@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira @sam-kowal has generously offered to present the traitorous members of the newly-sprung town known as Story Embers with our Declaration of War. My only worry is that I have a fearful foreboding that he, as the messenger, will receive the first blows of the battle over in Story Embers while very few of us Kapeefers are there to back…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic The Beast is Back! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @alia That is a great idea for Alia to be border patrol! And please do make a list of questions or something that we interrogate people with to be sure they are not spies. (Rochellaine, am I not your deputy? Always consider me at your service.)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Beast is Back! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 4 months ago
@dekreel Look what you said. You’re nostalgic?! The “downfall of the Kingdom?!” *chokes on the words* You’re already treating the Kingdom like a lost cause! You may say you are not a traitor but you’re certainly acting like one, trying to get all the loyal subjects left here to feel the Kingdom is only here as a nostalgic symbol of our pa…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@sam-kowal You are most certainly a traitor. 🙁 I’ve been missing you, especially since I found a song about a small dragon that I wanted to show you, but you were gone…
And Bobert has been moping and rarely shows his face here anymore since there are no dragon rides to be had.
@ariel-ashira @kaya-young The Declaration isn’t finished yet,…[Read more]
-
Koryn Koch replied to the topic The Beast is Back! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Hi! No, we haven’t. I am not super active on the KP forum…
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic The Beast is Back! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Sorry. I can’t control thunder, and I hope you don’t think I am scary.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic The Beast is Back! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I AM NOT A SPY FOR SE!!! *thunder explodes in the distance*
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic The Beast is Back! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Does that mean that I leave too because I still frequent SE?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic The Beast is Back! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia We said that if they were sorry then we would warmly recieve them, right? Okay, we dont have to be quite that nice.
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @kaya-young @daughteroftheking @all-the-remaining-kapeefers Even though I’m on a SE guild, I’m also here :/ I’ve been busy recently, so I haven’t even been spending time on either this place or SE. I agree that it’s sad that the Kingdom of Pen has been abandoned. AND (lol) I also know how to both knit and…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Beast is Back! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 4 months ago
@dekreel Oh yes, I just realized you probably don’t understand what I’m talking about. Well, the few of us left here in the Kingdom, mainly @jenwriter17 @seekjustice @ariel-ashira @alia @skredder and @kaya-young (I think I’ve forgotten someone, but can’t remember who,) have been preparing to declare war on Story Embers for the past few days.
If…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice @kaya-young @alia @ariel-ashira Anyone on?
-
Skredder replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Of course, I’ll definitely be praying!
@jenwriter17 Yes, I’ll be praying!
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I would totally read that! I can’t think of any retellings that I want to see in a new light off the top of my head, but there is this book series called the Wide-Awake Princess by E.D. Baker that incorporates a bunch of fairy tales in it.
@seekjustice The Lunar Chronicles! *Squeals* I love that series!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Actually, there’s a kids series called the Sisters Grimm, which I read years and years ago, not the greatest, but they did a really good job blending a whole bunch of fairy tales. What about the Lunar Chronicles? Have you read those? They’re another really good collection of retellings that might help you a bit!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
The queen has arrived.
( @jenwriter17 you shouldn’t say such things, I’m arrogant enough as it is)
First of all, I love this idea!! But…I’m thinking it probably doesn’t need many more fairy tales, or else its going to end up pretty confused. Having said that, the princess could go on her quest and she could…come across some scenes…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I’m back! Anyone here? @jenwriter17 @seekjustice @alia @ariel-ashira @kaya-young
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia *screams “ALL OF THEM”*
*calms down slightly*
I love fairytales!!!! Something you could do to research would be finding some older books with the original fairy tales in them- you know, like in the original Cinderella, I think the stepsisters cut their feet off to fit in the shoe. You can find some obscure fairy tales (or even greek…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia sounds great! way to go for not going for the cliche 😉
I’m actually gonna take a break for now, but i’ll be on again later. Bye! 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Fairytale Reteling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia haha, well i was probably read some when i was little, but as i got older I didn’t really care for them much. i do like retellings though 😉
- Load More
