-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy So, I had a little help from a sibling, but I think its from when he’s talking to Balin in Bilbo’s house. f
-
Snapper replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths Well for me, to generate ideas, I may have to plan a story world. Maps are my favorite part, the describing not so much. I usually include cultures and major places, but you’re right/write about tailoring your worlds to fit the stories. Although I first-handly plan my world, things change as I write. I basically allow myself leeway,…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Children story ideas in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay Well, are you going to be doing a story in modern times or back whenever? That’s the first question you should ask yourself. Then, whichever time frame you decide to use, think what some problems a child might go through are in that setting. That’s if you want to come up with anything…just a starting point.
As for ideas, I’ve got…[Read more] -
BlueJay started the topic Children story ideas in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey guys. I have found it very hard to come up with an idea for a child’s book. The idea needs to be about “real” people doing “real” things – no witches, wizards, ghosts, goblins, fairies or
their ilk. Stories about animals are fine; stories with talking animals are not. the story must be 500-1500 words in length and aimed at 5-8 year olds.…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Wow, this one is a good one. I can’t.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Well, I have ideas, but I don’t hae one that I can use plotwise. Well, I do, but I’m getting out of writer’s block by editing. I hope it works. Trust me, I have ideas, I just don’t know how to use them. And for some reason, I can’t imagine a dragon wearing glasses. 😛
@daeus Give them back, or I’ll melt this chair! *holds out your…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy @daeus @his-instrument I ended up editing through 3 and a 1/2 pages.
@daeus WEEE!!! That’ll be fun.
@kate-flournoy Wowsers. Good job! It’ll be nice to get back to writing…as soon as I have a good enough idea. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus @kate-flournoy YAYAY! We’re all here! Been forever, hasn’t it?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Aragorn? or Thorin.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Aragorn?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy I don’t know… Lord of the Rings??? Oh I can’t think…can’t think. Sounds so familiar. 😛 HE-ELP -HINT-.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy I have absolutely no idea… Hint… or something like it.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Of Bad Guys and Beasts in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal WAIAIAIAIAIT!!!! Ahem. A dragon is never late. They arrive precisely when they meant to. Now. I prefer………slua. *nods head* My work here is done. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths The Brotherband Chronicles is another series by Flanagan. They are about a group of boys from Skandia, another place in the world of Ranger’s Apprentice. They occur about 10 or so years before Ranger’s Apprentice, and I find them very enjoyable so far. The sixth book just came out, but I haven’t read it yet. Not yet… You should…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@jess That’s terrible. Will be praying for the family. And for your dad too.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister Yep. That’s why I never say anything much. Glad I’m not the only one.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister If you don’t want to explain your name, that’s fine. I didn’t and still haven’t. It’s part of the dragon intelligence. Top Secret and all that. 😛
Ah, I want to start composing music. I play both guitar and piano, but don’t ask me which I prefer. I love both.
Sci-fi…Hmmm…Well, I heard that it was Star Warsy on some other forum…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths
Greetings!
I here welcome you to the fantasgreatiest place on the internets (the other words were taken, so I make my own.) 😛
Ah Ranger’s Apprentice is a good series. Have you ever read the Brotherband series? I’m working on that one.
I find modern fiction very hard to write. Its hard for me to not include swords and bows…and…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister
Hello and welcome to… (wait for it) the bestistest place on the internet (you didn’t see that coming, did you?)! 😉
You compose music?! That’s really neat! What instrument do you use? Or do you sing the songs you compose?
So true that the entertainment industry is an untapped mission field. Like Daeus said, you have some great goals. 🙂 -
Greta replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths
Welcome, welcome, welcome! I love that you say “mum.” In my opinion, it sounds so much better than “mom.” I was blessed to go to England this summer, and ever since I got back, I’ve started calling my mom “mum.” It gets on her nerves a bit, though. 😛
I totally agree about writing Christian novels that aren’t preachy…preachy…[Read more] - Load More
