty well. Don’t worry,…[Read more] -
BlueJay and
Sierra are now friends 9 years, 11 months ago
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise and
Rosey Mucklestone are now friends 9 years, 11 months ago -
BlueJay replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
6,097 words total at the moment. I managed to write 3633 words today so I’m pretty please with that.
Thanks for the encouragement @rolena-hatfield 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@overcomer I got 2550 words written. I’m very pleased with that and I love where my story is heading. Thanks for writing with me. 🙂 Normally I don’t get to write with anyone on Wednesdays as I am out in (my) morning.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@overcomer Are you still writing?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@overcomer Yes, I am. Hopefully for some time. 🙂 I need to get my word score up.
@jess Thanks for writing with me. Yes, it’s grapes. (We don’t have crazy plants here in Australia) *dignified sniff* just kidding. We actually do have some weird plants and I’m sure I haven’t seen half of them. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@overcomer & @jess I can write too. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic British beta-readers?? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
@hannah-krynicki
I actually was just in England this summer! I have some British friends, who I’m sure would be happy to help you out. Also, I do know a bit about British culture and accents (I’ve done British accents for some plays before), and I’d be happy to answer any questions that I can answer. 🙂 -
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy Indeed. 😀 I still won’t swim in the ocean though; I’m a bit paranoid about sharks. Not really technically afraid of them, I think I’d be willing to swim with them in an aquarium, but I’d much rather stay out of the ocean where I might be accidentally mistaken for a meal. 😉
- Load More
