-
Snapper changed their profile picture 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Co-writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@princessfoo Hiya! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internets!
Hmmm. Well, I’ve co-written some, though I haven’t done it in a bit. First thing I would ask is if your characters are going to cross paths at some point. I suggest discussing where each of you are going with your own plots, if you haven’t already. That way you can understand…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hello There in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@widdrim Obi-Wan is my favorite in the prequels, and Han Solo is mine in the originals.
I’ve been playing for six months or so now… 😛 But I’ve been playing guitar for 2-4 years.
@graciegirl Ah, I’ve seen Rogue One as well. -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy Glad you like it! 😛
*goes to find new profile pic* -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy well, I just made it my profile pic. He’s been cropped quite a bit… 😛
-
Snapper changed their profile picture 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy Well, I drew Handil, but can’t figure how to get him on here…what is a URL?
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy Oh! I definitely see Cress. I like it. I can’t wait for the day when I can draw more myself. Hopefully I can do something tonight.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
Guys this conversation makes my day everytime I procrastinate with school work and drop in here. Because I don’t have time to do any art lately *cries softly* but I have a brand new character I’m curious to see if anyone could her draw before I end up giving her a shot myself.
Her name is Cressida Thistlewood. (goes by Cress) In this odd world…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@perfectfifths I totally would, but unfortunately, I don’t have time for any drawing right now. It’s my finals week. Maybe I can next week sometime if you still want me to do it.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Ellen [Short Story] in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
@Abigail-Blomberg FEELINGS! I actually really enjoyed reading this and it was so good I’ll forgive you for breaking my heart. 😀 Good job on this one.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@perfectfifths Thank you, and aye, she does look a little like her. 😀
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago

See, I have the opposite problem as many here. I drew this pic a little while ago and it is still bothering me because I have no clue who she is. So if any of you have a character she fits (or want to make one up) go ahead because I need a name for her. 😀 Also, I’m loving looking at everyone’s art.
-
Julia R. posted an update 9 years, 7 months ago
Hey, I’d like to start building up my summer reading list! Going on a looonnggg vacation and need a few recommendations. So: good books? I like fantasy and the like, not a big fan of romance or horror novels. @graciegirl @overcomer @r-j-wordsmith @Rachelle @Dragon-Snapper @northerner @perfectfifths @Ethryndal @Brandon-Miller @the-bean @Julia-R @Gid…[Read more]
-
Ooh ooh what about Tales of Goldstone Wood series by Anne Elizabeth Stengl. I really love the ones I’ve read of that and they’re really beautiful fantasy and allegory-ish too. Super well written.
-
The Youngest Templar Trilogy by Michael Spradlin (not this @spradlin)
The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson
All of the Ranger’s Apprentice books by John Flanagan (unless, of course, you’ve read those)
The Brotherband Chronicles by John Flanagan
In Search of Honor by Donnalynn Hess
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
The Hero’s Guide to Saving…[Read more]-
@dragon-snapper LOL. Ironically enough, my favorite genre to write is medieval fantasy.
-
@spradlin Haha! That is too funny!
-
-
-
The Space trilogy by Paul Regnier and A Time to Die trilogy by Nadine Brandes.
-
-
And another thought that I just had would be: Orphan’s Song (Gillian Bronte Adams), or A Wish Made of Glass (Ashlee Willis) – both fantasy. 🙂
-
Pendragon’s Heir by Suzannah Rowntree. Arthurian legend and historical fantasy plus time-travel. Also a great book in its own right. Be prepared for an authour who asks hard moral questions and doesn’t give easy answers. Has a bit of romance but even I (who can’t talk about romance at all without getting snarky) liked it.
-
-
I’ve got too many recommendations.
Ilyon Chronicles by Jaye L. Knight
Blades of Acktar series by Tricia Mingerink.
Finding Angel by Kat Heckenbach
Tales of Taelis series by Sarah Holman
Annabeth’s War and Captive of Raven Castle by Jessica Greyson.-
The Gammage Cup, by Carol Kendall
I just finished reading that a couple weeks ago, and can’t stop raving about it. Fantasy. No romance. No horror. Just a lovely, light read.
-
-
Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. More of a sci-fi than a fantasy, but it’s a must read. I recommend it to everyone.
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard is fantastic, though if you get it you should probably get the sequel alongside it and spare yourself the suspense.
If you’ve never read Little Men (yes: men. not women) by Lousia May Alcott you need…[Read more]
-
Patrick W. Carr’s “The Staff and the Sword” trilogy was a really refreshing fantasy to me. =) Also “The Scarlet Pimpernel” (not fantasy) was really good.
-
Can’t wait to check some of these out!!! I will have lots to read this summer! Thanks, everyone! Oh, and I have read Johnny Tremain, but it’s been a *few* years, so thanks for mentioning it! I think I’ll go to my bookshelf and re-read it now!
-
I’m in the middle of reading Virals by Kathy Rieches (the original mind behind BONES)… it’s so, so good! I highly recommend it. Just throwing that out there in case you’re still needing some more reading material. 😉
-
-
-
Julia R. replied to the topic *thinks of some uncliche way to say hi* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Jane-Maree awesome! Love to visit there and Tasmania and pretty much everywhere.
-
Julia R. replied to the topic *thinks of some uncliche way to say hi* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Jane-Maree : Yup. Australia is 100% on the bucket list now! I like blue skies and lots of bright stars and diverse landscapes!!! If you don’t mind sharing, what region of Australia do you live in?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hello There in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@widdrim My favorite era…probably the originals, with Luke and Leia, though I did enjoy the Force Awakens thoroughly. I asked if you liked Star Wars because every time I read “Hello There”, I see Obi-Wan Kenobi, dropping from the ceiling and into the midst of a gazillion clankers. Then there’s General Greivous, “General Kenobi.” 😛
@graciegirl…[Read more] -
Julia R. replied to the topic *thinks of some uncliche way to say hi* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Jane-Maree welcome! I’ve been a really horrible person and haven’t been on Kingdom Pen in forever, but I popped back because it is the bestiest place on the Web. I hope you enjoy it!!!
As an American with severe wanderlust issues (I spend hours drooling over gorgeous pictures on Google Earth), I need to ask you: what’s the coolest thing…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hi people! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Jason Greetings!
Trust me when I say this: you will learn sooo much about writing here. I’ve been writing for three years, but I’ve learned so much more of the ‘dynamics’ from when I joined. It’s great! - Load More
