@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Finished! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Kina-Lamb
@Arella-Noreen
@DelightInLife
@GracieGirl
@Rachelle
@R-J-Wordsmith
@GabrielleMassman
@Dragon-Snapper
@Abigail-Blomberg
@bluejay
@daeus
@Northerner
@Emma-L
@Leumeister
@PerfectFifths
@I-J-Anderson
@NatalieMarie
@Rebelutoinary
@Ethryndal
@Writefury
@Sierra-R
@SleepwalkingMK
@Brandon-Miller
@R-E-P
@The-Bean
@Anne-of-Lothlorien
@ZCPeterson
@…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 6 months ago
Hey, friends, see if you can help me brainstorm for a bit.
So far, about fifty people have taken the reader behavior survey. That’s pretty awesome. Fifty people can show us some neat things about reader behavior, but we’re going to need a lot more need more if we’re hoping for reliable and detailed data.
So maybe my outlook was too limited.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
@Alia thank you. 😀 She was lots of fun to draw. I love red hair.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 6 months ago
KeePers everywhere!
1,000 strong. That’s my goal.
I am thrilled to announce the launch of the new Reader Behavior Survey. If you haven’t already read through this thread, the Reader Behavior Survey is a survey I put together that asks readers detailed questions to probe into how they think and what influences them. “Why?” you ask. Well, these…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
@Alia well, here she is… I decided to break out the colored pencils after *cough* ten years and as a result the picture ended up looking a little scratchy… but here you are just the same. 😉

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
@Alia I want to try Hadassah Lin. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Northerner I have no idea where my first post went. Here. Have it again.
Okay guys.
@Hope gave me a book with three of G.K. Chesterton’s novels in it as an early birthday present, and though I have only read one of them so far it completely blew my mind.
It was The Ball and the Cross.Has anyone else read it? If so, can we please discuss how…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Okay guys.
@Hope gave me a book with three of G.K. Chesterton’s novels in it as an early birthday present, and though I have only read one of them so far it completely blew my mind.
It was The Ball and the Cross.Has anyone else read it? If so, can we please discuss how amazing it is? If you haven’t read it… don’t waste another minute of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Okay guys.
@Hope gave me a book with three of G.K. Chesterton’s novels in it as an early birthday present, and though I have only read one of them so far it completely blew my mind.
It was The Ball and the Cross.Has anyone else read it? If so, can we please discuss how amazing it is? If you haven’t read it… don’t waste another minute of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Okay guys.
@Hope gave me a book with three of G.K. Chesterton’s novels in it as an early birthday present, and though I have only read one of them so far it completely blew my mind.
It was The Ball and the Cross.Has anyone else read it? If so, can we please discuss how amazing it is? If you haven’t read it… don’t waste another minute of your…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic Spring Writing/Reading Goals in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Fall and Winter months are over, and that’s crazy, but its true. Just yesterday I made the Fall and Winter Goals topic. Or maybe that wasn’t yesterday, but either way, it feels like that.
Well, I was able to complete my goal last time, finishing my novel before the appointed time, and since it worked so nicely last time, I figured I’d make…[Read more] -
Joy Mastron replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@alia All the time. Most certain characters have a coherent wardrobe, style wise. But sometimes, especially if they have a very bubbly or diva-like personality, their wardrobe can always be different. I stick to the same color palette most of the time. Blondes tend to wear light blues. Girls with dark hair but colored eyes match their clothes to…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@alia Yeah, I do that sometimes when figuring out exactly what they’re wearing, especially when they have many layers, like coats and cloaks and shirts and skirts 🙂
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Northerner replied to the topic Magic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Alia, what Kate said.
I like to compare magic (supernatural power used by humans/humanish creatures) to words. Words are used, if you think about it, in a lot of the ways magic is. You can use words to change the way people think or act, for example. Now, some people use words to do bad things — to tear people down, or to get people to do bad…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper I would disagree. The definitions are wrong. Sorcery in our world is demonic power, and since our fantasy worlds should be copies of God’s nature and God’s creation, sorcery should be bad in fantasy worlds as well. Spells and dark incantations and witches and the like should always be portrayed as bad. I do not think you…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Magic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@alia
*stares at laptop for really long time* Um…
Well, I had once written half a book of a highly magical fantasy wizards/magicians type story; the MC had magic and the Antagonist had magic etc. However, I was convicted against using such elements in my stories when I read about how much God hates sorcery (Galatians 5:20) I was convicted and…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Alia ha! I feel ya. 😛 Not a problem. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Josiah DeGraaf started the topic Stereotype/Archetype Suggestions for KP Cinema? in the forum Film 9 years, 7 months ago
We’re prepping to shoot the next 2-3 videos in the character types series, and have some ideas for character types we could address, but I wanted to hear from you all first. Are there any character stereotypes you’d like to see us tackle? Let me know and I can see if we can address them in a future video!
- Load More
