@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia *sheaths sabre, steps back* Let’s let the other fans decide this.
I have actually read the book, but I can’t remember anything Legolas did in that, except that he was able to walk over the snow where everyone else kept falling in.
And it’s not just Legolas I dislike, I dislike elves of all kinds, I am extremely prejudiced against them…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Sorry, have never seen or read the LOTR… I’ve read the Hobbit though. I’m planning on reading LOTR soon
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Of Fairytales and Beta-readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 10 months ago
@Alia hmmm… interesting. Okay. Thank you for pointing that out; I’ll have to look at it again.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia *draws sabre and various knives* all right!
<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Urgh, Legolas just so perfect and insufferable (plus i hate his hair). Does he contribute anything to the plot?  Not particularly. He’s just there to look handsome and spout poetic words. </span>
Perhaps we should call in the rest of the fans to have their two c…
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
*sigh…* anyone else here?
@dragon-snapper @catwing @seekjustice @alia @perfectfifths @epicaddie2
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Yea so am I… Seeya!
-
Charis replied to the topic First Fantasy Story in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily Full length novels are typically between 50,000 and 100,000 words (I think the first Harry Potter book was around 70,000 for reference), but don’t set this as a “must have” in your story. At least, not at first. Worry about word count when you’re editing. Get the first draft on paper first and everything will come much easier.
What makes a…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Yeah me neither. What is “dystopian?”
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Is it for NaNoWriMo? (Mine isn’t)
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hello, @alia! Yeah I’m working on my novella a little bit (it’s a Dr Who novella 😉 ) What are you working on?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic First Fantasy Story in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily If you have time to write it, pleeassee let us read it 😀
And… okay, so fantasy is pretty similar to a regular story… except, basically, you can do whatever you want with the characters and world. You want to make sure you still have elements like a conflict or something the characters are trying to accomplish (inner or outer) like…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia all right, let’s agree to disagree (or duel to the death with sabres, I don’t mind which :P) and not hijack poor @inkling-for-Christ ‘s thread! I like Frodo, and I like Sam, and the one who truly annoys me is Legolas. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic First Fantasy Story in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia That’s a really cool map generator! I had been wondering where and how I was going to draw a map for my KP adventure! Thanks!
@emily In my opinion, in fantasy you can create, add or change whatever you want with it! Sorry, not a very detailed answer, but, you know, that’s my opinion! If it fits, add it! Fantasy is fantasy! You are basically…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Of Fairytales and Beta-readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 10 months ago
XD Okay… lemme see if I understand you here. You thought that K became ‘evil’ like M, but then K wasn’t evil? And it confused you?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Of Fairytales and Beta-readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 10 months ago
@Alia did it? How so?
-
Joy replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Oh, heheh! Sorry! *apologetic grin*
-
Joy replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Those are good reasons! I wouldn’t know because I have barely seen any of him – just a couple episodes. But I have seen the Dalek genocide episode, so I know what you’re talking about.
#3 – *snerk!* I see where you’re going with that! He’s so romantic. I really hate it when the Doctor is romantic.
*looks around wildly* *takes your hand*…[Read more]
-
introvert_girl replied to the topic Names…again…I think I have a problem in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia I don’t think anyone suggested this yet, but dancing princesses makes me think of music, so you could do musically inspired names, such as Aria, Harmony, Melody, etc.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Names…again…I think I have a problem in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia In one book I saw the princesses were named for the months. If you made up you own months for your world that could work.
-
Northerner replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
*Peeks in* You rang?
Oh, hi, @Alia. For as rare as INTJs supposedly are, there’s a lot of them here, so you’d think the INTPs would be more represented too. But apparently not. Here I am, though. And contrary to the stereotypes, math and computer science have never held any charm for me.
- Load More
